• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Color Smith Bods Suxs

Zane_Xander

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For 3 or 4 weeks now, I will pull my smith out to collect his 3 bods and I have been getting more junk bods( non-color bods) than usual. I'm estimating about 1-4 is color and 1-12 is a color bod that will produce a jar of pof or hammer. Is it me, or is it the wonders of the Random number generator(just bad luck )
Not that anyone really cares, I just figgured I'd let TPTB know it is not fun drawing iron bods as 120 smith.
That is All ~

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Remember:

Half of all BODs are weapon (and therefore always iron)
Half of all Armor BODs are iron
half of all Armor BODs are also normal, so only 1/8 of BODs are colored exceptional
And, of those, only 13/24 are combinable types.

Compare that to Tailor, which has 18 LBODs that give Barbed runics 100% (and another several dozen with a random chance of being Barbed kit instead of a PS or horned kit)

Getting lots of Iron BODs is par for the course, as 75% of all BODs are iron (weapons, + half of the rest)

Somewhere in this forum or the data chest is my analysis of around 2500 smith BODs. The result isn't pretty, but the numbers came out to within 0.5% of expected results. There's also a slight tendency of multiple BODs of similar types getting pulled, if pulled around the same time. Running my 6 smiths for 3 BODs each, it's not unheard of for 3-4 of the 18 BODs being the same item, with similar quantities and quality values (and they be 1 each from different characters, over 3 accounts). The seed values for the RNG in BOD generation, therefore, are probably something in the server clock that changes little over 10-15 minutes.

Zane_Xander

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seemed like I was getting better color my last go around with my smith. About every other month I like to pull out my smith to do bods. Sometimes I can go two months between doing bods. Maybe when I start to flip the bods I will find myself with better color. So maybe I shouldn't have been so harsh...but I am just a product of my environment..ha

Thx for the info.:)

DerekL

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Compare that to Tailor, which has 18 LBODs that give Barbed runics 100% (and another several dozen with a random chance of being Barbed kit instead of a PS or horned kit)
Tailor BOD's came in some months after Smith BOD's... they learned a lot in the interim.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Maybe, but it took them over 8 years after Tailor BODs came in to tell us that the ratio of normal Tailor BODs to Exceptional BODs was 2/1, instead of the 50/50 split that the design document stated (and was never contradicted in any point afterward until we brought it up 4-5 years ago, by counting several thousand BOD pulls, and asking why the ratio given on UO.com in the only mentions of the subject were so different from the results). There was supposed to be a 10% increase in Exceptional BODs for Smiths once they hit GM+, as well, that disappeared sometime between its announcement and UO's 10th anniversary (if it ever made it to the servers), that was never stated to no longer be in effect after it was announced.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I was really disappointed to see that the new town loyalty system (currently being dissected on UHall) wasn't doing anything for crafters. I thought perhaps loyalty to Minoc would get you better BODs in that town, instead it sounds like it's just going to be stat bonuses for PvM/PvP.