• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Color of UO's window top bar vs color of UOAssit numbers

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has anyone ever managed to change the color of the window?
I know I have attempted to adjust things but it has been years since I even attempted and I don't recall if I was ever successful. (and that would be a laptop and a desktop ago.)
All I know is that the bright green is now a color I can no longer see on the bar. When the weight changes from the green to yellow to warn me to stop eating cookies, I can see it :D
:eyes:
UOAssist does have a change all chat color text if someone's vision is starting to fail them as well.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is something i struggled with when i moved off of windows 7,
i could never change the text color but on windows 7 I could change the backdrop color of the title bar.

There are settings in windows that are supposed to be able to change the titlebar color in windows 10 but it doesn't seem to work for uo classic client.
I did however somehow make the title bar a lot thicker. Give me a few mins and i'll look up how i did it.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
okay have you actually tried that petra? it doesn't seem to work for UO - when uoassist uses the title bar, that particular title bar stays the same color in windows 10.
PS, some of us know how to use google also.

Untitled.png

Pictured, top bar title bar with uoassist, color didn't change
bottom bar, uo title bar without uoassist, color did change

As you can see, somehow i managed to make the text on the title bars nice and large, i'm still looking for how this was done on win 10

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, I don't have assist installed currently. It worked fine for just UO. I think text size comes under 'accessibility'

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1694120324985.png 1694120397457.png 1694120491061.png

The stats are what I cannot see. the weight will change colors and I can see it eventually.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I found this, does it help?
It changed the color of the top bar for the account login screen only. It also changed the UOassit start up window as well as the UOassit window itself, but upon logging in, it (the game window) reverted back to the same blueish color. Something is overriding it.
1694120986467.png
1694121179883.png

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mkay, so I started UO without UOAssit and the color change stayed, so I will mess with UOAssit and if no luck send Tug an email. Perhaps he can help. Thank you. :)

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
yeah so i've somehow made my title bar text bigger and bolder on windows 10
Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

i prob had to download some third party windows power tool to do it and then since uninstalled it.

All the guides i see online, are telling me to go to a display setting in the control panel, that i simply don't have...

Last edited:

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View attachment 146763

View attachment 146765

i prob had to download some third party windows power tool to do it and then since uninstalled it.

All the guides i see online, are telling me to go to a display setting in the control panel, that i simply don't have...

That's some kind of serious short term memory issue that you should have looked at, if you can remember and perhaps don't remember that you already have had it looked at. :)
Bigger may be better for a bit, I will give that a shot.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View attachment 146763

View attachment 146765

(I tried this and they are just bigger green numbers I cannot see lol)
Type in text size in settings and you should see a few text choices. You may have drug the the slider from A to A. Check there first....unless of course you like the new and improved font. :D
1694126006692.png

Last edited:

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
yeah but that is prob all text, you just want the title bar text,
it's not really short term memory, windows 10 came out around 2015, sorry for not remembering something i did 8 years ago. It's possible windows updates have removed the ability to do it since then, and now you have to do a reg/powershell edit or use some windows power tool.

Last edited:

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yeah but that is prob all text, you just want the title bar text,
it's not really short term memory, windows 10 came out around 2015, sorry for not remembering something i did 8 years ago. It's possible windows updates have removed the ability to do it since then, and now you have to do a reg/powershell edit or use some windows power tool.
Ah, well that should fix it! I thought you had just did it :) I have sent Tug an email, hope I guessed it correctly. :D

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Anyone else want to also Google an answer on the assumption that the OP can’t use Google and didn’t already try that…?

so far we got Petra and Frodo doing it to be condescending.

just waiting for Pawain too to give instructions on how to change the title bar color. Make it a hat trick.

once, twice, three times a lady.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone else want to also Google an answer on the assumption that the OP can’t use Google and didn’t already try that…?

so far we got Petra and Frodo doing it to be condescending.

just waiting for Pawain too to give instructions on how to change the title bar color. Make it a hat trick.

once, twice, three times a lady.
Please don't interpret my motives for trying to help people. You are a very long way off in your estimations.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Folks, let's keep it impersonal and play nicely. If you're not here to positively add to the conversation , please move on.