• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Closing down a few things

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Closing down / No longer doing

EM/Township Runebooks vendors
Township Maps
Gareth character from RP
(Dun worry ill give him a good ending)
EM Event Postings
Player Postings
EM Posters
EM Location Maps
EM Event Icq Reminders
Banner Designing
Chesapeake Shard Directory
In game News Vendors
Ethereal Void Imperium News

and that is all for right now... I will keep you all updated.

G

Gunga_Din

Now he has more time to be my minion, thank the makers !!

Jordy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is all part of your plot to overthrow the crown isn't it? Lull them into a false sense of security. Sneaky!

R

Ransom_of_BiC

On a serious note, are you going to tell us what the hell is going on, Gareth?

georox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm guessing real-life/not getting to actually play/way too much responsibility/work for one person...

I mean, let's be honest, I think Gareth does more work than anyone else on this shard with how much behind-the-scenes time he puts in for Stratics/events/etc. and only a few help him.

R

Ransom_of_BiC

Things like the 'shard directory' and stuff like that could be picked up by another assistant here on the Chessy shard, if he wanted. With the new company taking over stratics, I wonder if there's something they have in place, or something like that.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
The reason I am closing these things is simple. When these projects were started I had people who said they were going to do this and that, if I started it off. Problem is that didn't happen. Allot of the projects seem very simple but they are not. Staying in constant contact with people and organizing the information is allot of work. Some days I will seriously spend 9 hours updating and organizing. The last directory overhaul I did updating maps, character information, news stories and HoC notes was a 52hour straight project.

Now I am not destroying what is already there or saying "No this is mine you cant touch it". Some of these projects I plan to re-organize and launch in game. If there is someone who wants to step in and continue a certain project and pick up where I have left off just let me know. I will make a promise to everyone here. I wont transfer anything over to someone who will just let it sit and not maintain these services, you have come to depend on.

Township Maps were created for EM Dudley. This was so he could get an idea of what townships claim, have etc for interaction. The maps I have will be released to each township leader for them to keep updated.

The Directory will be transferred to the Chesapeake shard website as planned. I have a few final additions to make. Once the directory is on the website you can contact the News Manager for updates.

In-game News books are a minor snag. I am working on a new way to do this. As for the vendors you can contact EM Dudley to see if he wants to keep them. For me the vendors take to much time. My plan is just to use a table area with a news book locked down for people to read.

EM Event announcements are always posted up by one of the EMs in the EM forum. They also come in through the Hall of Commons news reports. If they are not then go to the Hall of Commons building and listen to the town crier spam.

We have allot of great leaders on the Chesapeake shard and I have no doubt some will come and assist in shard wide projects. As for me I will still be around and I need to do some major focus in game on the Imperium. I am one of its leaders who is entrusted with the responsibility of leading and maintaining the towns. If anyone has been to Kijustsu Anei Village lately you will see that my houses are just a disaster and some of my favorite things I do in game are gone. I honestly just miss being in game. Its not about hunting or going to have play time. Its just being in game and around talking to people or helping.

Ps. This has nothing to do with any stratics politics etc. This is my own personal decision.

R

Ransom_of_BiC

Well, there are some things I'd be happy to pick up, but I'd manage them and present the information in a much different way than you have (that's just a personal preference thing). If you want to chat about it, let's get together.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Sounds good to me. Just let me know what you are interested in picking up. As for the information being presented differently thats fine. I presented the information differently then those before me and I am sure they did it differently then those who came before them.

G

Gunga_Din

I just want all out chaos !!! Seriously though, I'm glad your giving up some of this stuff. You were spending too much time out of game and I was causing mass havoc, I need u in game to keep me on the path of evil.....I mean good.....mu ha ha !!