• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Client?

mihali

Sage
Not to create any problem asking this, but the EC client has sub-par graphics and gives me dizziness and headache. CC does not have any such problem for me but the CC is with some serious limitations. Is there another "2d" client that is approved by the Devs? Something that would allow screen size manipulation, a more functional map and similar visuals otherwise to EC? In CC one of my main issues is to resize the play window as I need mostly. Any thoughts appreciated.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can re size the window in the cc but not as much as the ec

I would go to the unleashed part of the forums if you want complete answers to your questions

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not to create any problem asking this, but the EC client has sub-par graphics and gives me dizziness and headache. CC does not have any such problem for me but the CC is with some serious limitations. Is there another "2d" client that is approved by the Devs? Something that would allow screen size manipulation, a more functional map and similar visuals otherwise to EC? In CC one of my main issues is to resize the play window as I need mostly. Any thoughts appreciated.
I had the same issue with the dizziness and Headaches when I started using the EC. I changed the Max Framerate to 120 FPS as pictured. It's on the Graphics Tab if you cannot see it. I have also heard that turning off footsteps should be done but I am mostly deaf and have the sound off to avoid bothering my family.

1709476752983.png

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have the same issue with the dizziness and headaches, but my biggest PO is the art in EC, I hate it. And I agree with @Victim of Siege get rid of the DODO and bring the real Phoenix back.
The Art took time but I love the EC interface and everything else about it. I made a decision to uninstall the CC many years ago and force myself to acclimate lol. Now I am so "used to" the EC graphics that the 1% of the time I use the CC these days I catch myself cringing at some of the CC art lol

mihali

Sage
The irony is, before EC this forum was filled with complaints that the CC graphics were too old and badly in need of updating.
Until the EC graphics came out, then everyone realised how bad, bad graphics can be. In reality it is CC client that should have enjoyed all the functional upgrades EC has. Or Give EC the CC graphics, and keep just that one client i.e. EC with the CC graphics. Any ways looks like most of us will be forced into EC since screen size also makes a difference, also map capabilities, with the upcoming Sea adventure event. Will have to give it a try, and also get dizzy and get a headache despite the recommended changes to the framerate.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Until the EC graphics came out, then everyone realised how bad, bad graphics can be. In reality it is CC client that should have enjoyed all the functional upgrades EC has. Or Give EC the CC graphics, and keep just that one client i.e. EC with the CC graphics. Any ways looks like most of us will be forced into EC since screen size also makes a difference, also map capabilities, with the upcoming Sea adventure event. Will have to give it a try, and also get dizzy and get a headache despite the recommended changes to the framerate.
hate to hear that you're still getting the issue. I have had issues with certain games a long time. Wolfenstein 3D and Doom did it to me back in the day. I could play for 45 minutes tops and then had to go lay down lol.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well the problem is that Mesanna picks and chooses so a McDougle would certainly be quickly banned
Nothing surprises me about Mesanna so that might be the case, but I'm not completely sure they could/would worry about your client unless you gave them a reason to. When is the last time we saw an account actioned for "third party" ? Go check out some of the Fel Yew (or VvV) group fights on ATL some time where you see all types of blatant scripts being used that we know aren't possible in CC or EC; if they aren't getting banned I think you'd be fine unless you were breaking game mechanics somehow like mining 20 spaces away or something.

1709642106315.png

I'd love to have CC with the functionality and coding aspects of EC. It would make life a lot easier for many things. I still haven't used a third party client (mainly because I'd be paranoid I downloaded a trojan and I'd lose my account that way lol) but everything I've seen suggests to me that it's not a glaring automatic ban like some people think. I think that the team realizes that some of those clients actually keep people subscribed that might not if they had to choose between CC vs EC.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It took me a bit of time to adjust to the EC client, but I did it for the functionality of it, and over time, I have come to appreciate the EC graphics. The water looks like water. The spell animations are pretty damn cool. Grass looks like grass, etc. I don't particularly like the EC paperdoll, but I can always turn on the classic paperdoll if it bugs me enough.

I still keep the CC around for stocking vendors. While the EC allows you to switch backpack view to the CC view, it's not exactly the same, and it's easier to use the CC for it. But using the CC does make me realize how old and clunky the CC graphics really are.

It's all personal preference. There is no right or wrong. It is unfortunate some people get dizzy from the EC though. That must suck.

wishdragon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I think the only thing that makes me use EC over CC is the backpacks/bank boxes.

I also prefer the grid bar for hotkeys, but it's the grouping of items that is most important to me.

If not for that, I would use CC, I prefer the older graphics, and I feel it runs a bit smoother.

mihali

Sage
I think the only thing that makes me use EC over CC is the backpacks/bank boxes.

I also prefer the grid bar for hotkeys, but it's the grouping of items that is most important to me.

If not for that, I would use CC, I prefer the older graphics, and I feel it runs a bit smoother.
What you mean grouping of items? tyvm.