• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Client 7.0.6.5 not working with WinXp Pro

S

Skynar

Never had any problems till I patched up to 7.0.6.5. I have tried multiple reloads etc. but keep getting Client.exe errors. I can patch up to 6.0.14 and have no issues. Soon as i hit 7.x I start getting client.exe errors

Any idears?

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gonna start with the rhetorical stuff. Have you scanned for viruses?

Wulf2k knows more about procmon than I do, maybe he could pop in and show you how to use it to see if anything else is calling on the client.exe to make it crash.

S

Skynar

Yea, but should point out it is a brand new clean install of Win Xp Pro sp3 that was all updated and patched. Next thing to load was UO

its weird that I am find up to and through ver 6 but soon as i hit the 7 patch the client no longer functions.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I might be having similar issues with XP.

Patcher screen loads up, I click Okay and the client doesn't even appear, I just get an error:

It worked fine before this recent patch. Also, My Windows 7 PC is absolutely fine. :(

This happens on both my XP machines, So it's clearly an XP issue.

---------------------------
Error
The UO game client has crashed. To report this crash, hit Control-C and paste the contents of your clipboard

into an email addressed to [email protected] with a description of what you were doing when it crashed.

Version: 7.0.7.1

Exception Id: 3221225477

Module: client.exe

Checksum: 2654420577

OK