• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*clears throut* Ummm.... Presenting my Pond

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Yes. Burned out on PvP, PvM so I am exploring other aspects of the game. This is my first hard core deco project. I usually have others do it for me.

Amateurish. Sure. Ignore the house. That will be my next project. I got focused on the pond and have worked on it quite some time. I am still tweaking so if you have any thoughts or constructive criticism, feel free.

Attachments

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Hmm... It lost a bit in the uploading process.

I will see if I can get a better picture soon.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great job!

Are you going to add some additional landscaping bits to the flat grassy surrounding area? I think that might help the pond to blend in and not look so "floaty" (best word I can come up with) on the plot.

Looking forward to seeing how the new house design house complements the pond. :)

-Skylark

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Yes. I am not sure what I am going to do with the flat spot yet. I am going to rebuild the house next and even try to build a roof I think...

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that's a fine lookin' pond, Kelmo

hope the little froggy makes it to the water before a large bird picks him off ;)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*chuckles* I know it is a bit rough. It is my first real project. That picture is fuzzy. i really hope to get some animated water tiles... No one on Siege is admitting to having them.

I got my log...

The tricky part is, I am right on top of a pixie spawn. They fly in some times. It is my thief character. A scoundrel. Extreme deco points?

sligachan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you take the 'h' from throut you got trout which is only thing missing from your pond me thinks :D

Nice job!

S

Shantia

For the flat grassy part i think either a gazebo type of thing would look really good or a bench set up. I will try to make one real fast and upload it to give you an example of what i mean.

S

Shantia

Ok here's a rough bench set up. Used nox crystals for the poles, cloth for the over hang, brillant amber, nightshade, black pearl for the additions ontop, and corruption on the sides.

Doesnt fit so great in my house but hopefully you get the basic idea..i tried to use very basic items since i dont know what kind of things you have to display. The poles could be made out of anything round really or even lamp posts if you got'em tho they might be to high. Surrounded by campions or ferns or your favorite plant would also be very pretty.

Attachments

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow! That's a very nice pond Kelmo! Now all you need to do is fix that kleenex box of a house and you'll be set. :p

T

Teeshy

You got your log! =D

And it's a very nice pond to go with it =)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love it, Kelmo, especially the pine tree with the log next to it. Too bad you can't plunk a duck or a goose on the pond!

Can't wait to see what you do with the house.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You are just being kind to the noob. It really looks cool, the picture does not do it justice. The house is next. I am thinking logs...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are just being kind to the noob. It really looks cool, the picture does not do it justice. The house is next. I am thinking logs...
Okay, that does it. Finally time to take a walk on Siege, even if my character ends up a ghost.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice Kelmo! Can't wait to see how everything looks when complete.

I'm gonna need to start thinking of a design for my new Siege house soon :)

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I like it very much Friend. Good Job and keep sending those pics our way

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the pond is wonderful! Its making me want to make a pond now... lol :) Anyways, very nice job Kelmo!

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
love it kelmo, that's a beautiful pond! looks great with the naked christmas tree too. i hope they fix those soon so they don't re-deed every serverup. i hope they give us moving water tiles some time.

P

PlayBoy. Inc.

Very nice pond!!! I hope you'll post the final decorated plot when you're done. :)

G'luck!!

-Bunny

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably one of the most natural looking ponds ive seen in UO. It looks great. I'll pinch a few ideas from it for my own pond if you dont mind...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Probably one of the most natural looking ponds ive seen in UO. It looks great. I'll pinch a few ideas from it for my own pond if you dont mind...
*smiles* I just hoped for a simple pond. Thank you. Smoothing the right angles of the tiles is tough.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whereabouts on Siege is it .. i'd like to pay it a visit for a better look (and maybe a spot of fishing) ?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*smiles* I just hoped for a simple pond. Thank you. Smoothing the right angles of the tiles is tough.
Snowdrops and water plants are great for those pokey corners from water tiles. And the doom rock. Really anything that has a flat bottom works pretty well I think. :)

N

Ni-

Yes. I am not sure what I am going to do with the flat spot yet. I am going to rebuild the house next and even try to build a roof I think...
Hey, not a bad looking pond... especially for a PvPer! :D J/K

The grassy area looks like you used the same type of grass tile. When I am making large areas of the same type of tile I try to use all the different tiles of that same type(all 5 different grass tiles) as chaotically as possible. That seems to reduce some of the redundency some.

As others have said, placing other items around will also break up the redundency/monotony of a grass field. Like a path/walkway to the front door or more plants/trees in that area.

Good luck with the rest of the design/deco, and keep us updated with your progress!

*you feel yourself slowly being drawn in to the dark side*

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really nice! I may steal parts of this for my next house design! I don't have a log, though. :(