• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Clearing the Forest Lord spawn

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I tried to do the T2A forest lord spawn today, and it was basically a non-starter.

After 40 minutes of killing as fast as I feel like I could, I had advanced the spawn by a whopping 0 candles - not even a small candle.

I spent those 40 minutes doing basically target nearest, fireball, repeat.

I tried using chain lightning to clear groups with 1 cast, but it seems like I couldn't get it to do any damage, ever, to the pixies. and in any event, it seems like they rarely are in groups of more than 2. I think the inability hit the pixies is an EC issue, as it seems to be a problem of criminal flagging.

I tried using earthquake, but while this was great for the shadow whisps, only did 4 damage to the pixies.

EVs did some decent work, when you could drop them in an open area with a bunch of stuff, but as anyone who has been there knows, this is not a lot of areas.

I'm just now getting back into playing a mage after approximately 15 years in mothballs, so I'm probably missing something obvious. Just not sure what. I would think a spell like whither would be useful in here perhaps.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
In no particular order...

There's a Fey Slayer spellbook, Fallen Mystic's? From the Stygian Dragon.
Targeting Chain Lightning/Meteor Swarm via macro sometimes fails, taking the mana but not casting the spell. Personally I either target the ground, or pull the bar (usually to combo with Omen)
First level you shouldn't need to do anything other than Fireball/Meteor Swarm/EV.
Second level use Meteor Swarm for Wisps, Chain Lightning for Ki-Rin.
Third level use Meteor Swarm for Unicorns, Chain Lightning for Centaurs.
Fourth level use fire spells for Ethereal Warriors (depending on template, but for a regular Mage Explosion/FS/Fireball), energy spells for Serpentine Dragons (Chain Lightning/Energy Bolt/Lightning).