• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Clean up your plates!

• Thread starter Natalius Lynn
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
N

Natalius Lynn

What is it with this clean up your plates thing? It's everywhere! I walked into a house today to "CLEAN UP YOUR PLATES. I DONT GET PAID FOR YOU BEING HERE SO THE LEAST YOU CAN DO IS CLEAN UP!" Needless to say, I left, and don't plan on ever going back there.

I don't mind the "Could you please clean up your plates if you can?
" type thing, or even the signs. But like most, when I green, I queue everything and walk away. Especially when I skill. But if I am asked nicely, I will X it all out to clean it up, and go back. (Not if the maid is there, though!)

But seriously. House owners, be kind to your guests. Plates aren't that big of a deal!

G

I may be a habitual AFK'er in many skill houses, but I generally try to be present and active during a greening cycle. Reason? Because more often than not, I come back to find my poor avi (There! I said it!) standing in a puddle of pee or has some poor soul trapped on the potty!

It also helps nullify the dirty plate issue.

G

<blockquote><hr>

What is it with this clean up your plates thing? It's everywhere! I walked into a house today to "CLEAN UP YOUR PLATES. I DONT GET PAID FOR YOU BEING HERE SO THE LEAST YOU CAN DO IS CLEAN UP!" Needless to say, I left, and don't plan on ever going back there.

" type thing, or even the signs. But like most, when I green, I queue everything and walk away. Especially when I skill. But if I am asked nicely, I will X it all out to clean it up, and go back. (Not if the maid is there, though!)

But seriously. House owners, be kind to your guests. Plates aren't that big of a deal!

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT, I agree and if you're talking about TC3 we might have actually walked out of the same house. Never in my life have I seen a house owner or roomie drone on and on like long-tailed cat getting squished in a room full of rocking chairs. I too don't mind the signs being posted in the kitchen, not even the ones that say 'your momma doesn't live here anymore' (as if she ever did) or 'we are not your maids'. That house owner the other day said "Come on people, don't make me start having to charge for buffet again"......as if that was going to be an extra incentive for people to pick up their plates when there are other houses they could go to where the atmosphere isn't as petty and nit-picky? Do they really think their house(s) are that irreplaceable that threats like that are actually going to engender *more* cusotmer loyalty? I'll tell you the ones that get my loyalty. The ones who do stuff like that without ever a word about it, so that when you see them with a stack of 5 plates in their hand and you say "OMG I meant to pick that up, thanks for getting it for me" they reply with "np/mp that's what we're here for!!!" responses like that get more conscientiousness for me not to neglect to help out again, *and* they get extra tips and thank yous for knowing what constitutes something to get upset about and what doesn't.

G

i don't like when places charge for buffets or demand tips
i mean, yeah, it's harder to earn money these days... but it's NOT impossible
no one is forcing you to keep your house open 24/7... so go out for a few hours and make some moolah (or whatever we're calling it these days)

G

<blockquote><hr>

I may be a habitual AFK'er in many skill houses, but I generally try to be present and active during a greening cycle. Reason? Because more often than not, I come back to find my poor avi (There! I said it!) standing in a puddle of pee or has some poor soul trapped on the potty!

It also helps nullify the dirty plate issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I trained myself to queue up potty very first thing in a green cycle after several 'accidents' (come on guys eating what exactly makes somebody PEE on themselves....heh), but it still happens sometime if I look away a couple seconds too long and don't realize that somebody else got to a potty before I did, but I usually don't trap them on it because eating is queue'd up right behind it. More than once my avatar has been trapped on one though and I use the opportunity for a little comedic fun with different variations of 'this is gonna be a whole new form of Ring Around the Rosie if somebody doesn't rescue me soon' comments, which always get a few LOLs and LMAOs. Gotta make the most out of difficult situations, right? LOL LOL LOL

G

<blockquote><hr>

(come on guys eating what exactly makes somebody PEE on themselves....heh)

[/ QUOTE ]Prunes. Lots and lots of prunes. With a Metamucil chaser.

G

I have to disagree with you a bit on this issue. I have been on both sides so I know what I am talking about. Back in the good old days when we were sims online it wasn’t such a big deal but things have changed and we need to take a look at the other side.

First of all when we merged we got our house and our inventory but the only money we got was $500. for 1 sim and nothing for the rest. We don’t get visitor bonuses anymore. We keep the house open so others can get their skill up so there is little time for house owners to make money. Tips suck because most sims are broke at this point.

Jobs pay outs really suck with $52. for a jam with max skills. Pizza pay went down and now you get $24. for a large star pizza with maxed skills! Oh I forgot we do get a $1. skill bonus. How I long for the good old days.

A maid is like $10. for an hour and a gardener is $10. for an hour. I think you need both to run a good house. God forbid that anything breaks (which in EA Land things break a lot more and a lot faster) then you hire the repairman for $50. an hour. To feed 6 people it costs $24. each time. We all know that a dirty room gets red fast and people get red faster and most don’t like to skill in a red room.

Now I must say that if someone keeps a house open so I can skill and they feed me then the least I can do is clean up my plate and what other lazy people leave behind. I do try to tip also.

There is a lot that needs to be fixed in EA Land and I think we all need to stick together and help each other when we can and don’t complain about being asked to pick up your own dirty plate. I try to act like I do in real life when I play the sims and I would never go to someone’s home and dirty the place up and not clean up behind myself!

Home owners don’t need to ask me to clean up my dirty plate because I do it on my own.

N

Natalius Lynn

I, too, own a house, and I ask nicely. This post isn't me saying i'm against owners asking, i'm against people BEGGING for tips and YELLING at people to clean up.

Sorry if I didn't make it clear in my first post.

G

You know what would be funny...? Okay, this sounds totally hilarious to me, and we all know how much I love to make myself laugh.

I soooooo very much want to go to a random house (that I don't live in and possibly never visited before) and yell at the poor avatars to clean up their plates, make their bed, etc. Like, stand there as they're eating and yell, "CHEW FASTER!! CLEAN UP YOUR PLATE! SHEESH!!"

G

<blockquote><hr>

You know what would be funny...? Okay, this sounds totally hilarious to me, and we all know how much I love to make myself laugh.

I soooooo very much want to go to a random house (that I don't live in and possibly never visited before) and yell at the poor avatars to clean up their plates, make their bed, etc. Like, stand there as they're eating and yell, "CHEW FASTER!! CLEAN UP YOUR PLATE! SHEESH!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

L

legscroft

Just my opinion...I think it's very rude to not clean up after yourself. I always clean my plates, (though perhaps not one after the other if I eat more than one), always clean the toilet &amp; shower I'm using if they need cleaned. But I also think it's rude to demand that your guests clean. I'm not into hosting, it's never been something I enjoy, but I think if I did it alot I'd be inclined to ban sims that repeatedly left a mess rather than yell at them to clean.

E

Elizabeth Z

Well although I usually 'always' clean up after myself because I'm anal about a clean house I don't think it very nice to scream at folks. Honestly if you are yelling at people then maybe its time to take a break from the house. Everyone needs a breather. I think the reason some home owners/roomies get rattled is spending WAY too much time there. Believe me I've been there done that.

I'm not even back in game yet....YET..*grins* however I can imagine how tough it is to try and run a house with no pay. And even if they do go out to try and earn money well you don't make very much or so I've read

So everyone just take a step back and breathe.... enjoy the game for what it is. Don't make it a 2nd job and remember be kind to one another :p

Liz

I

imported_Claudia MacCloud

Idk .... some are so rude when it comes to cleaning plates..... I know myself I do leave the plates .... Only when i have 4-5 "SIMS" on at one time... I green them all at the same time... The last one to green has KP duty .... You should hear the rude comments..... But hey I try ...I find it faster to green them this way .... Guess Im not fast enough

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I do!

Haha.. not really though

I like to clean my plate, make my bed, clean my toilet and shower. I don't think its rude if you don't and I certainly don't mind doing it for you if you forgot or just didn't want to. I don't really think cleaning your plate is such a big deal, I don't know why people are so crazy about it. If your a host, what else are you doing besides making food, cleaning up after your guests, and of course serenades. But at the same time I don't think its so difficult to wait the minute while your AV is eating to q "clean plate" afterwards. I guess I don't really have much of a say in this, lol. Either way, whatever.

G

I'm a habitual plate cleaner. The only time I dont is if I think I wont make it to the bathroom in time lol. Didnt make it last night
. I was at a house not long ago where the roomie refused to let me pick up my plate. It became rather a contest to see who could pick it up first. It was hilarious!

I've been known to chide fellow guests for not cleaning, its most annoying when the tables are full of plates when and I have to eat standing up. Still I dont appreciate being yelled at either, but then since I get my plate and everyone elses 99% of the time I dont expect it will happen anytime soon. I have however been thanked many times by owners/roomies for cleaning up.

I really dont see any reason why people cant clean up plates, it doesnt take much time out of your day and it totally helps out the house.

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

I really dont see any reason why people cant clean up plates, it doesnt take much time out of your day and it totally helps out the house.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I am trying to say! Its nice to help out however you can.

Since money is hard right now for most players, doing little things like cleaning your plate or shower or making the bed and can go a long way for a host/housekeeper

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I try to always make sure my plate is picked up. I just feel that its rude to leave it for someone else to get and in the same with the shoer and potty. When you do this chances are you get more serenades

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Ok. I'll confess. I clean my plate only when I think about it. Sometimes while i'm eating I will queue to clean someone else's dirty plate they left instead then run off to finish my greening. Houses with tip jars get higher tips from me so I don't have to clean my plate. If I'm tipping the host, then I am paying them to clean up after me.

S

Sunflowers

Is it wrong of me to say that I had a avatar OCD with cleaning plates, cleaning dirty sheets, dirty toilets and showers before my hosting days? LOL.

I totally understand what your talking about. But I know how it is when avatars don't clean up after themselves and get plate after plate and then run off. I hosted for months now and it was a pain cleaning after avatars. But it was my job as a room mate. It did get a bit annoying when I would make rounds and serenade to the guests and clean up 20 dirty plates after. The job got harder and the owner did not have a maid back then. So it sucked but then again you have a major point.

Now for the avatar OCD I had back in the day, no longer exists. LOL. Only at my love house.

G

Here's my opinion:

If cleaning up a plate of your guest is to much to ask... dont go into hosting business, you're not worth it. And defenatly not worthing having a guest.

Putting a sign there asking to do it is already way over line I think. Geesh, you're hosting, its your job.

I ask my guests many time not to clean. They are my guests, I clean. They can clean there own house, not mine. I pay the maid 10$ an hr to do it overday, I rly charge my guests that 10$ if I spot them cleaning up!

Overall, i find it not done and disrespectful to the host if you start cleaning.
I tip them for there work. First one who go into a tantrum over my plate will sure never see me again lol.

But hey, thats just how I see it

G

<blockquote><hr>

Here's my opinion:
If cleaning up a plate of your guest is to much to ask... dont go into hosting business, you're not worth it. And defenatly not worthing having a guest.

[/ QUOTE ]

I clean up my plate in your house, but I really like your attitude about it, and I think that plays a big part in your success.

This is what I do in other people's houses:
Clean my plate - <font color="green">Yes</font>
Clean their showers - <font color="red">No</font>
Clean their toilets - <font color="red">No</font>
Make their beds - <font color="orange">Not usually, but can happen</font>
Repair their stuff - <font color="orange">Not usually, but can happen</font>
Sing to their guests - <font color="green">Yes, occasionally</font>
Tip them - <font color="green">When I remember to, amount depends on how welcome I feel in the house</font>
Be a nice person - <font color="green">Yes</font>

In my opinion we can pause our greening cycle to clean the plates.
Now that houses take 30 guests, the roomies have a lot of work to do.
If we can help prevent all tables being occupied by plates with flies, that's good.
But I don't like houses where they yell at you to clean up, it should be a courtesy just like tipping. After all, we are giving you our visitor hours, and you have chosen to make this type of house.

S

SilverSpike

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
ROFL. HAHAHAHA,, Can i join you?

R

Roger Wilco

You're right not to visit them any longer. They obviously think of visitors as guests in their homes instead of the way they should be looking at them - as customers giving them dwell time in exchange for food and services.

There are plenty of houses for people to choose from. Visitors have what houses want, not the other way around.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW: He said 'pee' themselves!
Prunes make hot chocolate...not lemonade!

I'm getting the feeling we need to open an EAland etiquette center or else deputize a team of bears that could go around handing out citations to lazy 'plate leaving' sims.

J

JRock

You do make a valid point. How many people irl clean up their own plates after eating at a restaurant?

R

Rosebush3333

As a guest in someone else's house:
If a toilet is dirty before or after I use it, I clean it.
If a shower is dirty before or after I use it, I clean it.
If I mess up a bed, I will make it.
When served food I will take my dirty plate to the sink.
I may not sing to the guests but I will sing to the host/hostess.
If I am not there to skill or make money I will do more, from watering plants to housework to serenades. I often go places just to hang out and it gives me something to do.

When I am HOSTING:
I will do my best to see that every guest keeps well fed and comfortable. I never ask a guest to lift a finger, they are my GUESTS. I am the HOST. It is my place to clear the dishes and clean the property. I have never felt a guest was rude to leave a plate for me. I would never presume to ask that of anyone, and those who DO take their plates to the sink - I thank them.
If I didn't feel I could take care of the guests I simply wouldn't open my property to hosting. It is not about others doing favors for YOU, it is about what you can do to help others. Your needs get put aside. Don't like that? Then don't host.

I

imported_VeronicaV

I am extremely gulity of NOT picking up my plates. 2 reasons, not that either of them make it right, but first, I have been spoiled in 4 years of playing, and am used to the maid or the owner doing it. The main reason though, is that I always que up the restroom as soon as I eat, or I leave a blue puddle. However, after I go to the loo, I try to swing back for my plate if it is still there. I dunno, I guess you have to decide which is worse, peeing yourself or leaving your plate. Personally, I don't like the puddle. You have to take an annoyingly long shower. To end this monologue, it is interesting how the changes in game have made such little things crazy important.

S

Shadowbay

I dont have a problem picking up MY plate, the problem comes in when my dumba** avi cleans the other bazillion plates left behind, time Im through doing that I need to eat again !!!

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

I dont have a problem picking up MY plate, the problem comes in when my dumba** avi cleans the other bazillion plates left behind, time Im through doing that I need to eat again !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are killing me!!! ROFL

G

Well here is something I am going to try tonight when I log into the game. When time to green, I will first clean any plates left on the table. They may not be mine, but if everyone does this then the next person will get my plate. This is crazy that such a little issue has blown up into a huge debate on here. It's just plates people. lol

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

Well here is something I am going to try tonight when I log into the game. When time to green, I will first clean any plates left on the table. They may not be mine, but if everyone does this then the next person will get my plate. This is crazy that such a little issue has blown up into a huge debate on here. It's just plates people. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

HEHE...It's like 2 clicks? Click plate, click clean up? The sims do the rest.

I'm still waiting for Ashton Kutcher to jump out and yell that I've been punked cause this is rather silly.

G

*Doing my best Stoner/Actor with no real acting ability but still got married to a hottie like Demi Moore*

You just got Punk'd!

Yeah... don't you feel somewhat bad? Like, when you tripped on that rock a few years back. You felt bad back then... even though no one saw it... and it wasn't really much... But still! You got Punk'd!!!!!

I

imported_VeronicaV

Okay, Now I am pissy. Ashton is a classic talent, and I can NOT fathom how you can down play his god given abililty to entertain the masses. Leave Ashton out of this and clean up after yourselves.

G

Hey ey hey... be nice now. It's not Ashton's fault he's kinda like Keanu Reeves (who can't act either. Every character is the same.. lol).

But, back on topic. I think from reading this post from the begining I felt some brain cells commit suicide... lol. Please. We are talking about plates. If you don't want to clean up after yourself then tip the roomies and they won't care what you do.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Unfortunately, you just can't tell with sims/avatars/avis/meeps/whatever!
<blockquote><hr>

I'm getting the feeling we need to open an EAland etiquette center or else deputize a team of bears that could go around handing out citations to lazy 'plate leaving' sims.

[/ QUOTE ]Oooh! I like the team of bears idea!

B

__BaNsHeE__

I am a roomie at a busy skill house in Test Center 3. I am sorry but I disagree with many of you. When I am on running a full house, I do not think it is too much to expect my guests to clean up after themselves. Things can get pretty messy real quick in a full house, and queuing up songs to keep you green keeps me pretty much tied up.

I am your host, not your mother, nor your maid. What is 10 seconds out of your greening time to help clean up after yourself? If you don't like it, there are many other skill houses out there.

It's called common courtesy...

Regards,

BaNsHeE

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am a roomie at a busy skill house in Test Center 3. I am sorry but I disagree with many of you. When I am on running a full house, I do not think it is too much to expect my guests to clean up after themselves. Things can get pretty messy real quick in a full house, and queuing up songs to keep you green keeps me pretty much tied up.

[/ QUOTE ]I think we just hit on part of the problem here... We have all become a sim-ciety (seriously - when the word "sim" is eradicated from our vocabulary, where are we going to get all these great plays on words?) addicted to this new form of crack known as serenades! Maybe if serenades were changed to be accept/reject interactions, we could finally put this problem to bed - literally!

But, until that happens, how about a compromise: If you want to be serenaded, then clean up after yourself. Otherwise, get to know where the beds are so that your host can clean up for you.

N

Natalius Lynn

O.O...

Wow, I think my words were twisted yet again.

I do not have a problem with cleaning up my plates. The point of this post was for hosts to not SCREAM at their guests when they don't clean up their plates, just ask nicely! Guests don't go back if you scream at them.

That's alll.

G

I am not sold on that. When i eventually open my house, I will not force my visitors to clean up their dishes at themselves. They are a guest at my house. If they do it? Great. If not? I won't penalize them. I will still serenade to everyone so I can save some money by not having beds... lol

G

OMG. You were? lol. Yeah i knew you were. But man he got lucky marrying a real hottie in Demi... lol

G

I sometimes think that some people aren't aware that many in this game roleplay, and thus expect some real life courtesies as they would at any other time. Flush the toilet, make the bed, somewhat clean up after yourself. I myself get very into character in the game and when people say they won't do something for a host because they have queud up their actions and gone AFK, it seems rude to me. There are many lots who are friendly to that, and i don't know what you guys prefer, but once i have a lot to run I don't see the fun in a bunch of robots walking around not speaking. Maybe this is just my 2 cents, but I'm enjoying myself.

When I visit a lot I will clean my plate, and sometimes others, make my bed, flush the toilet, and generally clean up after myself. I don't think a guest is responsible for repairs or garbage or the like, they wouldn't be IRL either. I'm also offended by rude signs, although I understand why they are there even if things are gone about the wrong way. Polite signs might be a better idea

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, but that was my point....prunes don't make you pee and you don't pee from eating rich foods or foods high in fiber *giggle*

G

<blockquote><hr>

Idk .... some are so rude when it comes to cleaning plates..... I know myself I do leave the plates .... Only when i have 4-5 "SIMS" on at one time... I green them all at the same time... The last one to green has KP duty .... You should hear the rude comments..... But hey I try ...I find it faster to green them this way .... Guess Im not fast enough

[/ QUOTE ]

Those screaming at you have obviously never run 5 sims at once on one computer by hand. If they had they'd know its not easy to do, particularly at greening time and if one of the 5 cleans up for all 5 then personally I don't see what the big deal is......

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I do!

Haha.. not really though

I like to clean my plate, make my bed, clean my toilet and shower. I don't think its rude if you don't and I certainly don't mind doing it for you if you forgot or just didn't want to. I don't really think cleaning your plate is such a big deal, I don't know why people are so crazy about it. If your a host, what else are you doing besides making food, cleaning up after your guests, and of course serenades. But at the same time I don't think its so difficult to wait the minute while your AV is eating to q "clean plate" afterwards. I guess I don't really have much of a say in this, lol. Either way, whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

There in lies the problem. Too many people try to multi-task while hosting, not dedicating that time to hosting duties but to skilling, or whatever else during that time. The only time, IMO, a host should HAVE to skill or make money is if there is a skill speed that is slacking, or there's not enough people doing jams or whatever to get max payout. Any other time the 2-3 hours that is a regular hosting shift should be about HOSTING. If somebody is spending 8-12 RL hours a day hosting, then it's time to get some help or close the house down because Liz is correct, most of this rudeness and snarkiness from hosts is caused by nothing more than burnout....but that's not the guests' fault and they shouldn't be blamed for it.....a host can quit hosting any time they see fit.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am not sold on that. When i eventually open my house, I will not force my visitors to clean up their dishes at themselves. They are a guest at my house. If they do it? Great. If not? I won't penalize them. I will still serenade to everyone so I can save some money by not having beds... lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed! When I am hosting, I really do not mind getting the dishes... it only takes another click of the mouse anyway. I know I know... it's the principle, people should clean up for themselves. Well they are a guest in my house and I know that they are not leaving dishes behind out of spite so I will let it slide!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ][

*spews diet soda at screen*

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, that was my point, wish I had read this before I replied. How 'creatively' worded! LOL LOL LOL

Pssst, CB's a she

M

Mr Me

All I gotta so is if we haft to pick up after guest..Like your mommy's did when you was 2 PLEASE tips us for it LMAO