• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Clarification of Player Run Shard rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

From the Rules of Conduct:

Advertising of player-run shards is prohibited. Additionally our forums are not designed to provide technical support for shard emulators and as such all discussions related to building and maintaining a shard are prohibited.

PRS = Player Run Shard

Recently, there have been some threads about PRS's here in Uhall that we've had to remove. There seems to be a bit of misperception about our rule, so I'm making this post to help clarify things.

- We cannot talk about the pros and cons of a specific PRS, however we can talk about the pros and cons of PRS's in general.

- We cannot show images of PRS's. We allow images taken on personal shards (meaning: not open to the outside world). We do not allow *any* images taken on a PRS.

What it all boils down to is that we strictly disallow the talking about (and thus indirectly promoting) of actual private shards. Simply put; if there's a freeshard named XYZ then pointing people in that direction will get you in trouble. This includes naming a PRS, asking people to PM you for more info about a PRS, telling people to go to, or linking to, a page that contains information about a PRS, etc. You can talk about them in a general way, i.e. "I think OSI should allow PRS's because...", but you can't talk about specific ones in any manner, nor can you encourage people to play them in general.

UO Stratics is a fan site devoted to the UO community. UO is owned by EA, and they expressly prohibit people from running or playing on any shard but their own official shards that you must subscribe to.

Status
Not open for further replies.