CJ REVENGE

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
S

susan4633

well last night wasn't the best night we've ever had. i know my group didn't make it, the mountainberry mcburps,Tee and Boo Boo and me, moonlight mcboo.
Susan (aka Sally B) also informed me her group didn't win either.

i am up for revenge if anyone is interested at 7pm eastern tonight, 1/19.

going with 5 was a mistake I think. although our blue bear gave it his all, and tee and i tried, we aren't great stunners. i think if you are going with 5 you need to have really good stunners...i know i stink at it. i am ok with 3 but beyond that forget it.

i lost count of all the unites we used, although personally i used an 80 and a max (poor martha was at 1 when i threw the 80-she had just missed out on tee's unite). i know everyone threw unites but it was hopeless.

i plan on reading up on the cj fight hints again, but if you great stunners out there could give advise, i'd love to hear it.

ps: i know we normally offer revenge directly after the cj, but my wrist (and at least the captain's) were killing us. we were in the stun/scale round for almost an hour i think-if not a full hour-it sure felt like it

Mountain Man

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 25, 2006
Hillbilly Heaven
We're definitely up for a revenge run tonight. :) I think with a full load this time we'll give him a lesson in vigilante justice he'll never forget.

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

I had a taste of revenge last night. After the CJ we took a short break and ran the CFO again cause I got my key finally. Then we went back to the cj so I could practice my stunning. I am more then happy to come tonite if I can get a DA in sometime today. I am getting pretty good at stunning up to 6 at a time. Any more then that is still up in the air.

Let me know if you still have space for me.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I think four of the group I was with last night went back for the revenge after that second CFO. Tee whispered to me that her group didnt make it and was able to come with us. My son Michael did his first CJ using Sally and I went in with Precious. In our run, we had one lose connection almost immediately in the evidence round which left us with 5 also. We were all in single digits and were trying to keep each other alive and it was just hopeless. I really dont understand what happened because there were not a lot of gavels and they were moving slow and it isnt like any of us were new to the CJ. We only got 5 jurors seated (I think) but still we should have been fine!!! We all kept talking about running and finally gave up the ship, once we could convince Joe!!!! The one I am really concerned about was Rosie T who was with us. No one was friends with her so we don't know if she was able to make it out before going sad. We also couldnt invite her to the revenge run. I know everyone else was able to get out. Lisa and Rosie T still need a revenge run I think. I would love to help too but will be trying to finish a mural I am painting tonight.

One other thing I noticed, even in the revenge run was that it was next to impossible to get all the cogs stunned. I think we had one bonus in both runs. I think that was part of it. Joe was stunning, which is awesome, and Pinky is good too, and there was even a third back there at times. They should have been stunned!!! I think there may have been a problem with the program or something!!!

On a different note, a very distressing note, Pinky was involved in a 4 or 5 man CFO with Trish last night. She loved it!!! Now she is like, we can do it when there is only 4 or 5!!!! Trish, you created a monster!!! Once in a while is fine, but I prefer a nice easy stress-free run, especially after losing in CJ!!! LOL

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 31, 2003
Chocobo Racing Circuit
toontown.stratics.com
I wish I could help tonight, but I can't see me having time to make it on. So good luck, revengers!

On a different note, a very distressing note, Pinky was involved in a 4 or 5 man CFO with Trish last night. She loved it!!! Now she is like, we can do it when there is only 4 or 5!!!! Trish, you created a monster!!! Once in a while is fine, but I prefer a nice easy stress-free run, especially after losing in CJ!!! LOL
And what's sad is it was a terrible crane round! I've done plenty of 4 mans and they usually go faster and smoother than a full run, but this one? No, we had goons swarming everywhere. I'm not sure how close anyone was to going sad, I got in the 60s which is very unusual for me. But it was exciting stuff, and like I said in there.. I'd rather have it that way than "same ole same ole no problem winning". The worst part is all we got for that was 200 beans. LOL

S

susan4633

well so far we have:
the Mountainbearys
Joe-Ugly Wrinkleflip
me-moonlight mcboo

still need advice about stunning though. i read the guide, but how the heck do you stun so many Joe (Trish, Chanty, Tony, and Wolfie and all you superstunners)?

i have to keep waiting for my bar to adjust before i throw the evidence when i am stunning, so by the time i am on my 3rd cog the 1st is about ready to be unstunned...a 4th and the 1st is definitely unstunned.

S

Squeaker

Sorry ya'll had bad cj's. I brought Squeaker on for the late night revenge last night and had a ball. I'm not the greatest stunner but I will try to dig up my two favorites for revenge, since Trish has already declined.

We already ran a da this morning so the kitten is ready for another run and won't bring anymore gavels with her. :)
Maybe we can get a couple of runs together... just a thought.

S

susan4633

glad to have you kathy. re the stunning...i've seen toons run the line and hit them all... is that something we can be taught to do or is it a no-no?

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 31, 2003
Chocobo Racing Circuit
toontown.stratics.com
I have a delete macro on my G15 keyboard. Wolfie has a delete macro on his logitech controller he uses. Youngun has a delete macro on one of her mouse buttons. That makes it so when we hit "delete", it is on and off instantly, no matter how quickly we press and release. And THAT makes it so the bar is nonexistant (or very small).

R

ROSIE T

You guys are too sweet! Yes Rosie got out before going sad, I saw "Run" about 4 times and so I did just that! It was a good thing during the VP I was told to run and asked "how" and they took the time to explain it to me? Usually I've been standing alone waiting to die because I was clueless on how to run!!!
I had a blast last night, it was my first time coming out to this event and everyone was so nice to me. I was in awe when I saw everyone that showed up, I never realized what a network you having going here.
In all three of the runs I was teamed up with awesome groups, everyone was so helpful and friendly.
I will back next week and I even have beans to throw from last night!
A big thanks to everyone, especially Soupandcrackers, that extended a warm welcome to Rosie and led me through the process.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

And what's sad is it was a terrible crane round! I've done plenty of 4 mans and they usually go faster and smoother than a full run, but this one? No, we had goons swarming everywhere. I'm not sure how close anyone was to going sad, I got in the 60s which is very unusual for me. But it was exciting stuff, and like I said in there.. I'd rather have it that way than "same ole same ole no problem winning". The worst part is all we got for that was 200 beans. LOL
LOL I have been on a total of 3 four man CFOs. One I went sad, one turned into a 3 man due to Deb disconnecting and was a fight to the death but we won, and one with Deb and her friend that was the easiest and fastest CFO I have ever done!! RL provides enough stress for my taste so I prefer the easy runs, you know the ones where you can chat the whole time, never look at the cog levels and it doesnt matter!!!

My desktop keyboard has the macro set for the rapid delete also which really helps. Problem is I ALWAYS play on my laptop. I found the built in mouse pad on the laptop works as a rapid delete key where as the regular delete key works with the blue bar. It is no where as good as the macro on my keyboard but you do fire a lot faster with it. I need to practice stunning too. I can do 3 or 4 with the laptop. I could do maybe 5 with the macro but if I am lagging at all it is hard and I always prefer to scale. I would love any hints anyone has too. Deb is another awesome stunner.

My son Michael will be home tonight and he can get on Sally to help you with the revenge if you need him. He really doesnt want to because Sally doesnt own pants and is pink!!! BUT he wants to CJ again!! I will try to have him check in to see if you need him. He did great last night. If he comes, just feel free to tell him what to do!!

Rosie (Margo, I think?) I am so glad you got out. I was just hoping you saw it!! It was awesome to have you with us, just wish it had turned out a little better!!! It was fun anyway!

S

Sarcatstic

I don't have the macro on my keyboard but without it i just tap key and start turning i dont look at the bar. Cog size can make a diff for me but three are easy any size. Doing three you dont have to wait long they will become undizzy (unlike kathy ;-)~ ) about the time you need to throw.

(Send me the macro and cheese please)

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 12, 2003
Pennsylvania
Yeah that stank your elevator only got five. Then our last group ended up with eight, go figure! Let me know if you need another person, I got other stuff, but post here and I'll come on if needed. I'm unable to stun anymore with this new computer. If I hit the function key and run, it will stick on running. So I run right into the cogs. Same with VP. So if you ever see me running out of control, that's why..haha I may try running it in Windows mode to see if you can just hit the delete key. Might solve that issue.

Oh and that CFO with Pinky was fun! We were running around like made animals, different for a change. All that treasure I came out with full laff!

S

susan4633

I have a delete macro on my G15 keyboard. Wolfie has a delete macro on his logitech controller he uses. Youngun has a delete macro on one of her mouse buttons. That makes it so when we hit "delete", it is on and off instantly, no matter how quickly we press and release. And THAT makes it so the bar is nonexistant (or very small).
ok this is a good thing. i have a g11 logitech keyboard. haven't really experimented with it do u set up the key while you are in cj so that it works correctly?

ps tee is on for revenge run

S

Squeaker

A bit confused... yes... not usually dizzy.. lol I also stun with a normal keyboard and I can tap quickly enough to always hit. That's if I aimed right (still working on that). I turn and pivot - running to the cogs is really a bad idea for me.

The last group did have an awesome crew. We had two stunners - multiple bonuses and a couple of toons new to cj that kept us all amused! At the end I was laughing so hard I ran into a gavel or two. Anyway... tonight at 7....

K

Kippy

(Trish, Chanty, Tony, and Wolfie and all you superstunners)?
ROFL!!

Let me know if u need my duo to stun, we would be happy to stun for you. Will bring a smaller toon to make it easier on everyone LOL

Love ya!
Chanty :)

S

susan4633

thanks to everyone who helped Bluebeary, Mountainbeary and I get our revenge on the CJ. it was fast and fun.
i'll try and take the advice given to me for stunning because like the crane, even if you don't NEED to use it, the skill is helpful for those occasions when
there is no choice BUT to do it.
susan

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 30, 2008
Missouri
one night i did a Cfo i made it out with 8 laff paints that was close. That was with another group outside of this forum.