• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

City treasuries..

IcePrinsess

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Awards
If the cities' treasuries aren't being used to pay for town buff, what is the gold being used for in their treasury?

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Governor's retirement homes? Holidays on warm, lush tropical paradise islands? Expensive, souped up chariots? Star sapphire necklaces?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can't use it for anything other than the buff. It's stuck in the stone and there is NOTHING the Governor can do with it but the Trade Deal.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I was actually hoping to be able to do things like buy carpet for the Abbey, put some nice benches or something out .... Maybe plant a few flowers... Build a bridge to the Yew far farm.... Practical city improvement things...

Maybe pay for a second Trade Deal...

Get the Moongate moved closer to town...

Buy some guards.

Pay for an event...

Buy up some special supplies to get some special recipes or something for any crafters that are Citizens of Yew...

IcePrinsess

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Can't use it for anything other than the buff. It's stuck in the stone and there is NOTHING the Governor can do with it but the Trade Deal.
I guess I was asking because last night I was reminding people to do their Trader's quests and someone pointed out that the gold isn't being weekly from the treasury anymore. After that was pointed out, I noticed that the amount really wasn't moving down... Did they stop removing the 2m each week?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the buff is active it still cost 2 mil a week. It's also no fun if your the only trying to fill a cities Treasury.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The 2m/week is definitely still being deducted on GL. People are just running enough trade missions that they easily offset and generally exceed the drain. This is exactly what was needed to support the cities. @Kyronix did well ;)

Now, if he'd only cave and allow citizens to choose their OWN buff instead of perpetuating a system that sees citizens hop from town to town without any actual loyalty (RP or otherwise)...

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm quite happy about that tbh. Last thing I want is investing time in trade quests to support the trade deal I like and then hear some random guy telling me "trade deal is off this week because I spent all your money for RP purposes".

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At the recent Catskills Meet & Greet I brought this up. I was told they simple did not have enough designs submitted to their library they are tying to make. YOU need to get with your King in the Governor Meetings and ask what you can get done in your town. I try to visit different shards and see what has been created. I was told to work with the King and submit my designs to the Dev's to add to their library. It was also stated the none of the deco could/would be permanent.

Here is what is in Vesper on Cats. I am working on more.

zip1.JPG

zip2.JPG

zvesperlighthouse1.JPG

Alira Drakrul

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I would love to see them add more things decorative to the town... but beyond that I'd just like them to remove items or missing tiles. Moonglow on Catskills has a wooden steed still stuck in the table at the bank last I saw.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They need to clean up the garbage all over the lands..... and add some nice area's for folk to gather... What is wrong with that.

Build stuff we can use for things and just put it in the game... we'll find uses for it. Quit with the excuses.

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the buff is active it still cost 2 mil a week. It's also no fun if your the only trying to fill a cities Treasury.
True, but it was the only interesting thing this government job brought with it what you "had to" do:
Get players to committ to your cause (city) for the buff...now it is a freebe.....sucks major!
I complained about it on multiple occasions but no reaction yet. :(

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 2m/week is definitely still being deducted on GL. People are just running enough trade missions that they easily offset and generally exceed the drain. This is exactly what was needed to support the cities. @Kyronix did well ;)
So @Kyronix fixed your shard?
If so, could we get this on Siege too please?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Wolfman It's a low population shard. Legends still has a Governor seat open. There's even been a case of only three Governors showing up for the Council meeting.

Governor meetings can get a little boaring to.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Wolfman It's a low population shard. Legends still has a Governor seat open. There's even been a case of only three Governors showing up for the Council meeting.

Governor meetings can get a little boaring to.
they did away with the meetings on Siege