• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

City of Yew - Report to the Citizens

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Greetings everyone!

I want to thank everyone who participated and voted in the elections this round! Your voice does matter, and I was surprised by the last minute turnout - thank you all! I hope to live up to the expectations set upon me, and to start... I offer this report.

• I have enacted a Trade Deal with the Warriors' Guild. By utilizing the trade deal, citizens of Yew will receive a better chance of hitting their foes in battle! (+5% HCI) I will keep this trade deal activated unless a request is put on the City Board (hanging on the side of Empath Abbey).
  • I set up a poll asking if citizens wanted the incomplete walls around Yew removed. The resounding answer was to keep them - so the wall around our commerce center will stay put. However, I will ask the King if they could perhaps be completed. (Half finished walls are useless walls.) I will report on this as I can.
  • A new poll is now up, asking the citizens of Yew if they desire a Port for our city. Below is a rendering of our City and Territory, showing the 2 areas I believe a Port would best serve the entire city. I ask that citizens vote yea or nae in the poll, and let me know here which location they prefer. Pros & cons for each location are also listed. discussion can take part in this thread - but I'd like to have something to give to the King on this matter by the meeting time.
The first Governors' meeting with the King is coming up soon (Friday - 7pm PDT)! Citizens of Yew, I will make sure your voice is heard!

Site 1
Pros
  • Easy access to open ocean for large vessels
  • Open egress for naval activity
  • Room to build warehouses and shops by clearing smaller trees
  • Smaller bay allows for 3 docks total, and a lighthouse for guiding in vessels
Cons
  • No barrier for protection (easy access for invasion)
  • Relatively close to prison (escapees!)
Site 2
Pros
  • Easy access to Commerce Center of Yew (walled area)
  • Geographical "center" of populated area
  • Place several smaller docks
  • Easy to defend
  • Placement of a lighthouse at opening of bay area for vessel guidance
Cons
  • Narrow channels are tricky for navigation of larger vessels, forcing them to anchor outside of the bay in unprotected area or risk causing jams within the bay
  • No room for much expansion with warehouses and shops
  • Will limit egress in and out of bay if it gets crowded - forcing the use of row boats
  • Bay can be completely blocked by only a few ships (siege) which will cripple naval activity for the city

Last edited: