• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

City loyalty changes

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I have recently been learning about the new city loyalty system since I think it would be fun to run for a governor position on siege.

That been said it seems like there could be some fun features added in. As a thief, if elected to office I would have to stay on the straight and narrow in my town to maintain a high level of loyalty ( or at least it would make sense in a rp kinda way).

What could be fun to see added would be if you had negative loyalty in a city, your bad actions would be penalized by the guards and vendors in that town.

Example would be if I spend all my time thieving in a town to lower my loyalty rating, vendor may not sell to me or guards won't answer my calls. In an extremely negative town guards might even attack (not insta whack me).

Thoughts?...la

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I have recently been learning about the new city loyalty system since I think it would be fun to run for a governor position on siege.

That been said it seems like there could be some fun features added in. As a thief, if elected to office I would have to stay on the straight and narrow in my town to maintain a high level of loyalty ( or at least it would make sense in a rp kinda way).

What could be fun to see added would be if you had negative loyalty in a city, your bad actions would be penalized by the guards and vendors in that town.

Example would be if I spend all my time thieving in a town to lower my loyalty rating, vendor may not sell to me or guards won't answer my calls. In an extremely negative town guards might even attack (not insta whack me).

Thoughts?...la

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty sure that only a few systems effect city loyalty one way or another mainly the rioters/protester/trash clean up set which no longer exists, town donation, and trade quests. So I think the only way to get negative town loyalty is Slim the fence. I could be wrong, but I think that's it.

Right now its mainly an RP tool, but they seem to try to tie it into stuff. So who knows maybe in 5 years or so it will be a full fledged system. :p

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It would be a great thing to also see the town take on the Karma of the Governor, so if the Governor were a red, the town guards would harass innocents, take their goods, etc. the Merchants would rip them off, you could really have some fun with it.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be kind of fun to have negative affects for negative acts done in towns. So for each snoop or steal a thieves rating would drop. If it got low enough, a thief would get marked as perma grey and players would be free to attack a visible thief. If it got to the lowest level of loyalty, guards would attack on sight.

Again, not a perma kill type of situation but one where the guards would attack or their vision would expand to a larger area so it would be a lot tougher to work that town.

Now I certainly think the system would be able to revert bad loyalty ratings over time without having to perform good acts...just as long as bad acts aren't done in the town, the loyalty rating would increase but never go above neutral.

Who knows, it could lead to the elimination of a lot of the ole nekked bank thief problems from the past (if they even exist anymore with all of our nerfing over the years)...la

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be kind of fun to have negative affects for negative acts done in towns. So for each snoop or steal a thieves rating would drop. If it got low enough, a thief would get marked as perma grey and players would be free to attack a visible thief. If it got to the lowest level of loyalty, guards would attack on sight.

Again, not a perma kill type of situation but one where the guards would attack or their vision would expand to a larger area so it would be a lot tougher to work that town.

Now I certainly think the system would be able to revert bad loyalty ratings over time without having to perform good acts...just as long as bad acts aren't done in the town, the loyalty rating would increase but never go above neutral.

Who knows, it could lead to the elimination of a lot of the ole nekked bank thief problems from the past (if they even exist anymore with all of our nerfing over the years)...la
A sort of regional rep system basically. That would be cool.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A sort of regional rep system basically. That would be cool.
Exactly. Most thieves I've ever spoken with are happy with changes like this, it's the changes that remove items from our list of stealing targets that upsets us the most. If our actions have negative affect outside of Scoundrel level notarity, I'm not sure many would be against it.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If your city loyalty goes into the negative while you're a governor, you lose the office.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your city loyalty goes into the negative while you're a governor, you lose the office.
That's good to know, however I would imagine most players willing to run for Gov do not want the position so they can ruin the city. I do plan to run for Governor on Siege, and I personally if elected, would not steal in my city. Maybe its just me, but I think there are plenty of other locations to cause problems...la

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
On the topic of city loyalty changes -

Why is it necessary that you have to wait a full 7 days to change loyalty from one city to another? I'd think 48 to 72 hours would be suffice. I'm curious what the thoughts of others are about this.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
On the topic of city loyalty changes -

Why is it necessary that you have to wait a full 7 days to change loyalty from one city to another? I'd think 48 to 72 hours would be suffice. I'm curious what the thoughts of others are about this.
It was to prevent people from getting their friends from other cities to quit their original city to vote in a new city I think, since the voting part of the elections are about 7 days if I remember right. That was back when it was one vote per character though...now that it's one per shard it doesn't really do much.