• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Christmas contest

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Whats up with the Christmas contest. Kayhynn is she ok?
I want to know if it is ok to post our pictures from the contest. I won't post them til I get the ok from her.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I got devoured by RL. I'm okay (I think...i think i have all my extremities left, just none of my sanity).

Feel free to post them. I haven't had a chance to edit them yet to post on my site yet.

3 weeks of 75 hour work weeks during January killed me. I'm finally digging out.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yesterday was my first night in UO for a few hours at a time that wasn't doing holiday trades.

I also play WoW, but during those three weeks, I wasn't able to play any video game. Talk about burn out. At least things have gotten better with work. Part of the problem was we had a huge turn over + folks on vacation, which meant more work for all of us till we got new folks hired.

Blah!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you work for a company that is actually hiring people, Kayhynn... that's a very good thing! :)

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Devils: Yes and no.

Yes, it's good they're hiring and no, it's not.

We have a very high turn over rate. We're corporate journalists. We gather news, write articles, design and publish newsletters for major corporations, including but not limited to BNSF, Union Pacific, Amtrak and Kelloggs. We do around 180 different publications, totally to about oh.....*thinks* 80-100 publications per month, depending on frequency of newsletters and other stuff.

Unfortunately, it seems most recent college grads we've hired, can't handle real world job and salary that requires you to travel 2 weeks or more out of the month and meet deadlines.

We had around 5 or 6 people start in October/November who left the company in January because they couldn't handle the job.

We have a general saying....people will last either a few months to a year, or they will last several years. The current year cut off point seems to be 5. If you're there more than 5 years, you're gonna be there a while. My fifth year starts in June.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glad to see your ok and it was work keeping you away. Well last week I had reformat my pc because of a corrupted windows file. I did try and repair it first with the windows cd, and everything on my pc was gone so i said !@#@@@# this and reformatted the whole thing. and not even sure I still have the pics to post.