• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chivalry on Cu Sidhe is bad idea

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once you put chivalry on pet it start to cure poison using chivalry spell. So pet can't raise healing above 80 anymore.
In case you think to train healing before putting chivalry - keep in mind you lose 0.1 healing on every pet res and can't train it back.
In case you think to use discorded pet training to train healing - only this skill does not affected by disco.

Think few more times before you put any magical ability wit poison curing on your cu sidhe.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I added it to mine and it is at 93 healing up from 90 since I added chivalry to it.
I am training it against diseased blood elementals, eternal gazers and unbound EVs. I also increased his healing cap to 120, so his gain margin might be wider now.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Once you put chivalry on pet it start to cure poison using chivalry spell. So pet can't raise healing above 80 anymore.
In case you think to train healing before putting chivalry - keep in mind you lose 0.1 healing on every pet res and can't train it back.
In case you think to use discorded pet training to train healing - only this skill does not affected by disco.

Think few more times before you put any magical ability wit poison curing on your cu sidhe.
discordance does work on Cu's, you just cant see it on the healing.
this was addressed years ago by the Dev's back when they use to actually answer questions.

Turbo

Adventurer
My cu is up at about 96 raised from 90 since putting chiv on. Fighting navrey works. Sure it does cure sometimes with chiv but it still gains ok

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am working on it.
Mine has 98 now. Unbound EVs and Diseased Blood Elementals (he rips through those like they were made of paper) work pretty good for that.
I bet Navrey and Dreadhorn will also give great gains.

omukai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I wonder if EoO, which is a spell where you need judgement, is really effective for AI. If the pet toggles it on/off all the time, all it does is wasting mana. If it turns it on when a variety of different mobs beat on it, it's suicide.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wonder if EoO, which is a spell where you need judgement, is really effective for AI. If the pet toggles it on/off all the time, all it does is wasting mana. If it turns it on when a variety of different mobs beat on it, it's suicide.
Wondered that myself... if you can't control when he's casting it or anything it ought to not cast it if it's active.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, 5 days of healing training without chiv - disco does help in getting gains, so only display not affected.
112.7 healing. :pancakes:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Anyone with experience with Chiv on a pet? How do they handle it?
My Rune beetle with 30 MR (49 with peace songs), 500 int and 1300 mana just love Chiv.
She can fight for over an hour before her mana drops below 900. I should have given her more HP instead. :p
And chiv adds a lot of DPS for your pet.

kazeandi

Adventurer
Didn't Chiv remove Magery? If so, I guess it was a good tradeoff?
I now added Chiv and a 120er scroll to my other Cu, but need to get her skill up to check if it works properly for me. In a scenario with one enemy or only one species, EoO shouldn't be a problem either, but what about dungeons where you encounter all sorts of foes?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Didn't Chiv remove Magery? If so, I guess it was a good tradeoff?
I now added Chiv and a 120er scroll to my other Cu, but need to get her skill up to check if it works properly for me. In a scenario with one enemy or only one species, EoO shouldn't be a problem either, but what about dungeons where you encounter all sorts of foes?
It replaced his magery and removed her poisoning.
But it was well worth it for what I had in mind. With her siding my macer at Dreadhorn, the stupid Swiftwind wannabe who deserves all the death, the fight was ridiculous fast.
The stupid unicorn dropped in less than 3 minutes.
EoO is not a problem when you are fighting only big, nasty stuff.