Chivalry and PvP

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 14, 2008
How do success chances increase with skill in Chivalry? It occurs to me I might be running with more Chiv in my PvP dexer template than I really need (currently 70).

In PvP, there is little need for anything with a casting skill of 25 (Divine Fury). Everything else relevant to PvP is 0-15 minimum skill. I use bandies to res. Only Cleanse by Fire suffers from lower Chiv and I'm happy to run with GCures.

At what skill level will DF cast with 100% success?

No Holy Lighters need reply..;p

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
THE GREAT STATE OF WISCONSIN
TBH if you're going to have a free hand to chug, might as well scrap divine fury as well because it takes -25% DCI (25 or 20, can't remember). Just use TR pots.

I go with 50 chiv on my dexers and get as high fc as I can. An emergency close wounds after chuggin a cure pot saves me many times.

That's all I use chiv for, aside from sacred journey. I guess the occasional consecrate weapon to check if your opponent has a low resist isn't a bad idea either.

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 14, 2008
For melee dexer, DF is a very 2 edged sword...I'd prob go the TR route since I really prefer to be 1 handed in melee, despite the slight extra parry bonus from bush with a 2H weapon. That's a painful admission since I am a huge fan of the (imho) undervalued 2H spear which is a great PvP weapon...fast, decent base damage and Armour Ignore and Para Blow as specials. Not as good in 1v1 but in groups..this one rocks.

For archer, its a harder choice in some ways and may well come down to your MR and mana pool. Archer specials are expensive and blowing mana on DR might lose you that extra special you *needed*. However, archers can also run off the DC penalty to some extent by staying mobile. If - as I don't yet - you have a PvP worthy Balanced bow, TR again prob comes out on top - just - as there is a SSI bonus to DI as I recall.

On a side note, I am intrigued by the possibility of using an Invasion HXbow with 50-55 SSI in combination with an Assassin Armour suit..which should give another 20%. *coughs*..the numbers suggest that HXbow with 70% SSI could pump out a bolt at swing cap (1.5 secs?) ...that's .50 cal GPMG bowman..;p Maybe there's a cap on SSI I missed...sounds too good to be true that's for sure..lol

Sadly, Assassin armour seems to be one of the rarer armour drops and there is very little for sale - ever..;(

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 9, 2008
Well considering that Enemy of One costs 45 and its 100% at around 75, Divine Fury is 100% around 55. There's absolutely no need to take it beyond 60 for a PvP character that uses chivalry.

Those are my best estimates since I don't have the sheet any more that told the success chance rates.

S

Sephy

Well considering that Enemy of One costs 45 and its 100% at around 75, Divine Fury is 100% around 55. There's absolutely no need to take it beyond 60 for a PvP character that uses chivalry.

Those are my best estimates since I don't have the sheet any more that told the success chance rates.

Im 60 chiv and I fail divine so I think its higher than 55 tbh. all I know is 105 is needed for 100% holy light ^^

C

Chaosy

Im 60 chiv and I fail divine so I think its higher than 55 tbh. all I know is 105 is needed for 100% holy light ^^
100% Divine Fury requires 75 skill.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 9, 2008
100% Divine Fury requires 75 skill.
Okay good call. I used to have a sheet with the chivalry information but can't find it and haven't found a table online. Do you have a table or link for the success rate of the other ones?

G

Gama_Isisson

Okay good call. I used to have a sheet with the chivalry information but can't find it and haven't found a table online. Do you have a table or link for the success rate of the other ones?
Don't really need a table. 100% success rate for chiv, is the minimum skill to cast + 50.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 9, 2008
Don't really need a table. 100% success rate for chiv, is the minimum skill to cast + 50.
I don't agree respectively. When you are constructing templates for certain reasons, then you are trying to cram as many points as you can into a template. That means limiting certain values in other areas. i.e. Not everyone is going to have 105 necro or 106.7 magery.

Chivalry you only need 60 in PvP...even less for most situations. Additionally it all depends on your template setup. 100% success rate doesn't equal casting all the chivalry spells at above "just" 50.

Holy light being a good example, especially since after some time you can't cast it over and over in order to hit 120. Just have to use the GGS in order to hit 120 or use the infamous Twisted Weald trick.

Tables are pretty effective since if I only want to use "x" from say a certain spellbook, then I will know I only need "y" in order to do that.

The tables I have for magery and necro tell all the success rates from 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%.

People like to chalk it up as "certain" values, but when you can construct templates with every single SKILL you need in them...then that's the real deal. All 120's and such isn't all it's cracked up to be in most cases and depending on what profession you are discussing.

G

GFY

The only thing in pvp that you would need 81+ chiv for is noble sacrifice. I like being able to rez my whole party with one spell cast.

Also if you have high compassion virtue you can rez the whole party with most of their hit points!

C

Chaosy

The only thing in pvp that you would need 81+ chiv for is noble sacrifice. I like being able to rez my whole party with one spell cast.

Also if you have high compassion virtue you can rez the whole party with most of their hit points!
Too bad it doesn't work for reds.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 9, 2008

Well like I said, it's all in a matter of opinion and template setup. Using +chivalry skill your template can really vary greatly in terms of your real skill and then your skill with jewelry. Not to mention, what you want to use chivalry for.

Some like you like it for resurrecting a bunch of folks...which yes it's good with capped compassion skill. Some like using holy light and making that a part of your template.

The whole idea really is that...lol, you have some idea in mind in the first place when constructing your template.

With me, some of my best jewelry have +chivalry skill on them. Taking that into consideration I look at other skills I want higher and then adjust chivalry accordingly.

G

Gama_Isisson

I don't agree respectively. When you are constructing templates for certain reasons, then you are trying to cram as many points as you can into a template. That means limiting certain values in other areas. i.e. Not everyone is going to have 105 necro or 106.7 magery.

Chivalry you only need 60 in PvP...even less for most situations. Additionally it all depends on your template setup. 100% success rate doesn't equal casting all the chivalry spells at above "just" 50.

Holy light being a good example, especially since after some time you can't cast it over and over in order to hit 120. Just have to use the GGS in order to hit 120 or use the infamous Twisted Weald trick.

Tables are pretty effective since if I only want to use "x" from say a certain spellbook, then I will know I only need "y" in order to do that.

The tables I have for magery and necro tell all the success rates from 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%.

People like to chalk it up as "certain" values, but when you can construct templates with every single SKILL you need in them...then that's the real deal. All 120's and such isn't all it's cracked up to be in most cases and depending on what profession you are discussing.
Whatever are you rambling on about ? All I told you was how to calculate the required skill level to successfully cast any chiv spell 100%. Nothing to do with cramped templates. Why complicate things with 'tables' and spreadsheets when you can just look up the spells you wish to cast in your chiv spellbook, and add 50 to the minimum to cast ? Maybe I should have put it in the form of a formular, or in a spreadsheet for you ?

for chiv: skill required for 100% success = minimum skill to cast + 50

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 9, 2008
for chiv: skill required for 100% success = minimum skill to cast + 50
Actually it is much less chivalry you need to cast 100% on noble sacrifice then to have it at 115 in order to do 100% of the time. My point was with having objective and correct accuracy with the statement. I mean if it was that easy, then everyone would do that and not ask what value do I need in order to cast "x" 100% successfully.

After all, that was the main topic of this post to begin with. Enemy of one is another good example...you don't need 95 in order to cast it 100% of the time.

The magery and necro tables after all lead to ZERO speculation on what you really need to have if you only wish to cast level 7 circle spells or if you only want to achieve vampiric embrace.

A nice example being the INT requirement and the applicable spell circle. There is no such easy thing as just tacking +50 on.

C

Chaosy

Actually it is much less chivalry you need to cast 100% on noble sacrifice then to have it at 115 in order to do 100% of the time. My point was with having objective and correct accuracy with the statement. I mean if it was that easy, then everyone would do that and not ask what value do I need in order to cast "x" 100% successfully.

After all, that was the main topic of this post to begin with. Enemy of one is another good example...you don't need 95 in order to cast it 100% of the time.

The magery and necro tables after all lead to ZERO speculation on what you really need to have if you only wish to cast level 7 circle spells or if you only want to achieve vampiric embrace.

A nice example being the INT requirement and the applicable spell circle. There is no such easy thing as just tacking +50 on.
According to the FAQ, 100% chance is minimum skill + 50 skill (this is what I've experienced as well).

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 9, 2008
According to the FAQ, 100% chance is minimum skill + 50 skill (this is what I've experienced as well).
Well it just seems to be outdated then. I have always had 100% success rate on Enemy of One with less than 95 chivalry. Since you need 45 in order to cast EoO.

Eh, especially since those pieces of information are dated 2003. Completely outdated information. Even the tables I keep for magery and necro, aside from any tables on uo stratics, are more RECENT than that FAQ.

I am not saying you are wrong if that's what you have experienced, but I cannot remember a time where I didn't successfully cast Enemy of One at 100% and HAD to have greater than or equal to 95 chivalry in order to do so. Same thing with noble sacrifice.

The tables are going on 6 years of longetivity, and my feeling is they are outdated.

D

Divster

Don't forget that even if only 1 eoo out of 1000 fails then that means its not 100% I saw one fail on my pally with 85 the other day and i only cast 3 of them. i have found that the above rule (min chance +50) is a good rule of thumb to go by for most of the abilities in chiv.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 9, 2008
Don't forget that even if only 1 eoo out of 1000 fails then that means its not 100% I saw one fail on my pally with 85 the other day and i only cast 3 of them. i have found that the above rule (min chance +50) is a good rule of thumb to go by for most of the abilities in chiv.
Very interesting. I guess just having a tad higher than you with jewels on one of my toons then I am soon bound for bad luck. :D