• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chatting on the new client

I

IdoBods

as the title implies...
what i HATE (and cant figure out how to get around) is that once i select where i want to chat in (ie left click and selecting guild chat) the only way i have found to change my chat to /say or /party is to go and left click and select where i want. HIGHLY annoying! (this is supposedly legacy mode?) in 2D all i had to do to chat was put in the appropriate /|\ then just chat.

so i go and change my options to non legacy mode and now i have to hit enter and THEN i can chat kinda like the old legacy buy putting in the /\| as appropriate.

so my question is -
i dont like having to remember to type enter first but hate having to move my cursor over and left click to select where i want to chat at in the first example.. i have died because of that...

sorry for the long rambling, but a bit frustrated and not sure if it can be fixed or am i totally missing an easy thing?

K

Kiminality

I'm pretty sure the "MMO standard" things work:
/s - say
/p - party
/g - guild
/a - alliance
/e - emote
/w - whisper
/y - yell

I

IdoBods

not in the so called legacy thing. once you have done that ie /g the only way you can change to another chat option is going over and clicking on it. at least that is my problem.
otherwise im stuck with having to hit enter everytime by doing the non legacy method.

K

Kiminality

If you're talking, then, and then say "/g hello" does it "say" that aloud?

zared of napa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
/s - say
/p - party
/g - guild
/a - alliance
/e - emote
/w - whisper
/y - yell
hit space bar changes to the chat mode you type in.
regardless its a pain in the booty!!!

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another command which I discovered is /gm which is used when a GM speaks to you, Whenever that is!