• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chatroom?

S

Sweeney

Is there a chatroom in the new client? Someone from 2d sent me a msg in-game. At first it freaked me out, but when I found out what it was, I realized I didn't see that feature in the new client.

Even if the chat is not there, is there a way to respond to messages?

O

Old Man of UO

Is there a chatroom in the new client? Someone from 2d sent me a msg in-game. At first it freaked me out, but when I found out what it was, I realized I didn't see that feature in the new client.

Even if the chat is not there, is there a way to respond to messages?
You can do this from KR, but not sure you can in the new client. I can't remember how you respond to a message like that. First time I saw that, I too wondered who it was and how they knew I just logged in!

S

Sweeney

Stratics needs a list of these commands (Or maybe the playguide will.. but based on the 2d playguide a lot of commands aren't posted on uo.com)

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And to initiate is?
I was hoping nobody would notice that I didn't have an answer for that - I've never started a conversation, only responded.

/a alliance
/e emote
/g guild
/p party
/r reply (responds back to the person who last messaged you)
/s say (return to normal speech)
/t tell (not sure how to specify who)
/w whisper (not sure how to specify who)
/y yell

Follow the command with a space and then your message - everything except /r changes the default mode of your speech - so once you are talking to your guild you will remain only talking to your guild until you use /s (and a space) to switch back.

(although I found this by trial and error, there are a list of hints if you left-click on the swirly at the bottom of the chat window)

Unfortunately I haven't guessed the syntax to specify a specific person with the tell and whisper.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Shrug*

If it is the /tell I will play around with it tonight and see what I can come up with ..... if anything.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps /tell name12345 or whatever the person's code # is? Otherwise if you sent /tell Bob , UO wouldn't know which Bob. Unfortunately, SA (enhanced) doesn't give us what the codes are.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried all combos of /tell but not working
Someone in 2D can type in "chat" and I see it in purple on SA, and I can hit /r to reply. I see their code# and name! They don't see what i'm typing. I can't get to "chat" in SA.
/tell <code>name message
That should be the way to do it, but not working. Just says
[Hildebrand]: (To "") <code>name message
No such player ".

Have we every gotten a response from the Devs about how to send tells to others? Is it even finished?

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oops, if I hit /r , then they DO see me chatting
/t also acts as /tell and just as broken.
I miss the "friends" list that KR had. I liked adding people to it.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah it seems to be reporting an empty parameter in terms of the To. I tried a lot of common parm notations and couldn't get anything to wiggle.

Such that it seemed to take everything after the /tell as the message itself.

I didn't try chat in the 2D I will give it a try.

F

Fink

Whisper speaks normally (not through a channel) but is only heard by other players within a one-tile radius. NPCs & followers, however, can hear whisper anywhere.. which allows you to dress up pet commands, buy/sell/bank etc..

A pet macro with whisper:

say > "Come hither, my pet" (players only see this)
whisper > "all follow me" (what the pet responds to)

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's a nice way of using it Fink. I like that.
But last I tried whisper, it was acting like a /tell.