• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Chat color selection

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1)I strongly suggest that the chat color selection menu be put in the setting menu. Do you know how frustrating it is to try to explain to people to "click on the little orange round ball thing with a black hole, next to the "say" box". And then have them figure how to right click... not left click... oh you walked.. that means the orange ball didn't light up.
I have no problems myself, but WOW, many people have such a hard time figuring that out! Even 10 yr vets are lost when it comes to this.

Why not just put a tab within the settings menu like 2D does?

2) Colors are also non intuitive. Red, Green, Blue sliders? A bit rough on some people. They can barely see the slider buttons. We need BIG... we're not getting any younger :)

F

Fink

Was toying with this myself this evening.

I found it very difficult to achieve the same slider settings on two separate characters. Also, the colours I was seeing did not correspond to what was seen by others in the legacy client. I tried for a pale green and it came out bone. I set it to white, it came out bluish, and when I went back into the settings the sliders had moved significantly.

As primitive as the legacy palette might be, it was reliable. It was also easy to match colours to your outfit or hair colour, something that made picking your speech out of a crowd a little easier on the eye. In fact, a palette selection menu might be good. Choose from: Default (plain dye tub) palette with slider, Leather/Ore hues, or Special hues.

At the very least the basic system needs looking at. Consistency with both clients, a stroked overhead font for readability, large clickable selection rather than tiny iffy sliders (add a numeric entry field?), and settings that stick.