• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Changing guild Leadership

G

I was wondering what is needed to change the leadership of a guild. I have voted a char of mine in as leader of a guild with 1 more than the amount of emissaries in the guild and was wondering what more i would have to do to put my char in charge of it.

It is an older guild that has all but finished and I would like to take it over to make sure it stays alive.

G

Don't you need to get a majority of the players in the guild to give fealty to your player for them to take control? Not sure, we used to try and invade trammy guilds and steal their guildstone, lol. I think I have a few deeds sitting in my bank box on Atlantic, lol...la

G

Yeah i now have 15 chars voting in my main as leader and there is 14 other emissaries (was two individuals characters) but they have quit.

I was just wondering does it reset immediately or at server down or whatever?

G

Only ronins can't vote for new leader.
Guild Leader voting details and restrictions:

Guild members do not have to vote for anyone, but they are still counted towards the total number of votes in the guild. Voting for no one is effectively voting for the current Guild Leader.
Guild members cannot vote for an inactive player.
Guild members cannot vote for the current Guild Leader.
Whenever an active guild member's vote becomes illegal, their vote defaults to none.
If a guild member becomes inactive, their vote is no longer valid, nor are they counted towards the total number of votes when determining a majority.
Votes are not known to anyone but the individual guild member. The voting tally is also not known to anyone through the guild interface itself – though they can always tally it by asking the other guild members and adding it up themselves.
Guild members may change their vote any number of times.
Who you are voting for is indicated by an asterisk ( * ) after that guild member’s name. For example, if you are voting for Bob, you would see Bob’s name listed as "Bob *" in the guild roster.
When a guild member other than the current Guild Leader achieves a 2/3 majority of the votes, they will replace the current Guild Leader.
If a Guild Leader deletes their character, the guild member with the most votes becomes the new Guild Leader. In the case of a tie, a winner will be selected randomly.
If a Guild Leader is voted out of their position, they are demoted to the rank of Member.

G

The guildmaster can promote someone beyond Warlord status to become the new guild leader.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah i now have 15 chars voting in my main as leader and there is 14 other emissaries (was two individuals characters) but they have quit.

I was just wondering does it reset immediately or at server down or whatever?

[/ QUOTE ]

How many members are there?
Not only emissaries can vote, only ronins can't vote

If 29 in the guild, you need 20 votes

C

choon1010

Hehe, that wouldnt be eob right buddy? didnt know that u still log in to uo.

G

Nah not EOB, just an old guild I was in.

I have just over 2/3 now all voted for my char and I am still not leader. Kinda confused.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color="purple"> try elevating yourself, I think that's what worked... it doesn't just automatically happen </font>

G

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="purple"> try elevating yourself, I think that's what worked... it doesn't just automatically happen </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, i just tried it, am still emissary.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color="purple"> tried old leader elevating the new? I just can't remember..... </font>

G

This highlights a problem with the guild system.
Overall, the current system is vastly superior to the old, however...

If you try to run a cross-shard guild, and the leader on a shard goes AWOL, it is extremely difficult to get the leadership changed.

There should be some system for changing when the current leader has not logged on for--say, three months...

Some alternative is needed..otherwise, you are stuck with leaving it and starting a new guild.

G

Finally changed over after the second gm call

Thanks for your help and advice all.

G

Opps, I meant to say that the guildmaster can keep promoting someone all the way up to his position. When they reach Warlord status just promote them one more time, there will be a confirmation before asking if you really want to do that.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple"> yeehaaa for working GMs!! </font>

G

I agree that some sort of system should be in place for when the guildleader goes AWOL.... It would be nice if there was some sort of if your charater is "inactive" for more than X number of days/weeks/months... then if you are not the only memeber in your guild the guild leadership must be up for vote.. or somthing..... I don't know.... Hard to say... But certainly inactivity should do something...

G

If the Guild Master votes for the person then that person is the new Guild master. No need for others to vote, unless you cannot get the current GM to vote for a new one, AWOL. Then you will have to get as many votes possible to take over the guild.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I agree that some sort of system should be in place for when the guildleader goes AWOL.... It would be nice if there was some sort of if your charater is "inactive" for more than X number of days/weeks/months... then if you are not the only memeber in your guild the guild leadership must be up for vote.. or somthing..... I don't know.... Hard to say... But certainly inactivity should do something...

[/ QUOTE ]

If a system like that was in place, M^F/B-C would be alive today, instead of a ghost guild.

I

imported_Tina Small

Freja, thanks for posting this. I wasn't sure how many votes were required. You inspired me to try once again to get one of my characters voted in as guild leader in our dying guild. It finally worked and she got the message, "You have obtained the rank of Guild Leader!"

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple"> yeehaaa for working GMs!! </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

well, I get only canned messages.
Problem for me: I am the only remaining member of a guild (all others including leader and emissaries did not logon within at least a year).
I cannot add members (since I am also only at member status), and I don't want to leave the guild (instead I wanted to give it some life back).

So yes, I agree that something should be changed here and if the account of a member is not paid since 3 or more month, this member should not count in the total calculation of election results at all and even a single remaining member should be able to elect himself as new guild master.
*Salute*
Olahorand