• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Changes to Imbuing

T

TheGrayGhost

Yet through all of your example of calculating you fail to pick up on the calculation that is really important.

I have x amount of minutes to scan x amount of items, these all have x amount of properties with x amount of intensities.

I should just be able to look at item a see it has x amount of intensity and know i can enhance it with x amount of properties. Not look at it and have to try to calculate each property with there weight to know if i can enhance what i want.

Takes a while for each item, now take into account that alot of champs are in fel(well what i do is anyway) you then have to take into account the fact the gate drops in x amount of time and xguild could be coming anytime soon.

Too many x's!!!

Just give me an item that i can see what intensity it has...by looking at it! And give me a skill that i can see what i can enhance it with...by looking at it!
Sounds like a job for Item Identification!

Would be the perfect skill to add these things to.

N

Nastia Cross

Just wanted to add my two cents in. Yes, I understand the need to power down imbuing and make it more "customization" than "creation" but what you're saying about involving more skill really doesn't add up for me. Using any runic is more about luck (and the percentage on your talisman and ancient hammer) than it is about actual skill. Imbuing was finally a way to make your skill level count towards creating something of value (and in my opinion also a way to limit the scripting for runic kits). I am ALL FOR bringing back the relevance of lower level runic kits, but really this change is not going to decrease the scripting for them, nor is it really going to level the playing field for all players. I do like though that this would increase the value of monster loot and more people would probably get out there and do peerless and doom just to have a chance at better loot. Ultimately, what I'm trying to say is please add the ability to remove properties along with the changes discussed by Wilki in the initial post. Thanks.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear Mr. Geek, you got me.

How you do math notations on a basic US keyboard on a forum?
I know how to do it in office but not here. Looks like someone beat me in geekness. :thumbsup:
Easy way, use insert symbol in Word and copy/paste.

Hard way, alt+228 :)

N

Nastia Cross

You need to farm arties to do this? *groans*

I understand that farming of some sort is where everything is going in UO. But it's such a powergamer laden game so much more so now, with heavy implications. At this point it's probably unavoidable. I guess I need to look for another game.
Arties wont do you any good because they have over the x amount of intensity required, you need basic loot from mobs as far as i can work out.
As I understand it, arties can be unraveled into essential ingredients necessary for imbuing.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ppl probably will start to grab anything out of the champs again. Not for possible imbuing but for hoping to get anything good from unraveling. Only bad, if you usually solo champ spawns. You should have a pet ball with a beetle at hand in that case. Or better: going twice or three times to dry loot the champ.

@Barry: Probabilitys? Do we have trustworthy numbers about repairs and wehn to loose durability and when not?
Lets assume a full item with 255/255.
- first repair on 15/255 and I assume one lost point of durability.
That would be 240 durability points worth of fighting
I guess you have a (small) chance on every repair to loose permanet durability. What might be the break point, when it evens out? Repairing 6 times at 215/255, repairing 8-times ad 225/255, repairing 12-times at 235/255, repairing 240 times at 254/255?
With repairs at 15/255 your probably using one permanent dura on every repair, but you can be shure, that you dont loose more than 1 point. That sounds like a very good trade off to me. :)

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with your proposed changes, Wiki but also would like to add the following:

-- I agree with BULLET's post, the ingredients are entirely to time consuming to gather, and if the quantities needed to Imbue remain the same, I will haveto not make an Artificer, or worse - give in and support the script miners. Yes, the ones that have each gem in stacks of hundred - damn, took me three months to gather the 100 various gems I have now!

I spent 3 hours lumberjacking yesterday, got loads of wood and nice quantity of the plant ingredients - BUT not a single Amber. The drop rate for brilliant amber and magic gems needs to be looked at. Perhaps a "Guaranteed" drop after so many ax/pick swings, similar to how artis were dropped during TOT3 ...

-- Also, please add a little Oomph to the previously dead skill Item ID - allowing a 5% intensity bonus to items unraveled or similarly small but at leat a perk ...

B

bumblefutz

A few months after release someone will have unraveled thousands of duped artifacts and completely blown out the system. Just like how you didn't see all that val runic crafted samurai plate until they duped all the val hammers.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Removal of Item Properties MUST be included

IF this isn't included...

*High end Runics are BAD.. "ahhh man... My sword would be great to imbue but it's got Hit poison area on it with 3 GREAT properties..." A Valorite Runic shoudln't be less desirable than say a Gold Hammer... Or even. Trying crafting a 50% enhance potions ecru with no useless mods lol.. it's tough. ( I was aiming at no mods other than 50% EP with the first incarnation of imbuing)

* I simply don't like the idea that an EXCEPTIONAl (GM armslore too) weapon gets penalized..... or at least give the crafter the ability to CHOOSE to make exceptional weapons with OR without the DI bonus.... (hmmm... though I guess soulstoning armslore as needee is kinda an option...)

END Result: If you can remove properties 300% imbuing will be fine...

Y

Yalp

I'll try to explain it better.

Some properties "cost" more to imbue than others, in terms of reaching the total cap (either the 300% of imbued weight per item, or the 450/500 total weight for the item in general, which includes all properties, imbued or not).

For example, Damage Increase has the default weight of 1.0, which means that 100% counts as 100% against the cap. SSI, however, has a weight of 1.3, which means that 100% SSI would use up 130% towards the cap.

As far as individual properties go, as long as you don't exceed one of the total intensity caps for the item, then you can imbue any property up to 150%, regardless of weight.

So, that means you can have 75% Damage Increase (150% intensity for DI), and that would count at 150% intensity towards the cap.

For SSI, 150% intensity is 45 SSI, but since it has a weight multiplier of 1.3, it'd count as 1.3 * 150 = 195% against the cap.
*** Runs screaming from the room***
AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH! Math!

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Barry: Probabilitys? Do we have trustworthy numbers about repairs and wehn to loose durability and when not?
Lets assume a full item with 255/255.
- first repair on 15/255 and I assume one lost point of durability.
That would be 240 durability points worth of fighting
I guess you have a (small) chance on every repair to loose permanet durability. What might be the break point, when it evens out? Repairing 6 times at 215/255, repairing 8-times ad 225/255, repairing 12-times at 235/255, repairing 240 times at 254/255?
With repairs at 15/255 your probably using one permanent dura on every repair, but you can be shure, that you dont loose more than 1 point. That sounds like a very good trade off to me. :)
Silverbird - I doubt that any data as to the chance of no loss in durability has been collected. At least I have not seen any thing that says at 235/255 I have X% of losing durability. We know that most permanent durability lost is one point. You went into the detail I did not want to include, because it get messy and we don't have the data to back it. All I wanted to point out is that you don't always lose permanent durability and that WarUltima could have included that in his examples. Your reinforcement of detail will help show how much he could have went into his example.

I don't repair items until they are at almost broke. I want to get the most out of my item as I can, without taking chances (but that is just me).

Stayin Alive,

BG

N

Nastia Cross

Yeah and another thing, all the calculations and math gives me a headache. That whole weights system and intensity percentages... :wall:

K

kaldera4

Arties wont do you any good because they have over the x amount of intensity required, you need basic loot from mobs as far as i can work out.
am i wrong? artis arent unravelable and not imbuable. or does that change?

T

TheGrayGhost

am i wrong? artis arent unravelable and not imbuable. or does that change?
Can't imbue arties, but you can certainly unravel them! ToT minors here I come, nice that this may have a use after all and not continue to waste space in my house oO.

I

InspectorGadget

Sounds like a job for Item Identification!

Would be the perfect skill to add these things to.
From what i read all item id will do is tell you what kind of ingrediant you will get, not what kind of enhancements can be done to it.

Which is my point!

If im looking through a solo griz/trav i dont have time to be faffing about(nore a beetle) calculating what can and cant be added to an item.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A different Idea would be that someone who found an item with 2 mods on them would have a better chance adding the last 3 mods they want then someone who creates a weapon from scratch then adds mods. Right now the first 2 mods you attached to a weapon are at or above 100%. The 3rd property is around 69%, the 4th is around 30% and the 5th is about 1-7%. A better idea would be to allow added mods to have a chanced based on mods added via imbuing. For instance:

A kryss with 30% SSI and 50% DI: These have 2 good mods on them and the other 3 could be added by imbuing with the same percentage chance that someone would have with adding 3 mods on a freshly made item. The chance for failure would be lessened because it would be imbued with 3 mods instead of 5. This makes it easier for the people who go out and take the time to find good items while not limiting people who spend their money or time going out and getting the items to imbue.
This. I like this a lot.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Settle down or I'll confiscate the calculators!

or alternatively lock the thread.

Y

Yalp

I have to admit, not being in the closed beta, I feel like a blind man inside a maze when it comes to imbuing.

But if someone with some experience could answer me this.. will these changes help those of us out that DON'T script? Or is this just another bonanza for peeps running scripts in heartwood, bods, and mining?

Runics? So lesser end runics are going to be MORE useful than higher end?

Mining Gems? So mining scripters will benefit since drop rates are so low on gems and stone?

New ingredients? What are they and how do we get them? Farming certain monsters? Scripting bonanza? Or just unraveling?

**sorry if this is the wrong thread.. seems there's 1001 places new SA info is being posted and my brain hurts from all the hunting***

T

Trebr Drab

Ok, I don't know about the system to really say much. But wouldn't it be better instead of having to farm arties, they gave you extra of whatever the magic items give you from unraveling, and then you take this stuff (whatever it's called) and enhance it into specific forms for each type of enhancement, using all the trade skills divided up? In other words, you take this stuff you get from unraveling and if you want to add SSI you take it to a minor and he uses a special gemstone to "enhance" it to be used for that. Or if you want DI you might take this stuff to an Alchemist and he uses a special potion made from some semi rare ingredient to transform it into what you need for that?

That would reduce the need to farm, add to each trade/harvest skill, and spread the wealth out. It would spread out the farming too.

I don't know if this even makes sense really.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was of the opinion that Imbuing was designed to give the populace a choice:
  1. Go play the current random lottery system - hunting, crafting with runics, and trying to enhance - and slowly accrue items that, although they may not be exactly, perfectly what you want, are still very powerful and will never break.
  2. Make items with Imbuing and get very powerful items that are pefectly what you want, but require large quantities of disparate resources to make, and must eventually be replaced.
Now, the "Imbuing negates the need for crafters except for the making of an exceptional item and the actual act of Imbuing" argument is understandable. Imbuing requires relatively large quantities of materials that must be collected by resource-gathering and combat characters. However, replacing 2/5 of these resources with an item with 2 100% intensity items doesn't particularly change this fact.

It is also possible that the prevailing view of the ease with which Imbuing can churn out incredibly powerful items is slightly distorted. Most of the testing of SA has been conducted in Test Center environments - a place where maximum skill and infinite resources can be acquired with just a few typed commands.

My personal predilection is for the original system of directly creating custom items. To me, the proposed changed is simply saying "Guess what? If you want good items out of Imbuing you have to play the same annoying, arbitrary, random lottery system you've grown to execrate, except now you don't even get an unbreakable item at the end." This proposed change takes Imbuing from a skill that could possibly come to define the dominant paradigm for crafting useful items to just a glorified version of Arms Lore.

(
Well put. You make a VERY good point that everybody whinng about imbuing is doing it from a test center point of view. Lets make a new "test Center" shard that makes you raise imbuing the real way, and gives you no resources to start out with. Let it run for one week and then lets see how many people still think it needs nurfing.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want crafters to still be useful, then why not give a bonus to success chance according to the appropriate crafting skill the imbuer is attempting.

For example... If I want to imbue a Kryss with HML, I would have a 40% chance of success at GM Imbuing without smithing, but at GM smithing and imbuing I would have a 45% chance of success, and at 120 smithing I would have a 50% chance of success. If I worked my skill to both 120 imbuing AND smithing I would have a 55% chance of success. Why not let the skills compliment each other, so that to really be prosperous people would still have a need for their crafting skills. This would still allow a player without a crafter to obtain the same items, it would just be more expensive and take longer. This seems fair to me as those that have taken the time and money to build crafters have already put in an investment.

Amber Moon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well put. You make a VERY good point that everybody whinng about imbuing is doing it from a test center point of view. Lets make a new "test Center" shard that makes you raise imbuing the real way, and gives you no resources to start out with. Let it run for one week and then lets see how many people still think it needs nurfing.
In general, I don't think the difficulty to gain a skill should ever be used as a balance against the power of the potential results of a skill.

This just keeps average folks behind the curve for a few months or more and does nothing to effect the impact of the skill on the overall game in the longer term.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I think its great the way it is ... it will be a great boost to all crafters and the biggest money pit the game has ever seen !

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats a good point Amber. I think what concerns me though is not so how hard it will be to gain skill, but the amount of resources needed, both in gaining and even once you have it built. Even at 120 it seems nearly impossible to land the 5th mod. You end up using so many resources that getting an uber item requires an unbelievable amount of play from a variety of different play styles. If thats going to be the case, then thats fine, but it should have the power to let you build what you want if its going to require that much effort.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone answer this for me, since I'm not home to test it.

If I make an ecru ring, that comes out with ONLY 50 EP and it's exceptional.

So if it is exceptional I have 500% cap. 25% EP is normally 100% intensity, so does that mean that the 50 EP accounts for 200% of available mods, leaving 300% for other properties?

So I could, in theory, imbue a ring with %50 EP and add 15 magery, 12 SDI, and 20% LRC?

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to admit, not being in the closed beta, I feel like a blind man inside a maze when it comes to imbuing.

But if someone with some experience could answer me this.. will these changes help those of us out that DON'T script? Or is this just another bonanza for peeps running scripts in heartwood, bods, and mining?

#1 Runics? So lesser end runics are going to be MORE useful than higher end?

#2 Mining Gems? So mining scripters will benefit since drop rates are so low on gems and stone?

New ingredients? What are they and how do we get them? Farming certain monsters? Scripting bonanza? Or just unraveling?

**sorry if this is the wrong thread.. seems there's 1001 places new SA info is being posted and my brain hurts from all the hunting***
I added numbers to your questions. I will try to address them:

Question #1
Lesser End Runics will be incredibly more useful than they are today. They will be useful to obtain that "base item" needed to further imbue (1-3 properties that you are really looking to start with). Higher End Runics will still be able to craft awesome stuff that is not subject to the same POF restrictions as the imbued items (so they will last indefinitely). It is purely a matter of opinion, based on what you intend to use them for, of which is more useful to you.

Lesser is more desirable: to a person who wants more control on what the properties of the item is, because they will want a specific set of properties (at specific intensities) in the end. Think of this as heavy modifications needed and plenty of resources required.

Higher is more desirable: to a person that either does not require such meticulous control over the end result, because they can live with the variation of the item properties; may not know what they want in an item; do not want the POF restrictions; May only want to imbue one specific property (like a slayer) onto an item. Think of it as slight modifications needed and less resources required.

Question #2
The mining gems are only needed for >90% intensity. Here is the latest chart of resources: Imbuing Ingredients.

I hope this helps clear things up.

Stayin Alive,

BG

J

jamie(gri)

Harliquin or Wilki or someone point me to a place where i can view the weighted modifiers for each mod plz this is very interesting to and the info has to be somewhere since i have seen two people use it now

cmon throw me a bone

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree with your proposed changes, Wiki but also would like to add the following:

-- I agree with BULLET's post, the ingredients are entirely to time consuming to gather, and if the quantities needed to Imbue remain the same, I will haveto not make an Artificer, or worse - give in and support the script miners. Yes, the ones that have each gem in stacks of hundred - damn, took me three months to gather the 100 various gems I have now!

I spent 3 hours lumberjacking yesterday, got loads of wood and nice quantity of the plant ingredients - BUT not a single Amber. The drop rate for brilliant amber and magic gems needs to be looked at. Perhaps a "Guaranteed" drop after so many ax/pick swings, similar to how artis were dropped during TOT3 ...

-- Also, please add a little Oomph to the previously dead skill Item ID - allowing a 5% intensity bonus to items unraveled or similarly small but at leat a perk ...
Agreed. The only difficult one of the 'new' ingredients is the relic fragment. Those are best gathered from paragon marties.

I did 10 min of Fairy Dragons (way too much loot for their difficulty) and got 71 Magic Residue and 17 Essance.

Too easy.

T

TheGrayGhost

Can someone answer this for me, since I'm not home to test it.

If I make an ecru ring, that comes out with ONLY 50 EP and it's exceptional.

So if it is exceptional I have 500% cap. 25% EP is normally 100% intensity, so does that mean that the 50 EP accounts for 200% of available mods, leaving 300% for other properties?

So I could, in theory, imbue a ring with %50 EP and add 15 magery, 12 SDI, and 20% LRC?
50% EP would give you the 200% Base since EP weight is 1, so now you have 300% left. Skill Bonus is 1 weight so 15 magery again 100% so now you have 200% left. SDI 12 weight is 1 so 100%. 100% left, and LRC is weight 1 so 20% LRC would take the last of it.

Yes you should be able to imbue the 15 magery, 12 SDI, and 20 LRC if it already has 50% EP on it. That is if it's exceptional quality.

G

guum

Removal of Item Properties MUST be included
Yeah...the new system could be ok with mod removal capacity...otherwise, it's going to just be frustrating -- far too often, you wind up with a piece of dropped or crafted loot with 2 good properties and 2 more crap properties. Without the ability to remove those 2 useless ones, imbuing will be only rarely useful -- and since imbued loot breaks (eventually), many will choose to forego using imbued loot entirely. Just too great a chance that you won't find what you need again before the imbued item breaks.

G

guum

Also, I like something along these lines for itemid with the new system. I'd make it a little more substantial though -- say 5% bonus to max intensity per 20 points of item id (so, 325% max intensity that can be added at 100 item id).

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Y

Yalp

I added numbers to your questions. I will try to address them:

Question #1
Lesser End Runics will be incredibly more useful than they are today. They will be useful to obtain that "base item" needed to further imbue (1-3 properties that you are really looking to start with). Higher End Runics will still be able to craft awesome stuff that is not subject to the same POF restrictions as the imbued items (so they will last indefinitely). It is purely a matter of opinion, based on what you intend to use them for, of which is more useful to you.

Lesser is more desirable: to a person who wants more control on what the properties of the item is, because they will want a specific set of properties (at specific intensities) in the end. Think of this as heavy modifications needed and plenty of resources required.

Higher is more desirable: to a person that either does not require such meticulous control over the end result, because they can live with the variation of the item properties; may not know what they want in an item; do not want the POF restrictions; May only want to imbue one specific property (like a slayer) onto an item. Think of it as slight modifications needed and less resources required.

Question #2
The mining gems are only needed for >90% intensity. Here is the latest chart of resources: Imbuing Ingredients.

I hope this helps clear things up.

Stayin Alive,

BG
thx BG... I'll be using this post as a bit of guide.

Amber Moon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed. The only difficult one of the 'new' ingredients is the relic fragment. Those are best gathered from paragon marties.

I did 10 min of Fairy Dragons (way too much loot for their difficulty) and got 71 Magic Residue and 17 Essance.

Too easy.
Man you folks love a grind don't you? If its got the typical gains curve for difficulty based crafting, you are talking 100's of attempts to gain tenth above the 80's in the skill, thousands to complete the skill. I guess killing hundreds of mobs and clicking buttons thousands of times is a challenge. It is certainly a challenge to my patience.

Each to his own and they should definitely cater to the core playerbase in the game. I am just reaching the realization that that isn't me.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Man you folks love a grind don't you? If its got the typical gains curve for difficulty based crafting, you are talking 100's of attempts to gain tenth above the 80's in the skill, thousands to complete the skill. I guess killing hundreds of mobs and clicking buttons thousands of times is a challenge. It is certainly a challenge to my patience.

Each to his own and they should definitely cater to the core playerbase in the game. I am just reaching the realization that that isn't me.
If you are going to have an ingredient that takes no more than 5 min to obtain - why even make it an ingredient?

My thought is that you should hunt bloods for an hour - find 2-3 items that you can unravel into useful ingredients. Then you may use that to imbue an item. Not enough materials to imbue 20 things per hour.

If that is the case - don't even require ingredients. No sense in it.

Like anything - you should have to put in some magnitude of work or its not a challenge.

Are crossword puzzles too hard for you? Too much of a grind? Do you wish it was 3 boxes with one clue?

The point is to enjoy the collection and not think of it as a grind.

I honestly think that UO should split into 2 games. One game as it is for players that enjoy the 'building' of characters and suits and items.

The other UO is a set of permanent test center shards. You set the skills to whatever you want, unlimited resources and just go PvP.

Thats what I see from these boards is an endless stream of PvPers that don't want to work for anything and just want gear to go fight. Maybe we need a separate shard to let them have at it. Otherwise we have dev's caving in to the 'lets make everything easy' arguements.

If you make this too easy and ruin the value of the runics I've worked for, the weapons I've collected from hours of hunting, the armor from carefully crafting/fitting suits - then I'm gone. That is one of the only things keeping my accounts open is the value in terms of effort the items I have accumulated have to me. If you make it all easily obtainable and I can just throw it all out - I'll close my accounts and go play xbox or something instead.

Amber Moon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its all good Theo. We just have a different outlook on what is entertaining. And I am sure the prevailing view is closer to yours then mine. Like I said, I just realize its not for me.

BTW, I don't PvP ever and I am in no particular rush to skill up.. months are fine. It took me the better part of ten years to finish my tamer.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EVERYONE has the capacity to fight the necessary creatures, or to raise the necessary skills to get the base items.
You are forgetting one thing. I've been playing since 1997 and I have no care at all to go PvM. I exclusively PvP.

In my opinion to have to go farm weapons is stupid, but I do have to agree that when I did the Beta I was a bit concerned that everyone would have an uber weapon. But in the end, isn't that what you want to happen anyway?

You also mentioned the past "Invul Armor" well if you remember correctly you could get that armor on just about any creature, where today 99% of all creatures are useless, except for peerless and Doom Gauntlet. I don't know about you but I don't want to do those stupid, senseless mind numbing things like ToT's. Lather rinse repeat!!

I know that these weapons can be used in PvP, but once again it will make the godly templates even more difficult to kill and once again Mages will be sucking wind.

It is also not the weapons that imbalance things like PvM and PvP, it's the skills that imbalance it.

Imagine how nice it would be to be able to get decent items off of most creatures.. I mean from a Reaper on up. I know..I know.... god forbid people started going all over the world again to explore......

I had some hope for the Styg Abyss, but personally it seems that it is all about PvM... AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a thought!! How about one of these days, you actually spend the resources fixing skills? Like Chiv that only needs 80 points to be effective or Magic resist that no ones needs to use in PvP because of trapped boxes, petals, pots and whatever else.

Sometimes you guys make me so sick of this game.. Us PvPrs don't ask for much and rarely ever get anything.

I think that the day EA tries to balance PvP is the day I DIE of a heart attack.

T

TheGrayGhost

You are forgetting one thing. I've been playing since 1997 and I have no care at all to go PvM. I exclusively PvP.

In my opinion to have to go farm weapons is stupid, but I do have to agree that when I did the Beta I was a bit concerned that everyone would have an uber weapon. But in the end, isn't that what you want to happen anyway?

You also mentioned the past "Invul Armor" well if you remember correctly you could get that armor on just about any creature, where today 99% of all creatures are useless, except for peerless and Doom Gauntlet. I don't know about you but I don't want to do those stupid, senseless mind numbing things like ToT's. Lather rinse repeat!!

I know that these weapons can be used in PvP, but once again it will make the godly templates even more difficult to kill and once again Mages will be sucking wind.

It is also not the weapons that imbalance things like PvM and PvP, it's the skills that imbalance it.

Imagine how nice it would be to be able to get decent items off of most creatures.. I mean from a Reaper on up. I know..I know.... god forbid people started going all over the world again to explore......

I had some hope for the Styg Abyss, but personally it seems that it is all about PvM... AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a thought!! How about one of these days, you actually spend the resources fixing skills? Like Chiv that only needs 80 points to be effective or Magic resist that no ones needs to use in PvP because of trapped boxes, petals, pots and whatever else.

Sometimes you guys make me so sick of this game.. Us PvPrs don't ask for much and rarely ever get anything.

I think that the day EA tries to balance PvP is the day I DIE of a heart attack.
In there defense Calvin has said that after the launch of SA there will be an announcement of sorts relating to there plan to bring some of the wild wild west back to UO. So there is still hope.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope my post is read and looked at. Personally, I don't want to see Imbuing completely bring us back to PreAOS where everyone has VERY equal gear and is easy to obtain. While this may not be popular here, think about the game's health. If everyone has the best gear, you're taking out a big portion of why to play. If you already have the best gear, why would you need to spend the time hunting or anything? People will get bored quick if they have all the best gear. Everyone would play Test Center if this is what they wanted.

Tinsil: What about those of us who have great gear? The game is already dead to us because there is nothing to do but PvP, which has it's own imbalances. If they fixed PvP then I would agree with you.

I have not participated in PvM in at least 2 years, not including Champion spawns and I do those solely for the fights, not the scrolls or items.

So where does this leave people like us? It's funny because in any business, the oldest customers are the ones treated the best. Yet with UO the oldest customers don't even seem to count.

In the end because PvMers comprise of the majority of paying accounts they get preferential treatment. But what inevitably happens is that once a PvMer achieves everything in the game, the only thing left is PvP. So they try that and get destroyed in 2 seconds due to imbalance and hacks. So they quit UO altogether.

But if they balanced out PvP and fixed all teh hacks and cheats, it wold give the PvMer something new to try, and possibly even be competitive at.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In there defense Calvin has said that after the launch of SA there will be an announcement of sorts relating to there plan to bring some of the wild wild west back to UO. So there is still hope.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!, Like we haven't heard that after every single expansion since T2A.

Please do not hold your breath waiting for them to do so. Because I promise you that we will not see any PvP balances, specifically to skills (other than if they fix imbalances to imbuing or mysticism) in the next 6 months if not a year. If they fix either Chiv or Magic Resist or Magery within 6 months, I'll give you one of my Keeps, 50 Million gold, an Orni and any other item you see on any of my characters or houses.

Amber Moon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!, Like we haven't heard that after every single expansion since T2A.

Please do not hold your breath waiting for them to do so. Because I promise you that we will not see any PvP balances, specifically to skills (other than if they fix imbalances to imbuing or mysticism) in the next 6 months if not a year. If they fix either Chiv or Magic Resist or Magery within 6 months, I'll give you one of my Keeps, 50 Million gold, an Orni and any other item you see on any of my characters or houses.
Yah, I think they are far more likely to fix Calvin. :p

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yah, I think they are far more likely to fix Calvin. :p
Exactly.. But we are all such puppets that EA does what it wants when it wants and will never ever listen to anyone other than themselves.

Nothing is more infuriating than a game you love that is being destroyed by suits who don't know their @$$ from a hole in the ground, let alone the ins and outs of the game, or Devs who think they are gods greatest creation because they can program.

Veteran players have been promised many many many many many many times that PvP would be looked at. Does this make you think of Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown? "Come on Charlie Brown, come kick the ball, I wont move it out of the way this time"

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will high intensity ingredients be obtainable from any creature? Or will you need a skill like mining or fishing to get them?

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
where everyone has VERY equal gear and is easy to obtain.
I think this is where it should be, at least from a pvp standpoint. Bring skill back to the game instead of the item based crap.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think this is where it should be, at least from a pvp standpoint. Bring skill back to the game instead of the item based crap.
Go

Play

Siege

One blessed item per char and the rest is Gm armor.

Why oh why to people continue to rail here over 'the old days' and 'equal for everyone' and 'I hate trammel' and not play siege?

People really don't know what they want is what I truely believe.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go

Play

Siege

Why oh why to people continue to rail here over 'the old days' and 'equal for everyone' and 'I hate trammel' and not play siege?

Because Siege is NOT OLD UO!! It's no better of a solution than the regular shards.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i just want to add 35 ssi to all the bows i craft with a yew runic kit..
its too bad tho you cant imbue items made with special wood/leather :(

also i think if you let people remove properties you might as well keep it how it is. unless you make it so the item remembers it had a property you removed and that still counts towards cap..

why force people to start with an item with certain properties then let you remove those to start over.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*pokes U.Hall mods* (this thread is now obsolete)
Maybe if the Devs would respond to regular posts that people make, we wouldn't have to hijack these.

They sure seem to have the time to respond to the subjects that interest them.

D

Drawde2

Go

Play

Siege

Skill and stat game restrictions per day. No selling to vendors. Prices on vendors being much higher. Limited to a single character.

Although some things may have changed since I last played there, those were the main reasons that I can remember.