• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Changes and content I would like to see..

mihali

Sage
Different folks have different ideas about this. The Devs are said not to visit this forum, yet a lot of ideas from this forum have made it to the other forum and the game itself, Many examples, not only the taming revamp but may others. Hopefully some of the new ideas from here may be beneficial to the game. There are a lot of complaints about bugs, cheats and different aspects of the game.
Other than these what are things we would like to see, as long as they are not damaging to balance of things in the game?
What types of events?
Anything that you can think of, and any wish lists?

(I hope not opening Pandora's Box)

Izzy MBC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'd like to see musical instruments for which the notes can be struck/plucked via keyboard keys, and perhaps a way to write sheet music for different instruments. Mostly a novelty value thing, and I appreciate also complicated to code. Also, although instruments can be muted in the Options, I think people would also inevitably write music like Dragonforce or Rick Astley for the tambourine, and interfere with the tone of the game (which is apparently a medieval fantasy elf magic japanese demon dinosaur gargoyle undead tone, so not much room left for Eduard Khil).

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I wouldnt mind the opening of malas to keeps and castles, and fully custom keeps and castles like we have with smaller homes. Get rid of the no housing areas that are in most of malas.

Re- introduce/fix old/broken quest lines.

Make pets push through in trammel rulesets.

Allow us to set traps in VvV towns.

Fix bugs that force flagging by pets.

All summons should have the flag of the caster. Only red if red, orange for VvV, blue or grey

mihali

Sage
"All summons should have the flag of the caster. Only red if red, orange for VvV, blue or grey" <--- About time they fix this.

o Sell "Saddle" in the store, for a respectable sum, that would allow tamers to ride certain non-rideable pets that have no Ethy or other UO storable look alike or similar.
(? Sabertooth, some Dinos, ? saddle will allow male character to use/ride Unicorn, Bouras..etc..), allow to ride Tritons? Saddle will wear down with pet/player deaths, to allow UO to make the extra $$ with need to re-purchase periodically?

o Sell "Pet Collar" not just deco for the pet, but give a small bump to some pet skill or pet stat.

o Make Death Ray more useable somehow, by allowing some limited caster movement, and allow Spell protection somewhat of less chance for interruption of DR?

o Just a little bump for the Spellweaver, by adding one medium power low level direct effect offensive spell not a area effect, of some type so that SW's will be able to hit foes 1x1 basis also not just WOD at very end or area effects?

o Allow a mechanism to revert gargoyle-altered gear back to their original form?

o What about special Dye tub that will allow us to change different colours on the Triton?

mihali

Sage
The pet costumes have been here for a while now, and we see lots of tamers not using them. That means less cash for UO. These costumes are very nice looking.

--> Make the pet costumes more appealing by adding something to them perhaps different things for different costumes, like : Add 5 or 10 wrestling to pet while using the costume, or any stat +10 str or dex or stam or resist etc. while using the costume. Then you may see many more players buying them?

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A Rune Book Dye Tub color-based on the normal simple Tailor dye tube ;) (love my neon books), which also allow to color-change Runic Atlas.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
stop wasting time on nj and fix the bugs o_O
Agreed. We will see how this turns out but I have the feeling they've just been throwing good money after bad repeatedly on this project.

What I'd like to see is pretty simple... I want to see the Devs break this 4-5 year long boring cycle.

What's that mean? It means give us some content that is different than the boring cookie cutter dynamic events we've received the last 4 years. It's played out. It's to the point where these champ spawns are empty the last week or two (and these events are only 30 days). The treasure events are the same premise each time so bots have just become even more rampant... to the point where I just wait for the prices to drop and simply buy discounted items from them.

Jan-March will be where we see if the Dev team will look to break the cycle because there isn't the same cookie cutter holiday events they can lean on like Halloween & Xmas/ArtisanFest. My guess is we won't get anything and the first "event" we will get is another egg event for spring followed by a summer of nothing and then Halloween/Xmas... the typical rinse/repeat they've been on the last several years. **yawn**.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How about fix the !#!@$!#$%!#$%!#$% Account NO Management system?!?!?!

I got a new Amex card. My card expired on 02/01/2024, Amex as their policy they sent the replacement a month early.

I updated to the new card and EVERY SINGLE ACCOUNT STILL WENT DOWN! :cursing: :rant2: :bs::facepalm:

I had to MANUALLY UPDATE each individual account! I had to do it for all all eight accounts.

The account Management System has always been 1000% garbage!

Is there anyone left other than me that remembers the great migration debacle?

It started bad and has never gotten better.

Time to stake the vampire and start over,

UO_Joseph

Visitor
Agreed. We will see how this turns out but I have the feeling they've just been throwing good money after bad repeatedly on this project.

What I'd like to see is pretty simple... I want to see the Devs break this 4-5 year long boring cycle.

What's that mean? It means give us some content that is different than the boring cookie cutter dynamic events we've received the last 4 years. It's played out. It's to the point where these champ spawns are empty the last week or two (and these events are only 30 days). The treasure events are the same premise each time so bots have just become even more rampant... to the point where I just wait for the prices to drop and simply buy discounted items from them.

Jan-March will be where we see if the Dev team will look to break the cycle because there isn't the same cookie cutter holiday events they can lean on like Halloween & Xmas/ArtisanFest. My guess is we won't get anything and the first "event" we will get is another egg event for spring followed by a summer of nothing and then Halloween/Xmas... the typical rinse/repeat they've been on the last several years. **yawn**.
I have to agree here. How about actually listening to the players that actually pay the bills to keep things going. Honestly, it feels like there's MAYBE a months work of development for the entire year then the staff is MIA for 11 months. There are the EM events that are mediocre at best but turn out to be very buggy with super lag on the remote chance you might get something good or something lame that looks like a 5yr old designed it. Either way, juice is def not worth the squeeze there. The mere fact that there's still good attendance along with activity on these forums is proof that people are hungry for content. People want to play this game and keep it alive. Unfortunately the perception is that it appears that the people that can actually do something about it seem to be on auto-pilot or non-existent.

Korik Bloodguard

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2FA, what is that?
2 factor authentication. The same tech most account services offer to protect you from intrusion either by requiring a code texted to you, sent to your email, or generated in some other authenticator. Would just make accounts more secure.

egglett

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This would be ok for if you was going to change any account details or delete a char. But not for every time you logged in

Izzy MBC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This would be ok for if you was going to change any account details or delete a char. But not for every time you logged in
Some 2FA implementations allow you to 'remember the device' though, so if you authenticate with 2FA successfully once you can keep it 'unlocked' for 'x amount of days' or 'forever'. With that implementation you'd never even have to type in a password to play UO anymore on your home PC after the first 2FA sequence - all the while, elsewhere, a bad actor would have to overcome "two" lines of defense rather than just "one" to seize your account. I put quotations around the one and two because it's not really accurate to say one and two, but ya'know what I mean :)

I'd be quite flabbergasted though if they ever, A) Implemented 2FA, and B) Modified the Clients to remember one or more pre-authenticated logins.

Izzy MBC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You just made me realise a much overdue change required - inspired by your prolific use of symbols.

The amount of times I've tried to name a book, or an animal, something completely innocent and it's not allowed because it has a 'naughty word' embedded within it. I remember years ago I tried to call one of my pets "The Assassinator", but it has 'Ass' in it... twice in fact, so it was doubly unpermitted. There was something else as well... ah yes, I tried to name a chest using the word "Documents", but it has the word "***" in it.

Makes a grown man want to *** cry. I never bothered renaming it again, wasting another wooden chest engraving kit. I logged in now just to screenshot it, for I jest not, "Various Do@&%ents & Scrolls". Cheers UO.
UO Documents & Scrolls.png

Korik Bloodguard

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some 2FA implementations allow you to 'remember the device' though, so if you authenticate with 2FA successfully once you can keep it 'unlocked' for 'x amount of days' or 'forever'. With that implementation you'd never even have to type in a password to play UO anymore on your home PC after the first 2FA sequence - all the while, elsewhere, a bad actor would have to overcome "two" lines of defense rather than just "one" to seize your account. I put quotations around the one and two because it's not really accurate to say one and two, but ya'know what I mean :)

I'd be quite flabbergasted though if they ever, A) Implemented 2FA, and B) Modified the Clients to remember one or more pre-authenticated logins.
Yeah, it's a pipe dream but so are the other 99% of the changes people want :)

mihali

Sage
Death Ray is an awesomely powerful spell esp combined with slayer books, for the right mobs. Almost approaching the damage of WOD in some cases, with a big difference: It can be cast at any time, not just the end of the encounter. So far the only indication you cast it is a tiny red dot, no sound.
I wish they put sound to it, not like the lightning, but something similarly ominous (ZzzzzzzaP?) Or something to show some respect for a MASSIVE spell.:)

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I got a new Amex card. My card expired on 02/01/2024, Amex as their policy they sent the replacement a month early.

I updated to the new card and EVERY SINGLE ACCOUNT STILL WENT DOWN! :cursing: :rant2: :bs::facepalm:

I had to MANUALLY UPDATE each individual account! I had to do it for all all eight accounts.

The account Management System has always been 1000% garbage!

Is there anyone left other than me that remembers the great migration debacle?

It started bad and has never gotten better.

Time to stake the vampire and start over,
I recently just updated my paltry three accounts with my Amex card and had zero issues. I mean it took me like 4 minutes total. So there is that if I want to nitpick.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I recently just updated my paltry three accounts with my Amex card and had zero issues. I mean it took me like 4 minutes total. So there is that if I want to nitpick.
They have more accounts than you, so obviously their opinion means more. I mean... duh :D

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
the lore books should have chapters to hold many scrolls and it should be for the year. if not done, there will be so many books it will become a joke. need to do it soon. just my opinion