• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Champs and peerless

calibek

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm looking to come back to UO. It has been a while since I have played and the most fun I had was champ spawns. Are there any guilds here that do champ spawns for fun. I like PvP but I'd prefer a guild that mostly champ spawns. Are there any here? Also what is the population like on LA? Not only am I looking for a guild that does champs but I'm also looking for one that Likes to do T-Maps (Have a Treasure Hunter), peerless (I've never done one and would like to learn), And just generally hangs out and PvP's for fun and not overly concerned about it. Also a guild that just likes to hunt and kill would be great. Are there any here like that on LA?

S

Shanna

Lake Austin is very quiet shard. It's like a small town. Everyone know eachother or at least has heard of eachother. There are a few guilds that do spawns. Vamp tends to own the most popular one which is Despise. They are a pvp guild and pride themselves on being scumbags (Guild Charter is Lie,Cheat,Steal, I think :sad4: ). KOL is the largest guild and sometimes, although a lot more rare, does spawns. We are basically trammies that venture into Fel :p and it does countless peerless and doom runs. A&&M Alliance is a pvp guild that is here to rid the shard of Vamp by doing spawns and fighting with them (extremely arrogant though). There are many other nice guilds like UMP, N**K, & MHC Alliance. But those three seem to be in Fel the most.

S

Smoken Joe

:( why does everyone think that VaMp prides itself as Scumbags.. we are just a guild that has owned Felluca LA for years... Oh, and ask anybody around Luna... most people know who I am... then again, I've helped a lot of people out on LA and will continue to do it... I like helping out people so they can get at a level and start fighting back at me.. I always enjoy others to fight.

S

S.W.A.T

JoJo! See me and I'll give you a free +20! :) (Zack/Prime). Unfortunatly, you cant do champs without pvp! That's the best part! Raiding and defending =]. For pvp/champ spawns, look into A&&M or VaMp (I'm A&&M :p) both are always doing both and have fun with it, Win or lose =]. I don't know what vamp does pvm wise, but A&&M don't do much of it, we do peerless from time to time though. For PvM look into KOL however, I heard today they held a spawn against vamp:thumbup1: good job guys =]. They don't do Fel side much, and are more into Trammel, but I was also told they're making a pvp group so we'll see what happens, I heard they've got a good pvper coming from another shard to teach them, and Rage does a good job giving orders when they are out spawning etc. For Shanna's comment I disagree with almost all of it, She didn't like how A&&M raided KOL and left us, So now they're calling us Junior Vamps, drama :link:. But I'm sure that no matter what shard you go to the pvp guilds are always trying to overthrow each other, well I thought they were? VaMp I'm not with them but I feel for Smoken Joe =], VaMp are good at what they do and shouldn't quit because some KOL threw a fit, and why would a KOL complain about vamp when there's a few VaMp in KOL? Beats Me =/. I feel VaMp have helped a lot of people on this shard, Smoken Joe is always willing to help a hand and apolgizing for zerging me in fel :p

S

Smoken Joe

Prime.. you really just need to build a better suit and you'd be a lot better off.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
to he OP... kol and vamp are the biggest guilds and most of ur goals will be met with either of them... kol more towards the peerlesses and vamp more towards the spawns though... vamp does generally have a bad rep becuz they do pk and raid spawns and whatnot, but thats just what their guild does (sometimes some of them talk alot of crap when they do it which is unnecessary, but most guilds have the occasional smartass that just likes to antagonize) i dunno much about any other alliances or anything so i cant help u out on any other info

D

Desolation87

Shanna - your post is 100% brill. It's like you were reading my mind.

Joe - You are by far the most decent guy in VaMp, if every vaMp guy was like you then they should change thier name to KOL and be a cool guild. Alas, their are a few asses that spoil it and isn't it/wasn't it Talons rule that 105s/110s could not be dropped in Luna and therefore not being seen as a 'nice' guild? However, since the whole, 'you stole my orni!' debarcle between a&&m and VaMp, I have noticed that your no longer keeping the newbie items taken from new poeple that don't know about fel. This used to be my biggest hate about VaMp. Glad you've changed!

Zack - Lol, junior vamp? Nah, wannabe VaMp morelike. Tell ya what, why don't we help ya out now and again and then go stab you in the back? You guys seem to like that. I also like how you say - why should VaMp quit after a few KOL 'throw a fit'? Hahahaha, how can such a nice lady make such a silly boy? VaMp are good at what they do and shouldn't quit if two silly little guilds join together and make one silly little guild. Then the one silly little guild trys to act big and scary. Run VaMp, run for the hills! A little guild are acting big and mean. :sad3:

calibek - Welcome back! If you havn't played yet, your in for some big surprises! Everyone has pretty much already summed up the main guilds. My advice, if your heading the PVP route try VaMp first(think VaMp have a rule that you must have at least one red). If they don't take you then try a&&m, they will take anyone.

S

S.W.A.T

I totally agree Blackjack! =] We don't need help and when we do run vamp off you can just stay in tram like the silly guild you are =]. Also, when has KOL ever helped A&&M? I'm sure its not when KOL and VaMp team up against us at the gate, but maybe? Who knows =], from what I've been hearing its Junior VaMp to you sir, unless the 7 kol that told me this were lieing, which I mean they could be, but Junior VaMp also sounds more insulting =]. How could such a nice woman date such an immature adult, who's gonna argue and spread silly rumors about a kid still in highschool! :grouphug: I hope your child doesnt turn out like you sir =].

Tek

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but most guilds have the occasional smartass

Yep and You were one of them in the guild we use to be in :p

It doesn’t matter if the guild is Fel or Tram- larger guilds always have a few jerks, drama queens and jackasses.

Hell - me and Slacktard are in a guild of about 5 players, now just imagine what a guild of 50 players must be like.

Hmm maybe I need a new guild...

E

Evilminion

Well, I know jack squat about VaMp, and avoid PvP and Felucca like the proverbial plague, so I don't really have a horse in this race. But I do have to say that I think Joe is a sweetie, so they can't be ALL bad... :D

S

Smoken Joe

I've just played forever.. PvP is the easiest route to mass fortunes...

As far as Talon barring the people from dropping +5 and +10's... it's to make the values of the 15's and 20's stay steady... without 5's and 10's in the population... people have to pay the extra to buy the higher scrolls.. :)

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vamp tends to own the most popular one which is Despise. They are a pvp guild and pride themselves on being scumbags (Guild Charter is Lie,Cheat,Steal, I think :sad4: )....
I have only been back in UO for about 4 months now and mostly have been focusing on learning this version of UO vs the one I left.

The above is to say I do not specificaly contest your assertion.

I do though, as a generalization, say this .....

The stated Guild Charter does not give me any concern or issues as that would be very consistant with the orginal UO / Fel.

I would hope the spirit of the Charter is for it to be Role Played and that does not mean speaking funny or any of that. It means they are Role Playing Evil/Being Jerks RATHER THAN actually being Jerks.

If they are actually being A$$Hats then they are ..... well not what I would have hoped for.

For what it is worth, the VaMpS I have encountered have mostly been neutral(99%) to helpful(1%).

D

Desolation87

Zack - Lol, :loser: you sound like a little kid. Oh wait, you are. Lets not get this guys thread locked. So I will say good day Sir.

I said good day! :talktothehand:

S

S.W.A.T

Yes, Blackjack I am a little kid =], haha talking about being little wow you sure make a better impression then me there sir =], It's very clear your still upset about getting owned at deciet, So when you want to stop embarresing yourself on the fourms and start acting your age, please come to yew and get it handed again =] Blackjack :stretcher:> Zack =]

A

Andore

i have had many encounters with VaMp,and KOL.the A&&M seems to have faded off.VaMp is Mostly comprised of seasoned PvPers.KOL is finding their place in the PvP side of UO.Both have good people in them. So I would say this, talk to members of both guilds and decide which is a better fit for you.I would further reccomend to listen to NONE of the hype about either(though admittingly i have heard nothing negative about KOL),VaMp has been mostly neutral in my experience.the rest of the time VaMp has been very open to talking to anyone.I do not know what VaMp has for requirements to join. KOL emmisaries are easy to find in Luna.

K

KnowYourEnemy

I use to play LA, back then a guild called Creeping Death was the big fel guild. What happened to them? I remember most of them couldn't pvp and took at least 8-10 of them to raid me and 2 of my guildmates at a spawn. I'm guessing they recruited a lot of trammies into the guild. and now those trammies can propbably own my ass, since I don't do much pvping anymore as I have now become a full time trammie lol

L

littlershak

uhhh lolz is the dominant guild kthx.
vamp doesnt steal or any stuff you guys are talking about they simply just win in fel.
a&m has some decent people but for the most part people who have been kicked out of vamp or left.

S

S.W.A.T

Well LoLz is aka ViP! from Atlantic, and ViP from what I've heard doesn't really play by the rules. But I've also noticed how big of a cry baby JC The Builder from HoT on Atlantic from the faction fourms. So, I can't really say anything bad about LOLz. The ones I've talked to have been really helpful with templates and tactics. But I did notice a few things that have caught my eye with the LOLz on this shard. I do agree with A*M being mostly VaMp though hehe, kind of Ironic if you ask me :p. I was KOL for 13 months, but a few events led to me deciding to quit and join -62- which then eventually led to A*M.

S

S.W.A.T

I've heard of Creeping Death, I think they play on Pacific? I'm not so sure, Lake Austin is first shard I started because my mommy plays it:danceb:, but been playing 16 months and havn't seen one at all.