• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Champions of Britannian Jousting Tournament

Merek Penrose

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
On July 18th at 8:00 I would like to extend my hand to the entire Catskills community and invite you all to join me in Skara Brae for fun, laughter and excitement. Jousting has always been a part of the Role-Playing community, but sadly it has not been done in some time. I have waited until after the elections to create an atmosphere where we can meet all the Governors of the nine major cities. There is roughly 80 Million in gold prizes to be won. I hope to see you all there!

The Pre Show;
Join us at the fairgrounds 30 minutes prior to the main event for some drinks and fun. Meet the Champions and Governors of our fine cities. Head on over to one of our booths, get your fortune read or a kiss from a young lady. Pick up a ticket for our large raffle, and possibly win your very own Dexxer suit.

The Main Event;

My plan is to have a bracket of eight to nine contestants. With single round eliminations leading into the finals, which will then become a best of three. I am not aware of the last time a jousting tournament has been held on the Catskills server. Each major city will be represented by both their Governor as well as a chosen Champion.

The rules are as follows;
- Governors will be asked to select a single champion only.
- Handcrafted plate armor of GM quality will be made by Sven Steelguarde
- All lances to be crafted by Sven Steelguarde. These will be imbued with UBWS
- There is to be No spellcasting. No Divine Fury, or Evasion etc. before a tilt. This is to be based on skill.
- Use a real horse (Ie: not an ethy) is a must.
- There is to be no jewelry, or arties of any kind.
- single round eliminations prior to Finals.
- Finals will be a best of three.
*Please contact me @ ICQ - 693916775 for all crafting needs.

1st place 20M (Gold Trophy)
2nd place 10M (Silver Trophy)
3rd place 5M (Bronze Trophy)

Side Events
The Gold Drop - Roughly eight millions in prizes. Gold will be split amongst the Greeters. Once the “hand” drops they will quickly toss gold checks into the arena while the spectators run frantically attempting to pick up as much as they can. Simple event to allow “everybody” to win.
Pick the Pea – Two million gold will be given to a random greeter. The greeters will stand in a line and a random spectator will have a chance to choose what greeter is holding the prize. If selected properly, they will win. (May just cheat and let them win anyways.) A seat will be chosen prior to seating, the person who sits in that seat will be the lucky player.
The Raffle – There will be a dexxer imbued armor set. (I can give details on stats later.) Random numbers will be placed within an in game book. Each random number will be paired with a random five letter word so that no spectator is able to cheat. The number will be drawn from a hat and the prize given to them.

*Note; I ask that the Governors remain seated for all events, and enjoy the crowd.

Champions of Britannian Jousting Tournament itinerary.
· Pre - Champion and Governor Party (8:00pm est 30 min before actual event)
· Main Event / Introduction of Champions and Governors (8:30pm est)
I. Will Introduce each City with Governor
ii. Governors Will introduce their champions to the crowd and take their seats
iii. Champions will walk to waiting area
· First Round Eliminations
i. The Gold Drop! (8 million gold to be dropped randomly in the pit for the viewers)
· Semi Finals of Champions
i. Pick the Pea Game. (2 million gold prize)
· Joust For 3rd Place
i. Raffle for (Imbued Dexxer suit crafted by Ducan Ironweaver *Value of 15m*)
· Finals of Champions
i. -1st place 20M (Gold Trophy)
ii. -2nd place 10M (Silver Trophy)
iii. -3rd place 5M (Bronze Trophy
*Trophies will be displayed Until Finals.
· After Party.

Hope to see you all there !
If there are any questions, please feel free to message me here, in private or on ICQ.

Last edited:

Eldaern Mallorn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
For those curious about the suit, it contains the following stats (Without shield and weapon)
  • All 70s Resists
  • 48 Stamina Increase
  • 48 Mana Increase
  • 25 Hit Point Increase
  • 55 Lower Mana Cost
  • 45 Hit Chance Increase
  • 45 Defense Chance Increase
  • 5 Swing Speed Increase
  • 8 Dexterity Bonus
  • 2 Intelligent Bonus (From Detective Boots)
  • 65% Damage Increase

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't forget to talk to your governors if they haven't announced an event to pick their city champion.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
New Magincia is still seeking its Champion, please contact me if you wish to show some New Magincia pride.

Armand de Romanus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
everyone, I need someone to volunteer for the city of Britain! I tried 2 hold a competition but there was no one that showed up. so if there are any citizens out there that wanna represent the capital, please pm me!!!!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Along these lines I'll throw out that if you are a citizen of Jhelom and wish to compete just send me a messege otherwise like I said earlier I will just work on Nepotism.

Eldaern Mallorn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
This Event is Today at 8:00pm EST.

There has been a slight change of how the Rounds will work (Due to 3 cities lacking a Champion.)
- Players will collect 1 point for each win they receive in a round.
- The Champion with the highest Points will win the tournament.
- Each Round will be a best of 3.
- If points result in a tie a "sudden death" will occur.
- A sudden death win DOES NOT give you a point, but moves you up in standing above the champion you were currently tied with.
- Each Champion is given a number (see image below)
- 5 Rounds Total.
- "Mini games" will occur in between each round for viewers.

This is how the Joust Schedule looks -- It will be updated through out the night !

BOOTHS!
The Following Booths have been added to the event;

Kissing Booth - Visit the princess of the elves, receive a blessing in the form of a kiss.
Raffle Tickets Booth - Be sure to pick up a unique ticket from the raffle booth for your chance to win your very own imbued Dexxer suit! Winner to be announced after Round 3.
Peoples Champion Booth - Vote for your favorite champion, VIEWERS decide who the "peoples Champion." The Champion that is selected by the people will win 2,000,000 Gold! Winner to be announced after Round 4.
Fortune Teller - A new haircut, perhaps a new car... Boyfriend trouble? Who knows -- Well the Fortune teller does. Find out your fortune and look into the future!

Eldaern Mallorn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
1st - Duke of Minoc
2nd - Jean Crowley of Jhelom
3rd - Piper of Trinsic
4th - Yukina Minamoto of Britain
5th - Mylar Tyrmitore of Skara Brae
6th - Ralos DeMorrian of Vesper

Results of the Round Robin;
Winner of each Round is highlighted in GREEN
Numbers Link with each champion.

The Four Way Tie Resulted In A Single Elimination;
The Results are as follows

Last edited:

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was my first time participating in a joust, and it was really fun! I can't wait for the next one :p

Eldaern Mallorn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Congratulations as well to the following;
Baroness Merida of Britain - Winning the Grand Raffle,
Champion Duke of Minoc - The Peoples Champion,
and to all those who were able to "fight" their way and pick up checks during the Gold Drop.

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Congratulations to the organizers and participants. Sorry I couldn't attend, but you only turn 40 once, and I couldn't reschedule family.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you so much for the fun event! I had a meeting with my community just at 8 PM EST, but managed to get on just after 9. I caught a lot of great screen shots too that I uploaded to our UO Catskills Facebook page! Thanks to the Ranger and Eld for putting on a great event! A special thanks to our lovely PEC Wraith who helped set up for the event!

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I want to joust!! But I dont have a char on catskills to do so. Maybe ill make one for the next time it comes around

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry i miss it, but Congrats Duke and all the other from the pic it look like it was a blasted