• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Champion Spawns Additions

How do you want to handle the Champ Spawn Additions?

• No to Replicas and no to SoTs

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • No Replicas but yes to SoTs as they are.

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • No to Replicas but yes to SoTs if there is a timer before you can eat another

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Yes to Replicas but no to SoTs

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Yes to Both

Votes: 52 59.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A

Avia TaKier

I hope everyone who's saying 'bring them on' is also saying **NO Item BLess Deed's** [read the list carefully people!] I don't want them to just turn it on for Siege and then all the sudden we have a few lucky individuals running around with a complete blessed suit.
Well if cdb could bless some good things then crafters would have more reasons to do bods!

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After we got better access to highlevel stuff from Armslore bonus, runic tools and from loot, PvP had been more fun here when we can affort losing our items and still be able to run in items good enough to PvP
That was one of the best changes to the game in ages.

However, I agree with Mook. The faction items were a bad idea and the new items are just as bad. I would rather see all this arty stuff go away and people run in GM and runic armor.

I like the scrolls however.
Personally. I don't see it like you do.

If doom arties, peerless ingredients, ML arties, tokuno arties, runic kits, high end items, weapons, armor, etc. etc. dropped more frequently we'd be better off.

I can't even tell you how much loot I've just skipped over because it was complete utter trash... how is that fun or exciting? People go out hunting because they want rewards. This is the hard shard because you have to earn your rewards or lose everything when you die.

If this was the scenario then people would be hunting doom, ML dungeons, Tokuno, and so on... OFTEN and forever. Items would be more affordable and people would be more inclined to actually use them... and there will always be demand.

Things would be so much better for everyone... monster hunters, thieves, pks, RP so on and so forth.

People have been running great suits for a long time... even without the faction items...

... ^^

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well ****. I didn't realize that there was end date on the poll. I didn't vote bc I wasn't sure how I felt about the replica's. :sad4:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
So... Patty. How do you feel about replicas? I don't like 'em. That is just the way I am. I would prefer to have crafted items be the norm.

Where do these ugly monsters keep getting these items any way?

Sargon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I would rather see all this arty stuff go away and people run in GM and runic armor.
I agree, I would like to keep Siege as minimally item-based as possible. The poll is already closed or else I would have voted yes to the scrolls and no to the replicas.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So... Patty. How do you feel about replicas? I don't like 'em. That is just the way I am. I would prefer to have crafted items be the norm.

I think you will see that when imbuing skill is added

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I agree, I would like to keep Siege as minimally item-based as possible. The poll is already closed or else I would have voted yes to the scrolls and no to the replicas.
The problem with item based after AoS was that only very few could affort a useful suit for PvP and somewhat for PvM too.

When you could not complete, you could not enjoy PvP. The players was looking for templates that would keep them alive and make them have the power to kill. What did we get? lots of stealthers and upper pets.

Before AoS, gm items was worth using in PvP, AoS made them useless. We har vanq items, but they was only a little better than the gm items with high defalt vendor price.

Time had changed alot sinse AoS, we are getting to where all again can affort a PvP suit.

Artifacts are less rare now
Crafters can make better items now
Faction got their soulbound artifacts
With pub 57, non faction will get one way more to get artifacts
With SA, Crafters will get more love

All in all, item based is only a problem if you can't affort the items and have to fight some who can.

Now we just need to lower the fee for Siege PC vendors, so the crafters and farmers can affort to put the items on their vendor. More PC vendors = easier to find the perfect suit for you.

If we do not get this items, we will keep the problem a few running in upper gear and the rest running in naked with a greater dragon.

If we want more players, the shard need to be fun, it's not fun when you can't complete.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well, I am kind of agree with BR and freja, but I also hate the thought of more items flooding the shard. Since I never PvP, being able to acquire or not acquire these items will not be an issue for me. This made it difficult for me to decide one way or another. Maybe it is better I did not vote.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well, I am kind of agree with BR and freja, but I also hate the thought of more items flooding the shard. Since I never PvP, being able to acquire or not acquire these items will not be an issue for me. This made it difficult for me to decide one way or another. Maybe it is better I did not vote.
I think a lot of people who prefer pre-AOS style of game play want things restricted as much as possible.

I'm convinced it's killing this shard.

UO has changed a lot over the years and in PvP circles they say adapt or go play a free shard.

This game is due for new content... and not just content, but to make sense once again. I've had to face the hard truth that we play with these items. This is the 'new stuff' in UO. The problem is-is that we've alienated so many playstyles restricting it.

Siege does not have item insurance, so I have no idea why our loot drops are the same as prodo shards.

How many crafters burn through ingredients? Tell me a crafter who has 1000's of ecrus to burn through. If crafters could make customizable weapons and armor... could you imagine the market? Dexers would run 1, 2, 3 or more good weapons when PvPing... you could pick your weapon. Hunters would be out farming places like doom and tokuno... I can guarantee you PKs would be rolling through too...

The items are here... and there are those of us already using them regularly. This is not something new. This shard is capable of handling UO's systems differently than Prodo. We need to bring this shard up with the times because it's not only more healthy... we can focus on things like

private houses
"you cannot loot this corpse"
bene acts
promoting player run establishments

so on and so forth.

I'd enjoy people not running around in hide/stealth so much because items are too important as it is.