Champion Spawns Additions

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do you want to handle the Champ Spawn Additions?

• No to Replicas and no to SoTs

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • No Replicas but yes to SoTs as they are.

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • No to Replicas but yes to SoTs if there is a timer before you can eat another

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Yes to Replicas but no to SoTs

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Yes to Both

Votes: 52 59.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
The upcoming changes to the champ spawns have been posted here. Due to the uniqueness of the Siege ruleset, how would you like us to handle the Replicas and Scrolls of Transcendence (SoT)?

We look forward to hearing what you think about this!

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 31, 2008
Georgia
Want to know what I think? Fix the damn lag...

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
I think people will want to know two things: -

1) How will SoTs work with regard to the daily ROT cap?

2) Will the replicas be blessed?

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 3, 2004
Want to know what I think? Fix the damn lag...
Let's not kick a gift horse in the mouth.

They're asking us prior to the publish, which is a very nice consideration.

I'm against the replica's, we don't need more ub3r items, but the Scrolls seem ok, as long as the skill gain counts AGAINST your RoT gain for the day. IE: Eat a scroll during RoT for 1.0 skill and if the skill in 70's you have 4.0 points to go for the day.

And prior to the 70's it really doesn't matter, since it's reasonably easy to gain most skills up to 70 as it is. And nice for Training skills in RoT so you don't have to sit there forever.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Stonehaven
siegeperilous.net
The replica’s are artifacts originally created by the former EMs and Seers. They have the same mods and stats as the originals but you cannot use Power of Fortification on them. They can be repaired, insured and blessed. Some of them will only be obtainable from a specific boss whereas others will drop on various champs.
The replica's are the only part of the proposed changes I have concerns about. Would it be possible to see what type of mods these weapons have on them before we voice an opinion? My concern is that since EM's and Seers created these items, they may well be very overpowering.

The rest of it sounds fine for Siege, IMO, but yeah, I have to agree with Kage here. Fix the lag!!!

Waiting for more info on the replica's before I cast a vote.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 5, 2006
Why not bring it in? And yea FIX THE LAG

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 5, 2006
I'm against the replica's, we don't need more ub3r items, but the Scrolls seem ok, as long as the skill gain counts AGAINST your RoT gain for the day. IE: Eat a scroll during RoT for 1.0 skill and if the skill in 70's you have 4.0 points to go for the day. .
Why would you want it to count against the rot i would like to see poeple able to raise skill faster maybe more would play siege then

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 13, 2004
Iantown
I don't think it will be a problem if they stay in daily Rot cap. It will make it easier to get you max gains for the day.

B

Black magick

The replica's are the only part of the proposed changes I have concerns about. Would it be possible to see what type of mods these weapons have on them before we voice an opinion? My concern is that since EM's and Seers created these items, they may well be very overpowering.

The rest of it sounds fine for Siege, IMO, but yeah, I have to agree with Kage here. Fix the lag!!!

O wow... I actually agree with kat on something.... *edit* If you are putting in the shroud of Tal'keesh could you make it so you could cbd it though?

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Stonehaven
siegeperilous.net
Thanks for the link, Tomas! :thumbsup:

After taking a look at those items, I am still unsure how I want to vote on this. Considering the fact that we now have those ridiculous faction items and everyone [factions] is running around with max DCI, the EM/Seer items may offer some balance since a great deal of them have additional HCI. Having more HCI options would be helpful for sure, however, I hate that this game is getting more and more and more item based by the minute. :grrr:

If someone can create an option like "Take out the overpowered faction items AND leave the EM/Seer items off Siege"... I'd definitely vote for that.

A

archite666

OMG...

You have to like the idea of encouraging spawns, as it gives us something to do as the price of powerscrolls drops.

Some of those items are crazy nasty and most certainly should never be on siege blessed, the gladiators collar might prove to be nasty even running it as your blessable item.

I could see this being ok as long as everything is unblessed or even Cursed? and as long as these scrolls count toward your daily rot...

:scholar: which still needs fixed by the way :scholar:

You dont want to give people the ability to just pay gold to raise your skills, actually I really dont want the scrolls at all, that juss seems like the future could be very lame...iono.

as for the items, It would be cool to give us a chance to run some really uber items that are damn hard to get, just a thought.

GoodGuy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 30, 2008
I think it will be OK to add more items to champion spawns, scrolls are becoming worthless except for the higher end ones.

the only problem i see is this

More stats on items that have NEVER had stats before. Now with robes+sashes+earrings+sandals

these items shouldnt just be given stats just my opinion

but whatever

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 3, 2004
Item bless deeds are in the replica list, that's enough for a resounding **NO** right there. And the more we ask for it to be tweaked for Siege the greater chance that something goofy slips through the cracks.

I'm voting yes for SoT's and no to replica's.

S

Sunchicken

One of the reasons i left a prodo shard was it became to easy.
The use of items to make templates instead of real skill.
I vote no to both and the faction items.
Not to say when i get my skills done i wont be joining factions for the items

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
One of the reasons i left a prodo shard was it became to easy.
The use of items to make templates instead of real skill.
I vote no to both and the faction items.
Not to say when i get my skills done i wont be joining factions for the items
That's the thing though.

The reason prodo is the way it is is because of item insurance. You have stuff lots of people don't and it's a huge advantage.

If siege turned on the item faucet, doom arties, cc's, good weps and armor... then we'd use the stuff!! We'd loot, hunt for, play... for stuff.

TOO many people run stealth hide here... want to know why? Because it pays to survive.

How many people have quit because they lost crap?

You know what I don't get about the crowd here is that Siege is designed for this.

Players go out and hunt, they sell stuff, pks kill ppl and loot bodies, so on and so forth.

It's complete fluidity... and so what if an orny costs 50k. That means more people will run it more often and you will loot it more often. You will have fun with stuff... more often. You won't be scared to take on a competitor, but would go out and fight because dying with a GOOD suit wouldn't suck so damn much.

And people will have a reason to actually go out and hunt things... and our pks might actually pk.

I seriously don't get how this community thinks having items to use isn't a good thing.

Not to mention the fact that we'll be more like prodo... it's easier to balance combat across UO if we're using the same stuff... they are.

A

archite666

I have to agree with BR on the concept about items, Iv always felt mages were at a large disadvantage on siege because of their item requirements,

I mean its no big secret I run a mage with nothing but 2/6 and resists but with the blessable item a warrior can get alot of bonuses where I am limited to at best a Orny, which by itself doest not make me combat ready as I still need to equip a 0/3.

So more rare throw away items to the mix might be good, its just with the addition of the faction items and some of these insane items the properly item-maxed character will wipe the floor with my character 100% of the time 1 v1 skill or not which kinda reminds me of prodo.

I mean I dont know if this means much as I pretty much suck anyway regardless of items but this is just my theory.

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
That's the thing though.

The reason prodo is the way it is is because of item insurance. You have stuff lots of people don't and it's a huge advantage.

If siege turned on the item faucet, doom arties, cc's, good weps and armor... then we'd use the stuff!! We'd loot, hunt for, play... for stuff.

TOO many people run stealth hide here... want to know why? Because it pays to survive.

You know what I don't get about the crowd here is that Siege is designed for this.

Players go out and hunt, they sell stuff, pks kill ppl and loot bodies, so on and so forth.

It's complete fluidity... and so what if an orny costs 50k. That means more people will run it more often and you will loot it more often. You will have fun with stuff... more often. You won't be scared to take on a competitor, but would go out and fight because dying with a GOOD suit wouldn't suck so damn much.

And people will have a reason to actually go out and hunt things... and our pks might actually pk.

I seriously don't get how this community thinks having items to use isn't a good thing.

Not to mention the fact that we'll be more like prodo... it's easier to balance combat across UO if we're using the same stuff... they are.
I do believe this is the first post of yours I've ever truly agreed with BOTH the message and the tone used. Kudos!

F

Førsaken

I say bring it on. Just don't let them be blessed.
Agreed. Would be really cool to have some of the prodo EM items on Siege. Keeping the current CBD rule in place-Cannot bless clothing items with mods!

With that said, people should be able to bless the Ghostly Shrouds of Spookiness. . .Be nice to see some new looks around Siege with the possible EM shrouds coming. :lick:

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 3, 2004
I say bring it on. Just don't let them be blessed.
I hope everyone who's saying 'bring them on' is also saying **NO Item BLess Deed's** [read the list carefully people!] I don't want them to just turn it on for Siege and then all the sudden we have a few lucky individuals running around with a complete blessed suit.

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
IN
Orc chief helm, LT sash, Gladiators Collar, I am ROCK hard right now.

F

Førsaken

I hope everyone who's saying 'bring them on' is also saying **NO Item BLess Deed's** [read the list carefully people!] I don't want them to just turn it on for Siege and then all the sudden we have a few lucky individuals running around with a complete blessed suit.
Yeah, I saw that on the list, but just assumed the DEVs are smart enough and fully aware of Siege's rule set, to even think about putting IBDs in..

*coughs* Right DEVs? :D

GoodGuy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 30, 2008

AGREED,i would hate for whatever reasons to EVER see more item bless deeds on siege.

We need to make that clear that we want the items and skill scrolls but ONLY if the items don't include item bless deeds on that list.

Also, i don't want to see the skill scroll put people up over the daily cap allowed by ROT.

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Yeah, I saw that on the list, but just assumed the DEVs are smart enough and fully aware of Siege's rule set, to even think about putting IBDs in..

*coughs* Right DEVs? :D
There will definitely not be any items bless deeds.

S

Seikatein

Item bless deeds on Seige??? Are you people insane??? Mine as well through pretty leaves on all the trees, and throw pansyland on the moongate. Actually these would make us worse off than the trammys they atleast have to pay isurance. Why even bother to go out and fight if you cannot loot your opponents uber suit because he blessed the whole thing? I dont mind the scrolls as long as they conform to rot and the collar is WAY too overpowered.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Apr 12, 2001
Denmark
Lets have them, I'm a little worried about the weapon but noone on Siege can bless more than one item so I think it's ok.

The scrolls will give some action with trading.

Please fix the Siege vendor fee, it's far to high, vendors away from hotspots are dying.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
Actually, although I agree 'no item bless deeds' They wouldn't be a problem if they had the same restriction as clothing bless deeds on Siege, ie, can't bless items with mods. So what would you bless if you couldn't bless weapons/armour?

An example: Suppose someone made a statue and engraved it with a special message for you using the statue engraving tool - an item bless deed used on that wouldn't cause a problem.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 11, 2008
Germany
i voted yes on both asuming that the replicas will NOT be blessed...

also i think they should NOT be CBD-able since they have additional mods.

unblessable people will ahve to run the risk of loosing them just like they do with cursed artifacts and faction items.

risk vs. reward !

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 13, 2003
South Jersey
There will definitely not be any items bless deeds.
Since you are stopping by to visit us, is there a list of definite replicas that will be available? The link someone provided here showed a list of all the event/EM items. You already said there would be no IBD's. Anything else being left out? Just curious.

I haven't voted yet. I don't know how to vote for the replica's yet- for or against. Being that I don't PvP, most of them won't affect me but I don't want make a decision just based on that.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Voted.

And thank you for bringing us this poll and considering Siege.

I'm glad to see the Mythic team realizes that Siege requires a degree of seperation in developing. That's something that has been sorely lacking in the past.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 9, 2006
your moms room
Wow, it seems Siege is slowly day by day coming closer to becoming a prodo shard... I believe the only thing you guys are missing now is insurance, and they done pretty close to adding that with all those artifacts that are selling for 100k for the best ones?

I cant believe it,now siege is another item based server. Not that there has been alot of skill involved since the addition of superdragons/smokebombs.

I dont see why you guys just dont allow people to trasnfer here now whats the difference your going to be able to macro up a char in notime.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 9, 2006
your moms room
That's the thing though.

So what I'm going to ask is why not just play prodo if this server is basically becoming like one? I mean seriously an orny with better mods than the orginal is 50k, wtf? I dont see why you dont just add item insurance... seriously at least it will be completely balanced for EVERYONE. Then everyone can use the uberest gear avaiable.... I mean shoot just have x-fers from other shards, whats the big deal now siege has become just like every other shard now, there is no uniqueness.... Least you guys will have a population if you allow x-fers or just quit siege and go to another server.... Basically the same thing now just with way more players.

C

Calibretto

Item bless deeds on Seige??? Are you people insane??? Mine as well through pretty leaves on all the trees, and throw pansyland on the moongate. Actually these would make us worse off than the trammys they atleast have to pay isurance. Why even bother to go out and fight if you cannot loot your opponents uber suit because he blessed the whole thing? I dont mind the scrolls as long as they conform to rot and the collar is WAY too overpowered.
LoL

Read the post above yours ^^

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 16, 2007
I voted no, I came to Siege to get away from all the item madness and it followed me.

Faction Mages on Siege sport better suits then most prodo shards...

EA is just like a bad parent, give the kids a new toy to shut them up, please!

Watch out, next from EA "Castle in a box" just add water....

Even the thought of these items makes me puke!

But thanks for asking and have a nice day!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Apr 12, 2001
Denmark
I voted no, I came to Siege to get away from all the item madness and it followed me.

Faction Mages on Siege sport better suits then most prodo shards...

EA is just like a bad parent, give the kids a new toy to shut them up, please!

Watch out, next from EA "Castle in a box" just add water....

Even the thought of these items makes me puke!

But thanks for asking and have a nice day!
Maybe you had not been here long enough to understand why most of us vote yes.

On normal shards, with insurance and blessing, it's a item madness. Here it was a pain when the item was rare and only few could affort to lose them and the rest was not able to PvP in their gm made items.

We only have one bless options, so if you kill someone with high level gear, you can loot it. Even the best skilled and geared up char can be killed if he run into a gank, so things works very different here.

Right now, Faction got their upper gear, so is great there will be some for non faction too.

Even when the new factions items are bonded to the char, they are not blessed so they will drop on corpes.

After we got better access to highlevel stuff from Armslore bonus, runic tools and from loot, PvP had been more fun here when we can affort losing our items and still be able to run in items good enough to PvP

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
After we got better access to highlevel stuff from Armslore bonus, runic tools and from loot, PvP had been more fun here when we can affort losing our items and still be able to run in items good enough to PvP
That was one of the best changes to the game in ages.

However, I agree with Mook. The faction items were a bad idea and the new items are just as bad. I would rather see all this arty stuff go away and people run in GM and runic armor.

I like the scrolls however.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
Let's try to break the 100 vote barrier on this one. I have not decided yet, still considering the ramifications. I do wish a few of these items would be tweaked down a bit.

A new reason to visit the champ spawns would be nice...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
Eighty some odd votes so far. This poll ends tomorrow.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Stonehaven
siegeperilous.net

However, I agree with Mook. The faction items were a bad idea and the new items are just as bad. I would rather see all this arty stuff go away and people run in GM and runic armor.

/Agreed

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
May 12, 2008
Europa/Siege Perilous

/signed