• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

CEO again

• Thread starter toontownhappy
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

toontownhappy

I'd love to hear how it went tonight with the CEO! I've only survived 4 out of 10 attempts, so if it went ok I'll start doing them with Stratics. I don't want to be a Flunky forever!

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

There were some instances of ghost hits but there was only a few unites used.

I used one not because of ghost hits but because I wasnt paying enough attention. I did have 2 ghost hits though.

S

Squeaker

We all made it! I had one ghost hit in mid round... it was the only time I looked up someone stats to see how they were doing. Anyone else? The other hits I took (and there were quite a few) were from a lag in a couple of spots and being out of practice. Still not used to the stop and run thing when you jump! There were a few unites thrown but not so bad in my opinion. I still had a few left and sorry if I didn't use them. I figured I was hit because of checking stats... Who knows? If anyone needs help around me, please don't hesitate to tell me. I'm not very consistent at making sure everyone's laff is good. I've heard a bit on everyone else but more details please!

S

soupandquackers

I only got hit by gears for real once. I got a ghost hit and ghost crushed but it wasnt to bad.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I don't think he's tankable anymore. :p I was taunting him in the beginning and he wouldn't even look at me. I still had all my laff when people started using unites. Then, Jelly says he has the hate. I told him to start taunting. When he did, I started taking ghost hits. I ate all the snacks for 20, and used a 40 on myself and Jelly (who didn't need it but he was smashed in a table near me so I made sure it hit him too). I wound up with 25 laff when he finally gave up, mostly from ghost hits.

T

toontownhappy

Ohhhkay, so overall, not as bad as it has been? That's a relief...
But what exactly causes the ghost hits? I remember reading that whispers from people caused them, but now it seems (from Squeaker's post) that checking stats can cause them too.
Also-
I was taunting him in the beginning
Jelly says he has the hate. I told him to start taunting. When he did, I started taking ghost hits.
So Trish, you started getting ghost hits when Jelly started taunting? But were you getting ghost hits when you were taunting the CEO in the beginning? :coco:
I'm trying to make some sense here; maybe that's pointless, lol. But I think (IMHO) that knowing what causes the ghosties might be good. As far as I know, ghost hits are caused by:
-Getting whispers from outside (unless TT fixed that...?)
-Possibly from checking stats in-battle
-Possibly from talking in-battle
Anything else?

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
THEY were getting ghost hits when *I* was taunting, but I wasn't. *I* started getting them when others started taunting (speedchatting). Ugly said he had a friend that wouldn't stop whispering to him and he was taking ghosts often. Does that about cover it guys? Our own chat doesn't affect us but the chat of others does.

S

susan4633

ok i deliberately didn't say a word once the cogs were dead because i wanted to see if trish the tank would work.

for me, it didn't. i took 1 hit for -30 then a couple more and i had barely gotten on the table. i had rebooted completely before i showed up for the ceo so that wasn't the issue. i was at 59 about 1 minute into the fight. i spent most of the next few minutes running from belt to belt to get snacks. i saw sgt take a few good hits and she was at 45 or so, so then since to me it didn't matter about being quiet, i whispered to her to get some food and i used my only unite 10 standing by the belt, and i think we both took a -15 hit. then someone said they were going to use a unite so we ran towards the doors and we were all back at full laff.

i tried to jump off the table every time he yelled fore, and then hopped up and down hoping to miss the balls, but it only worked half the time.

K

Kippy

Thought you would like to know, ghost hits have been fixed on test!
They should fix it soon on open, then CEO will be much easier.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got a few ghost hits right at the beginning. With only that one unite, a trip to the snack line, I still left with like 70 laff I think. Once they fix it though, should be much more enjoyable!

S

Squeaker

Not going to CEO in River again! Ghost hits galore - now I know what everyone's talking about. I was down to my 40s... mostly from - who knows what! About to throw a unite - waiting for that last person to run over... Mistake... No gears being thrown - no 'fore'... I went sad. I guess the one good thing was that my unite threw me back to the playground with over 80 laff. And since it was only an 80 unite... how was I an 83? That's the question for the day. Hopefully the rest of them put that unite to good use!

S

Steveo

Wow those ghost hits are bad. I hope they get the bug fixed on open by this thrusday, but we will see. To me the CEO should be the easiest battle. Now with the ghost hits its like unpredictable.