• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Catskills Teleporter hubs...

Interest in a Teleporter Hub?

• Yes, I wish we had one, I want to link my house

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do we have any yet?

I've been toying with the idea of setting up a hub for the community. Mainly to link (mostly) non-luna establishments. Trouble is I don't really have a ton of space to set on up. If I were to do so I think I would most likely open up another account to hold a house dedicated to the hub.

So I have a 2 part question (hence the poll), does Catskills need a hub, and if I set on up, how much interest would there be in people joining?

[Edit]
I just realized choices 2 and 4 are pretty much the same.
Just ignore that. It made more sense in my head before I typed it.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aren't the EM's creating a hub outside luna? If they are there isn't a good reason for you to spend extra money on an account to do what they are doing for free.

This is the post where I found out about the EM hub:
http://catskills.uoem.net/?p=508

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Different style of hub. The EM hub is good if someone wants to visit Olympus or Red Skull bay (if the hub is ever made).

This hub is good for linking merchants in a ring of homes.

I'm still not a fan of rings/hubs, since activity levels change, and a ring can be more easily edited by a rune book or two rather than a semi-permanent house teleporter system.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My thought was to hook together those houses outside luna that are always fighting for traffic. Something like this might make it easier for the little guy to get ahead.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am making something like this at the Abyss plot. Though all shops are welcome. I can Link a ton of plots. If you like I can access you tonight after work to see the setup. We can even drop your link tile if you like.