• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Catskills Militia Skirmish - 3/15/09

Piper [PGoH]

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The role playing community invites every citizen of Catskills to participate in our weekly recurring Skirmish Warfare event. The recruits will be separated into two groups which will fight one another at a pre-determined location. The goal of the battle will be annouced short before the event. A special Catskills Militia guild will allow any player to participate, by temporarily recruiting those who are not member of the role playing community. The rules are simple:

* Our main rule: Wear only items crafted with normal crafting tools. No Artifacts, no runic-crafted items, no magic mods, no jewelry, no talismans etc.
* As these items can easily be replaced, you don't even need to insure them.
* Due to fairness and balancing, powerful pets are not allowed (for example, no Greater Dragons, no Rune Beetles, or 5 animals with pack instinct). If you want to bring pets, please get a permit from the event organizers first.
* As your alignment will be determined by color, your armor has to be dyed in a certain color, or you have to wear a robe of that color.
* Looting is not allowed.
* It will be determined before each battle, whether or not mounts are allowed.
This weekend's skirmish will be held Sunday, March 15, at 2:00 PM EST at the Broken Mountains south of Luna, indicated by the star:

There will be gates to the location in New Haven starting at 1:45. Those who cannot otherwise get the proper armor and equipment may be outfitted at that time.

See you then!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure you meant to show up that early to be 100% sure you wouldn't be late tomorrow right?

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well now you don't have an excuse for being late or missing it tomorrow since you were so early :p

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll be there as Kei Wa in order to add people to the Militia stone if needed.

We encourage those of other guilds to join in the fun, you only have to be added to ours for a couple of hours.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Though this is just "one mans opinion" I have to say...that in the begining there was an organized effort for training. Which is the soul of the reason the event was held. But, in the end the free-for-all's was the highlight of the event. There was a moment where we all chased one feller around by the name of um...der? Deringer something another? But in the end we all had a blast. And a few of us even gathered at the Jolly Roger Inn afterwords to share a drink at the fine tavern.

Here is a shot of us first getting organized:

Thank you all who came. I personally had a blast...even if the world seemed more gray than in color. Hehe.

Piper [PGoH]

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll be there if I wake up, but as who ?!?!?!
Matey, wut da hell did ye do last night, if ye don't know as who ye gonna wake up??
Sometimes it's best not to ask...

There was a moment where we all chased one feller around by the name of um...der? Deringer something another?.
That would be the shirtless pirate, Deranigan.

And yes, this was a very fun one. Thanks to everyone who came, and I had a good time with Bob, Benjamin, Aneirin, Laurana, and Callista at the Jolly Roger afterwards. Thanks for a pleasant afternoon.

PS. Bob, try the tactic with the broken pot bottle shiv next time. You're sure to win. :p

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This event gets better every time. We will constantly come up with new ideas. Thanks Qu and Aneirin for helping with the organization!

R

RichDC

I asked in the other thread but no reply :(, are we allowed to use SC weaps as long as thats the only mod?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We've had a bit of discussion about SC weapons and came to this conclusion:

Sure, why not?

The restriction is that the weapon can only have SC and DI (up to 40%). The -1 doesn't matter since you have no jewelry to give FC anyway.

R

RichDC

Sweet...this seems the perfect place to train in the art of tank mages then!

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's my idea too. It's a good place to try new tactics or templates without risk of losing a lot of time or insurance.

I wish I had enough courage to bring my necro-mage into the battle, but since there's no wrestling, she'd be an easy kill. I will bring my wrestle mage eventually, but right now I'm working on getting really good at archery.

I find myself getting a little better at using junk gear, then when I put on my good suit, I get a whole lot better.

R

RichDC

I have just (nearly) finished a new template on a different shard, so time to build it on that shard and train!

Suits gna take me an age to make, hopefully by that time im good with him!

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Matey, wut da hell did ye do last night, if ye don't know as who ye gonna wake up??
It was late for me and well half the time I have no clue what I'm saying until after it's been said then I have to go back and correct it haha