• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Catskills Hall of Fame

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stole this from the Pacific forum!

If you were given the choice to nominate one player to go into the Catskills Hall Of Fame, who would you choose? Let's pretend there is one...and don't pick yourself.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is easy.. Anne Nomilly of course who else has done as much to build the Catskills community? Anne has always been here for anyone who needed help with anything. She is an friend to everyone.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is easy.. Anne Nomilly of course who else has done as much to build the Catskills community? Anne has always been here for anyone who needed help with anything. She is an friend to everyone.
Second! I remember hearing about Anne way back before I ever met her. She's a Catskills all star.

Vallend would be my 2nd nomination.

Uthar Pendragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grog,

Aside from that Anne is a good choice. Sad that all the names I can think of are no longer active.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My vote: Grog.

I rejoined UO after a long break about the same time he passed. I never met the man myself. Yet he still has a vast impact on my play style and play philosophy (aka "have fun") and I see the effect he had on the Catskills community as a whole every day.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Second! I remember hearing about Anne way back before I ever met her. She's a Catskills all star.

Vallend would be my 2nd nomination
*watches the mod/reporter love-fest* :popcorn:

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The people I would put into the Hall of Fame no longer play and hasn't for a long time.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Centurio

honorable mention,
Ben Gay the thief! (not really, just wanted to see if anyone remembered this guy).

He stole some of the best items in the game off players.

M

Marcus Blackwell

Hmm if I had to pick from the people Ive gotten to know since Ive came to this shard my first choice would be La Belle/Oriana.. have to say my second would be Sarmae Jr. and if I had a second choice it would be Tallus Cross.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Vallend would be my 2nd nomination
*watches the mod/reporter love-fest* :popcorn:
You better change that to ex-reporter love-fest. :thumbsup: I really have not been a reporter for a while now. They just have not removed my shield yet... (These days I spend more time in Myspace playing Mobster then I do playing UO anymore. I so enjoy whacking those who have it coming to them...)

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
While there are many I'd nominate, if I was forced to choose only one, that would definitely be Grog. For me he defined the term "fun". I still miss him and all the brought to our world.

But when I think about Catskills, there are others that immediately come to mind too. Picking just one would be hard. Some of the others I'd include if I could would be:

Goose
Vallend
Flutter
Aedon
Clive
Delbert

Each in their own way defined Catskills for me and each, in some way, are part of all my memories of this game.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Main votes? Kasaven and Cern. They've been doing a great job for us all.

Other votes? Everyone.

We all shape the shard in some way or another, even if its not directly seen.

D

DPudding

Other than myself.....I'd have to go with Anne. She's the one person I would give my most prized possession to....knowing I'd get it back. She's really the, and I hope I don't embarrass her, coolest person I've met in ten years of playing.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ironically the person I'd pick I never saw or met. Grog I can't take a look on the stratics forum without seeing his name or a step in the game without hearing about him it seems.

Side note I've come into possession of a golden pike engraved "1st Place Who's Line Is It Anyway - Grog memorial Festival 2007"

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Ironically the person I'd pick I never saw or met. Grog I can't take a look on the stratics forum without seeing his name or a step in the game without hearing about him it seems.

Side note I've come into possession of a golden pike engraved "1st Place Who's Line Is It Anyway - Grog memorial Festival 2007"
Scarst, I don't want to derail this thread but, as you've "come into possession" of it, if you'd like to know the background (and don't), PM me and I'll tell you the story. :)

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scarst, I don't want to derail this thread but, as you've "come into possession" of it, if you'd like to know the background (and don't), PM me and I'll tell you the story. :)
While I was a PK in the old days I have not done it sense AoS came out. Just so everyone knows that I didn't find it by looting someone. I also didn't get it from an IDoC. I got it from someone who was leaving along with a lot of other nice junk. As for PMing you sure send me a PM about it, I'm not trying to derail this thread just wanted to tell where I got it before people started thinking things.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My favorite person on Catskills is Calina's husband, MAGYAR. He has set a wonderful example for our guild as a giving, helpful guild leader. I've seen him give away what would be considered fortunes, to any player in need! From elite armor to help build some of the best suits in the game, to showing ppl how to run his *beloved* Sanctuary, he is always there to help....

He has just taken a new job, so we don't see him as much as we'd like, but I definitely thought of him first when this topic came up! (plus i know Calina wouldn't want to nominate her own hubby, but he deserves it nonetheless)

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Scarst, I never for one second thought you'd looted it or gotten it any other way than someone giving it to you! I'm truly sorry if my post implied that in any way. Please forgive me. I will PM you this evening when we get home with the story behind the item. :)

And Hunter's Moon, I agree, Des would also be on my list as well. Many things I learned about doing events, I learned from one of hers. :) She was the first person I ever knew to do a Naked Dungeon Run on Castkills! :danceb:

M

Mirage

Scarst, I never for one second thought you'd looted it or gotten it any other way than someone giving it to you! I'm truly sorry if my post implied that in any way. Please forgive me. I will PM you this evening when we get home with the story behind the item. :)

And Hunter's Moon, I agree, Des would also be on my list as well. Many things I learned about doing events, I learned from one of hers. :) She was the first person I ever knew to do a Naked Dungeon Run on Castkills! :danceb:
I'm not sure, but I thin Des still does naked dungeon runs in RL.

Mir

H

Helfgrim

My wife Phaen tops my list, but Aedon Durreah, Beleg Megil, and Azrael have all be strong influences in my game time.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't think you were but some people might see it that way. I never even looted when I did PvP although if I had I might have been A LOT richer on Baja and actually made it to legend status but if I remember right I was in it for the "lulz" I mean I was 11-13 at the time and killing someone as a chicken just had that "s***s and giggles" appeal to it also the goal was to keep a low profile back then besides in your crew where you would compare your kill count with.

For those who are curious the most i can remember having was 34 legitimate kills, that's not counting gank kills or any form of res killing, and they were mostly made through more than one person on me at a time.

Enough of me going off topic,
I'd have to add James to the list he has made my RP experience enjoyable and it's never dull when he's around which is probably why it's enjoyable mostly funny though.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Enough of me going off topic,
I'd have to add James to the list he has made my RP experience enjoyable and it's never dull when he's around which is probably why it's enjoyable mostly funny though.

*smiles* James Bunnyman is wonderful... until he sets you on fire *grins*

B

Beleg Megil

Grog
Black Death (UND)
Leston
Gorbladz
Scarecrow
Mikael D'Amavir

Just doing past players. If I did current, the List would start with Aedon, end with Zendra and include pretty much every Rper I've played with.

A

Ashlen

1. Anne Nomilly - she showed us what community and friendship was about
Plus she is the best friend any person could ask for.
(even if your not a mod or never was or will be one)

2. Goose - he redefined leadership in PvP on catskills then went
on to many other shards to share knowledge and joy of death

3. Rendar - this one goes way back to 1997-1998 Rendar was one of the
People in the very beginning that had very innovative ideas
with PvP that were later used by Goose and many others
He was my neighbor, guildmate and friend.

4. Izzy the Fool - another oldie that worked hard to teach others how to
run a good guild and teach others how to PvP and be a
better player as well as a UO commumity pixel.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I'd vote for Izzy the Fool. That was one cool dude.
Hmm Grog was a nice guy.
Anne's done a lot for community.
Del for proving even the people you dislike one day can turn out to be good people.
Mirage for holding down that brit bank for so long.
Nystul for making me LOL so much.
Gildar for everything he's done for the UO community.
Bizkit for helping me tame my first nightmare in terra keep back in the day. (I was so proud)
.... I could go on for hours. Over 12 years there's been a LOT of people.

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grog first
Anne 2nd
Flutter 3rd
Borg from orginal pgoh founder and great story teller
seven of nine from gol

A

Ashlen

Oh I forgot about Borg and that group of guys they were great and
laid down some big foot prints for others to try to walk in.
Arthil was another one with the PGoH
a wonderful person and great for that guild and catskills.

K

KodozPGoH

1. Borg [PGoH]
2. Seven of Nine [GoL]
3. Hawkeye Pike [UP]
4. Cort Malic [Seer]
5. Neobahamut [Various Guilds, was part of the two Grandmaster Duelist's on Catskills.]
6. Tymaron, of various guilds. Tymaron is someone that most everyone should have had have an impact on them, but most probably don't even realize it; A very large portion of Catskills History, especially event and roleplay centered, was written down and chronicled by Tymaron. For many years he held a large library, which sadly has fallen. Tymaron was also the author of the Britain Bugle, Catskills own newspaper for some time. Tymaron seemingly vanished a year or two ago, and we are all the lesser for it.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I would have to say Flame from GRI. I have been blessed to know this woman for a couple of years now, and I have never met anyone so giving and pure. She makes the best of any situation, and shes a pure joy to talk to. I'm blessed to have known her.

There are many many good people on this shard who I have had the honor to meet and talk to. And my close friends and guild members go without saying for me.