Catskills guild wars?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
T

Turdnugget

I noticed that Catskills has a lot of guild wars... is this an ongoing thing? A RP thing? Is it always a set place and time to fight...

How do you guys/gals do it here?

C

Corvak

Most of them are for the purposes of RP conflicts.

For example, some pirates are in a tavern, and might want to have a fight break out etc. Or try to rough someone up and steal something they're carrying (followed by said someone's friends retalliating)

Generally, RP guilds have RoE (Rules of Engagement) active. Stuff like, no killing at the bank or afk, no looting, etc.

Generally, fighting is kept to organized events, or in relation to the RP currently going on. (So they don't kill each other on sight, just because they can).

Sometimes they state that combat can only happen with specific gear equipped (to give newer or less active players a bigger role).

The biggest thing with wars like this - always insure yourself. The 'enemy' guildmaster may recruit some guy who just wants to grief. Generally, such a player will be removed from his guild once you go to his guild leader, but it doesnt get your stuff back if he's stolen it.

I don't know all of the specifics, but talk to Hawkeye Pike (Captain of the United Pirates) for more info. He has a lot of experience with this sort of thing. Reading his travelogues website has a few examples of guild wars used in RP as well.

T

Turdnugget

Thanks for the info =)

I saw a posting about a Vesper Civil war on Europa with regards to role playing and it looked really fun but I ping too high there.

I think I might like to do this RP warring stuff on Catskills.

It'd be a nice change of pace from my other shard.

Now how to get started on Catskills... that's another obstacle =/

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 22, 2008
Somewhere
All you have to do is make a character pick what template and roleplay a personna and eventually you will find an rp guild most likely.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
Europe
Ahoy matey!

The typical Rules of Engagement ye can find on the bottom of this page:
http://www.aschulze.net/ultima/pirates/rules.htm
It pretty much covers what guild wars between Catskills RP guilds are all about.

I also read about da Vesper war on Europa, and I liked it very much. There's nothing that keeps us from doing the same thing on Catskills. All we need is someone to organize it and talk to the right persons. Count the United Pirates in!
Arrr... mebbe I will take care of this myself, as soon as I have more time again. I'm already planning a smuggling event anyways...

Well, stay tuned! You'll read news here on this board soon!

T

Turdnugget

I noticed on the UP site that there is a new rule that only GM armor is to be worn during guild wars, does this include weapons/shields as well?

For example, if I were a parry mage could I not use a SC then?

And what about jewels? Are magic jewels not allowed since they're not really GM made...

And what's the rules about pets in these guild wars?

Trying to find out as much information as possible about the different rules. I've learned quite a bit on the UP site =)

C

Corvak

Weapons and jewels do not fall under this rule.

It's only for armor to give everyone similar resists. So you can't run around in all 70s with godly mana/hp regen.

I'm not sure what the deal is with pets, though.

T

Turdnugget

Oh... so you can run around in GM armor but still have an uber weapon...=) that's nucking futts!

That answers the jewels question...I asked this on the UP board, but are there any always active guild wars? Not ones that are just planned out...

For example: An anti-elf guild, or a trade company trying to bring down tyranus pirates etc...

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
On Canada
Sounds like fun...but why spend months...and million building a suit that you toss in a box??

lol

4th3ist

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 18, 2004
Sounds like fun...but why spend months...and million building a suit that you toss in a box??

lol
There are no on-going and constant guild wars going to my knowledge.. I mean, its not like a prance over to PGoH town daily and plunder and rob people.. I wouldn't mind more active conflicts but that doesn't seem to be the way things are going right now. Any time I'm doing PvM or romping through Fel I always have my best suit of armor with me.. So it's not like these things just collect dust.

As for Turdnugget... I don't really know you, but something is going to tell me this isn't the thing for you.. I might be mistaking you for someone else, but this isn't the kind of all-out anything-goes PvP you might expect. You would be hard-pressed to find people bringing their GD's to conflicts, as it doesn't really fit in to to much lore. I am an advocate of on-going conflicts... I try and stir up riff-raff whenever I run into oranges here and there, but it usually doesn't end up in bloodshed.. Part of the RoE basically says no KoS.. There has to be some kind of confrontation first to keep things consensual.

In fact, now that I think about it, since I've been active as an RPer again I have not drawn blood from a single orangie.. And I've been fine with this. The UP are working on some pretty interesting "war" scenarios however, so we should see some action soon..

I don't want to discourage anyone from getting into the RP ring that has a taste for bloodshed. I'm sure it can be found, but it's something that has to be done in good taste. Also, TW, aside from what I said above about your million-dollah suits.. Most new recruits start with fresh blood. Most people don't just bring in veteran characters to start RPing for a number of reasons. There is no rule against it.. However, your more inclined to break character and start talking OOC with your "old non-rp buddies" on an already established toon then a brand new character with a solid RP name and background.

T

Turdnugget

I'm not looking for KoS afk killing PvP just for funzies.

I think it'd be fun to have an active ongoing war.

Just looking for a fun way to PvP that I know wont have all the cheats/hacks that are found in Fel. I wouldn't be playing Cats all the time during my online time, but something that would be a change of pace from the normal beat and batter of regular Felucca PvP.

I'd even have a one man militia guild and war everyone to make it fun and interesting. Kind of like a ... the whole world is against me kinda thing.

I'd like to PvP not just because someone raided my spawn or whatever... but have a reason like... I'm a bounty hunter, pirates stole my house and now have a vendetta against all pirates, and i'm a dark-elf and all regular elves make me sick etc...

Any RP guilds here that would want an all-time active war? Not the trash talking/cheating kind... but one that boils your blood everytime you think of the opposing guild =)

K

katherinepgoh

Next Friday or Sunday, depending on if there are EM events or not, We will be trying to debut our 'Skirmish' battles. Details will be posted for those who want to come by and watch, and these will end up being recurring events in the RP community where any orange [Highlighted] Guild that agrees to the ground rules of the skirmish will be welcome to join in. They will basically be practice battles.

Apart from that, there are always events going on, and usually RPPVP related scenarios that occur at a frequent basis. You won't be fighting every day, but you should be having a few minor conflicts on regular basis, with major ones whenever those of us who lead can set them up.

I urge you to go to the above links to the Chaos-spell.net forums, where most guilds have forums, or to the United Pirates (Though you said you did) or to our forums at forums.thehonorempire.net under PGoH.

Also, if you have more questions, I'm pming you my icq number. Hope to hear from you soon!