• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Castles

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember being able to recall and mark in the courtyard of castles back in the day. I was wondering why it was changed to where you can't do it anymore. I mean you don't own the courtyard because you can't lock or secure anything in it. But you can't mark and recall into it. That seems a bit messed up because it's a CASTLE, it's suppose to be the best house in the game. Kind of reminds me of the dragons in the game right now. Everyone complains about how they are so over-powered but they are DRAGONS. Dragons are suppose to be badass magical creatures who will whip any puny humans behind? Not some pathetic "pet" that a mage can easily take down with energy bolts. Some things get so out of proportion and fake in my opinion.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I forget when it was changed, I think it was an unintentional change though. As for dragons, we have greater dragons now that are pretty awesome. You should look into getting one (if you have a tamer).

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I might be wrong, but I think it was due to an exploit involving moonstones and being able to access private castles by placing the moonstone in Tram in a spot where the corresponding tile in Fel was within a private castles courtyard.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a very long thread about it two or so years ago here on Stratics - with no developer comment at all.
*Salute*
Olahorand

C

Chiera

yes this and that there already existed runes to castle courtyards were the reason for prohibiting recalls to courtyards. And it was in no way an exploit, it was just the way it used to be. But then our beloved brethren from Fell, who when it comes to resources and power scrolls were always so very much in favour of risk, fun and rewards, suddenly felt obliged to complain about too much risk and no fun at all being ganked in the public areas of their private places. Guess the gankers found it rewarding still, but seemed to be a little less vocal at that times. Oh my... the ways of the world...

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya, it was changed do to an issue that from what I understand no longer exists. However, it was never changed back. We have been asking for this for years now. I have been meaning to make a new post bringing it up again.

Conceptually it should be pretty easy to do, and there are a few possible things they could do.

1) Allow recall into the courtyard, but only allow characters on the account that owns the castle to mark runes in there.
2) Allow recall into the courtyard, but if the castle is set to private and your not friended/accessed, then boot the person out to the house sign. (This is actually the way it works now with gates. If you gate from your courtyard, and somebody comes through, they will stay in your courtyard until they move, as soon as they take a single step they are kicked out to the house sign.)
3) Allow us to lock stuff down inside the courtyard. If we cannot recall into there, then let us lock things down in it. We dont need a foundation or anything, just let us drop stuff on the ground and lock it.

Personally I would like to see option 2. This would allow house owners and friends to recall in without the problem of being ganked in their own house.

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2) Allow recall into the courtyard, but if the castle is set to private and your not friended/accessed, then boot the person out to the house sign. (This is actually the way it works now with gates. If you gate from your courtyard, and somebody comes through, they will stay in your courtyard until they move, as soon as they take a single step they are kicked out to the house sign.)

Personally I would like to see option 2. This would allow house owners and friends to recall in without the problem of being ganked in their own house.
I agree, although there should be risk involved with living in felluca, I would find it wrong to be ganked inside a castle courtyard.

K

Kratos Aurion

I thought it was changed due to any players being able to recall into the location. For instance if you lived in a fel castle and someone decided to "share" your courtyard with opposing pvpers, they could camp inside your home whenever they pleased and wait for your return.

Likewise it also affected tram castle owners if someone you didn't like found access to your courtyard, they could simply liter it or black your runes (if you marked inisde) and release pets in it.