• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Casca's Speech

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the attached pages, please find a transcript of Casca's speech.

I am informed that there is a full written version of this speech at the Counselor's Guild Hall in West Britain. I, however, wrote this from my memory of what I heard, and from my own notes.

I was glad to see that many of my fellow citizens/subjects share my suspicions.

-Galen

Out-of-character note: I did this from screencaps I took of the speech. I think I got all of it, however, following some dialogue between Casca and members of the crowd that took place right at the beginning. -Galen's player

----------------------------------------------------
Welcome Citizen's of Britannia.

I stand before you today, not as an Ambassador to the Royal Council but as your newly appointed King.

As much as I respect my predecessor, I must humbly ask that the outpouring of loyality you've given him in his reign and absence be given to me.

The Primary order of the Kingship is to ensure the welfare of the citizens of Britannia. I have decided that my primary focus of business is to find a solution to the recent hostilities brought forth by the Shadowlords. If a diplomatic compromise can be found then I say let that be the way to venture for the loss of life will be too great to if the alternative is found to be necessary. If open warfare becomes necessary to ensure our safety then rest assured that I will do all in my power to minimize the negative effects on the general populace.

The recent invasion of our cities and the resulting weakening defenses of our kingdom must be made corrected.

In order to do so, I shall be appointing a new Captain of the Royal Guard. I dare say our new Captain may desire mandatory conscription, though I do not wish to see this come to pass, I will enact this course if no viable solution presents itself. To prevent this I encourage all of you to swear fealty to your King and Nation and make it your priority to ensure it's safety just as strongly as I shall. This is not condoning vigilante justice, but requesting that all citizens step forth and honor the sacrifices of our forebearers.

In order to not sully the history of my predecessor, I here by lay claim to the magnificant castle who's courtyard we are intruding upon. Castle British shall still be used for councilary purposes but this shall be my permanent residence, as soon as certain precautions are put into place.

The current council shall be shifted to a more advisory purpose. with the appointment of a new King to the function as was intended when it was established.

With those thoughts in mind. Worry not about the fact that I am not a Man but an Elf. While our differences are self evident our goals are the same. The end of a costly and deadly conflict that has torn at the minds, hearts, and souls of everyone involved, from the poor beggars to even myself. And through the enlightenment that such suffering brings, I assure you, I will do what I feel is in the best interest of Britannia and it's peoples.

Yet, in order to do so I must consolidate power in the Kingdom. Hence forth all independent governments by Royal decree are to disband and hence forth outlawed, all non-sanctioned townships and state hoods abolished. Unity must begin from within and by separating ourselves we are counterproductive to that purpose. We must unify or taste defeat at the hands of our enemies!

Now, I must leave, my duties to the Kingdom call. With my regards go forth and enjoy the glorious new dawn that is upon our Kingdom.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Thank you I tried to save it but I didnt have journal set up right :)