• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cartography and Lockpicking training

M

marcelom

Hello, i am a new Treasure Hunter, played UO for several years, but now this 2 skills i have to train, i never did them before, so i would like to ask you guys, a quick guide to train them succesfully from 0 to 100%.
Best places and ways to train, experiences and so on, to let me know all about this skills, i will appreciate your help!
Regards.

5% Luck

Well for lockpicking its best to start with 50. Then one gm tinkered locked box can take you all the way to gm> what i did was picked at my gm made locked box till 95 then got discorded in the weald to finish it95-100. Carto is easy. You just need alot of blank scrols and the same method past 95 applys. Other wize past 95 you will need to read maps and pick those chests per posinle gain atempt AFAIR. GL

M

marcelom

just 1 box? is that easy? hehe but i think i will have to break a lot of lockpicks right?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
yeah - but you'll need a 75 tinker skill locked box to get to the 70s in lockpicking skill without breaking a lot of picks (going the "start at 50 with a GM box" method, you will always fail, and break tons of picks, until you get to the 70s in skill).

In the 70s, switch to the GM tinker box.

Then, at 95, when you go get discorded, use the 75 tinker box - it will take about twice as long as the GM box, but use a lot less picks. Using a GM box for the training while discorded runs the chance of running out of picks, and having to leave to get more, and have to get re-discorded (and it's really easy to get killed trying to set up the discord).

Also note that while many times more dangerous, a paragon satyr will drop your skills 5 points or more lower than a normal one.