• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Cartel Helps to Defend M!S from Mercenaries

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reports from all across the fair lands of Britannia have spotted mercenaries, formerly under the employ of Lord Casca, in attacks on kingdoms and groups who have been deemed to be in favor of the Gargoyles.

Yesterday, one such report located the Mercenaries on the southwest corner of Ice Isle, at the Guildhouse of The Misfits of Society (M!S).

It appeared that the lands of M!S were in danger from mercenaries but the good people of Baja rallied to protect their friends. As the Mercenary Scout bellowed challenges and threats from outside the towers and keeps of M!S, it became clear that the members of M!S were not present to defend their own lands. The snowy terrain of M!S filled with elite ninjas from distant lands as mercenary scouts prowled the premises, their loud boasts the only audible echos in the howling winds.

Brave souls Nicholas the Old, Proseperina, Claudia Drusilla, Abra & Someone came to the rescue and began their valiant uphill battle against the mercenary forces. Joining them were Wario and SuperKen of the Cartel, and Turtle of GSE.

With their forces combined, the mercenaries fought back, but to no avail. The swords and knives of the mercenaries fell from their hands upon the drifts, covered in their own blood. One by one they fell, easily dispatched by the withering spells of the necromancers and heavy firepower of the mages. Despite the overwhelming numbers of the mercenaries, the combatants showed no fear and would not be easily bullied.

After the last mercenary uttered his final gasp, the combatants healed themselves and silently thanked each other for the hard work. Though they had united in their efforts this time, all knew that the rapidly changing political climate meant they might find each other at each others' throats the next time. With knowing nods, the combatants left, secure in their victory both against the mercenaries and for the good of the citizens of Baja.

An example of the shifting alliances was present during the encounter when the self-proclaimed Ambassador to the Queen, Count De'Floob made a brief entrance before making a cowardly and hasty retreat from the two attacking Cartel. Later reports of there having been "5v1" were found to be well wide of the mark.

- No roleplayers were hurt in the making of this story -

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thankye all, for coming to the defense of M!S....

Not sure if anyone noticed, but M!S defense made UO Stratics Pic of the Week this week. :thumbup1:

Y

Yalp

Count De'Floob, the Queens Ambassador TO Covenant of the Dark Moon (CTDM) has repeatedly come to the defense of all good people who have been under the assault of these mercenaries, including MiS, EcZ, Kingdom of Dawn, the Girl Scouts, TAO, CTDM, SI, and others. When the Count arrived at MiS headquarters, it became obvious the Brittania Purity League (BPL) had every intention of murdering gargoyles who came to assist. A hasty retreat was both wise and timely, as the Count managed to escape the trap that had been set.

Reporting the incident to CTDM and dispatching a courier to the Queen, Count De'Floob reports that members of BPL did battle their own mercenary forces and killed them during the attack.

This does not bode well for mercenaries... killed by the forces they are set against, killed by the people that hired them. And speaks volumes of the character and philosophy of the BPL.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cartel isn't in the Purity League. =]

We know nothing of their plans or schemes, and are an independent unit. Cartel members have also been found to attack mercenaries at other areas.

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Count De'Floob, the Queens Ambassador TO Covenant of the Dark Moon (CTDM) has repeatedly come to the defense of all good people who have been under the assault of these mercenaries, including MiS, EcZ, Kingdom of Dawn, the Girl Scouts, TAO, CTDM, SI, and others. When the Count arrived at MiS headquarters, it became obvious the Brittania Purity League (BPL) had every intention of murdering gargoyles who came to assist. A hasty retreat was both wise and timely, as the Count managed to escape the trap that had been set.

Reporting the incident to CTDM and dispatching a courier to the Queen, Count De'Floob reports that members of BPL did battle their own mercenary forces and killed them during the attack.

This does not bode well for mercenaries... killed by the forces they are set against, killed by the people that hired them. And speaks volumes of the character and philosophy of the BPL.
long live the De'Floob's ! perfect example of ethically developed Gargoyles, I see no reason to blanket hate any race the way Car errr The Purity League continues to do.

Grey Eagle of Baja

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea Ken , nice post i agree, but u left out how u guys slaughtered anyone who came through the gate , before helping them , as a reporter or whatever your position on stratics is shouldnt u tell the whole and not jsut your glorious view of it ?

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ken is a Mod, not a Reporter. The difference being that it's reporters who have all of those... you know... journalistic ethics requirements and balanced reporting and such.

Mods are more in the department of making sure nobody sets the building on fire. Outside of that, it's pretty much fair game. :thumbup1:

As a balanced reporter, I accept glorified posts from either side. Since I wasn't there, I can't refute anything. I just censor out any name-bashing from the final news post and off we go.

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this entire bogameal thread was made to justify Ken being an rp'r lol ...

don't worry, nobody see's it.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea Ken , nice post i agree, but u left out how u guys slaughtered anyone who came through the gate , before helping them , as a reporter or whatever your position on stratics is shouldnt u tell the whole and not jsut your glorious view of it ?
PM sent!

Proserpina

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This was the second or third wave of Mercs at M!S.

The one before this is where OxyCottonball and the other guy were pking everyone. (Don't worry Cottonball - all's fair in love and war in Felucca).

I know it's an event, but folks, some parts of it are still in Felucca, and if you travel there you have to anticipate that you may be killed (and not by the Ems either).

Let's just have fun.

Dear Diary,
One day when I am a great PKer, I have to get revenge on:
*scribbles down names*.... Cottonball and that other weird guy who thinks he's Anakin Skywalker or something......

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not here to take one side or another, but...

RawHeadRex said:
this entire bogameal thread was made to justify Ken being an rp'r lol ...

don't worry, nobody see's it.
If the Cartel, or the Covenant of the Dark Moon, chooses to participate in this storyline, take a position, contribute to it, write an article about it, submit their response to the terms of surrender, or enter character to RP with both Player and EM RPCs; then I think that makes them roleplayers.

I see it. And I think I am in a position to pass such a judgment.

As for their rivalry? I'd tell them to get along but conflict is a major part of dramatic structure. It breeds good stories. So like a sadistic Roman despot I'm content to watch them fight out their differences for my entertainment.