• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Capt Cut throat Trout :o)

Z

ZippyW

Finally caught the Capt. Cut throat trout yesterday, Nuttyboro, in the Donald's Playground. That guy has eluded me for a long time! Of course, I rarely ever fished in that PG. But he finally got me over that 59 fish line that I've been stuck at.

L

Little Sadie

WTG! I am fishing hours a day now for the grizzly. Good luck with the next 10!

Z

ZippyW

It really surprised me and I almost didn't notice that I had caught it. I was really fishing for the 2nd dog fish, and it's been SO LONG since I caught a new species, that I've gotten to be an automaton, not even really paying much attention to what I'm catching. I don't even bother with the bingo card if I'm alone, but if other toons are there I'll fill out the ones who go with the game being shown. I wish they kept track of our "record" fish because I've caught so many new records recently, but I guess it doesn't matter.

Anyway, I'm sorta sick of fishing, but I'm going to force myself to keep working on those last 10.

Z

ZippyW

Thanks, and since we are talking about fishing, though this might be better in the Dear Toon section... is it just me or does it bother other people when toons jump around in the pond while other toons are fishing!! While I know it doesn't "scare the fish," I can't see the shadows as well if they are bouncing around in there, and my first instinct is that it DOES scare the fish!! LOL!! Nowadays, I just patiently ignore them, even the 2 toons that were glitching and hovering/flying all around my head in DD, just aching for a response. Oops, that reminds me of a Dear Toon I want to mention...

S

SSniffleslam

It's annoying, but it's really bad in TTC because when they run through the water it actually creates ripples and you can't see the little fish shadows...and why is that the only playground where it does that??

L

Little Sadie

I never fish in crowded districts. I cannot stand if someone steels my pier so I go to Funnyfield that rarely has anyone in it and the ones there are generally doing tasks. I don't like toons jumping in the pond, steeling my pier, or asking to be my friend. LOL~ I do get a lot of "Can you help me?" from some poor lone toon that has no idea that there are more crowded districts out there. I don't know how many times I've helped toons in MML and now the Brrg getting their 20 buildings. I feel bad telling them I'm busy fishing! LOL!

S

Sally Bumblefoot

LOL I love fishing with Terri. Only problem is we are BOTH creatures of habit and want the same pier!! You are planning on maxing Feline Fine, right? Terri does leave her pier to help a toon that is talking to the cogs in desparation!! It is kind of funny. They just keep telling her she rocks and how awesome she is! She has a very big heart. I can't stand toons jumping around me or in the pond and like Terri, I have a favorite pier that I always use. I don't like playing musical piers either and if you are fishing in a fairly busy pond it happens. I usually always fish in funnyfield unless I am waiting for someone and I am in River. I really like fishing when I am tired and just want to relax. I feel like I am accomplishing something but dont have to think!! The best is fishing with a friend because it seems less lonely, even if we dont talk. Lately I havent been able to get on until very late or at times when I only have a short time and dont feel like thinking so I have been fishing more. I love it when friends pop in and fish with me for a bit (thanks Sir Bumblenoodle) but quiet districts are definately the way to go!!:thumbup1: