• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cap on Banked Points for bods?

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Once you hit 1200 Banked points do you have to pick a reward? It no longer brings up the menu that lets me pick if I want to bank the points or redeem. Just takes me straight to redeeming no matter what setting I have on the bod.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Answered my own question.

That was a dumb way to do things. I was actually looking forward to just being able to build up points I could use at a later date when I needed pof or hammers without having to clog up my homes.

MEH

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Why you even WANT to go past 1200 currently, when the system is set up to ZERO your points after claiming a reward from banked points?

They really need to make it to where you keep the surplus when you claim from banked, and excess over a non-banked reward gets banked at the normal percentages.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why you even WANT to go past 1200 currently, when the system is set up to ZERO your points after claiming a reward from banked points?

They really need to make it to where you keep the surplus when you claim from banked, and excess over a non-banked reward gets banked at the normal percentages.
They ZERO YOUR BANKED POINTS after picking a reward from the banked points? Wow, just wow.... I don't even know what to say to that.

Odin Firefly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This, I believe, not to be true.
I have 545-Banked- points in cooking, just used 10pts for a frying pan, now have 535-Banked- point remaining.
I believe that he-Basara- was trying to say that if u set the bod to disable banking points, and do not use all the points that that bod is worth in your purchase of said item, those excess....extra points will be lost, hence, not added to your banking points.

vasagi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not true. Your banked points do not go to zero when you chose a reward ( unless you chose a reward for the full value of your banked points). But in the case of the what OP is referring to... banked points max out at 1200. During the XMas Festival tree event.. i routinely banked up to 1200, then chose one item i wanted (usually the POF), which would drop my banked points back down under 1200 but NOT to zero..

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not true. Your banked points do not go to zero when you chose a reward ( unless you chose a reward for the full value of your banked points). But in the case of the what OP is referring to... banked points max out at 1200. During the XMas Festival tree event.. i routinely banked up to 1200, then chose one item i wanted (usually the POF), which would drop my banked points back down under 1200 but NOT to zero..
Then I still don't get the point of the cap, oh well.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Maybe I'm thinking of how they were on Test Center. There was an uproar then, so maybe they changed it.

But, I don't bank points except on scribe and cook - and I could have sworn they both zeroed on me, otherwise I'd have had 20-30 points extra. last time I collected anything.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
if people are able to bank as many points as possible, there will be people with 100k plus of points by doing bod filling scripts lol. normal people will get alittle extra but would be nothing compared to the auto filling bod scripters. is why the banking of points was a bad idea.