• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cap LRC suits at 60% max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...and another troll post bursts into flames!

Most def another waste of time...I want my 30 seconds back!

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ROFL. If it took you that long to read the thread, you may want to talk with the school you attended and sue them for not teaching you to read faster...la

PsychoKinetic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a better idea than capping LRC.

If you fail a steal attempt against another player, you are instantly guard whacked, all your possessions (bank box too) are placed on the ground and your thief character is permanently deleted from the server.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ROFL, I love the fact that you seem to think this initial post had something to do with me being able to steal something. Let me explain something to you.

It didn't.

ROFL, why bring up stealing or the thief profession in this thread?...la

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
would make it harder to script train magery to 120 in 11 seconds and more money lost in the sink. i'll take it!

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Suit managment is more fun than resource managment.

However, I would support some sort of mechanic spitting LRC into seperate properties for each school of magic (magery, necromancy, mysticsm)

I'd also support there being dungeons/areas/facets of the world where LRC didn't work (some thought would have to be given to the UI).

Spellweaving has already broken the mould though - no reagents at all.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ROFL, I love the fact that you seem to think this initial post had something to do with me being able to steal something. Let me explain something to you.

It didn't.

Most people can think of roughly 28k reasons. They are listed under your avatar.

What I'd like to see is the total number of mods be capped based on skill. If you have 5 magery related skills you can get 100lrc. If not then less. Same with the other skills. People would cry though.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It didn't.

You speak of R vs. R but yet give no reason as to WHY the change. I suppose if someone dug up the last locked thread on this SAME TOPIC they would be able to find your motivation behind this latest thread.

BTW...hey mods...whats the rules on reopening locked threads?

S

Stupid Miner

I can't imagine trying to do champ spawns without a 100% LRC suit. Die once and let the ratmen loot all my reagents is not my cup of tea. This seems more like a post stating... "Please let thieves steal even more". 100% LRC suits are as much a part of the game now as insurance. Why bother talking about utilizing other game mechancs when there is no need to. A thief is one of the few templates in game that you can basically do sucessfully naked if you wish...no reagents, no armor, no jewels. Add in Ninja skill and a few smoke bombs for fun if you want to. Granted you may not live long but maybe you should consider nerfing yourself instead other players enjoying the game. Just my to La's.
It's really not that hard to do. I run with a necro who's kinda useless w/o regs (cant heal, cant regain mana) just keep 3 stacks of 30 of each reg and you'll never lose them all at once.

-----
Directed no poster in particular, but many in general:

Ok, what the heck is up with the undue amounts of ad hominem attacks on Rico? There are a lot of people attacking him concerning his posts in OTHER THREADS. Each thread is a separate entity and you post concerning a certain thread WITHIN THAT THREAD ok? seriously no need to start flaming every single post he makes.

C

Clair

Just an idea, but it seems with 100% lrc suits, you have really cut down on the risk in the game. Not that this would bring whole sale change, but it's something.

Oh, and the 60% is just a random number I came up with...just cap the suits below 100%...imo...la
Let’s hear it for another selfish, self serving post from Rico.

I don't even think you are trying anymore. You just try to come up with the thing that will draw the most negative attention to yourself, and then post it. This is not going to happen, and you know it. Quit wasting everyone’s time. Post something realistic and constructive that would make EVERYONES game experience better.

Or, how about this? PvP thieves derive enjoyment out of stealing from other players. This enjoyment is often the result of the real life anguish inflicted on the victims of these actions. I argue that this is grieving that is allowable by game mechanics. I find this to be unacceptable. Players being allowed to steal from other players should be removed from UO!

(Removes tong from cheek and goes back to mining)

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why are any of the modifiers capped then? Let them all reach 100%? I didn't ask for the mod to be removed...just capped like all of the rest...la
LRC is capped.... at 100%. If not, I could wear 120% LRC and get regents back every time I cast a spell.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just an idea, but it seems with 100% lrc suits, you have really cut down on the risk in the game. Not that this would bring whole sale change, but it's something.

Oh, and the 60% is just a random number I came up with...just cap the suits below 100%...imo...la
How many ex-players do you think would return to UO if this change were made? How many existing players would view it favorably? How many would use it as a reason to quit? Maybe you should make a poll.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, what the heck is up with the undue amounts of ad hominem attacks on Rico? There are a lot of people attacking him concerning his posts in OTHER THREADS. Each thread is a separate entity and you post concerning a certain thread WITHIN THAT THREAD ok? seriously no need to start flaming every single post he makes.
Careful. After that you will be accused of being an alt account of mine...la

F

Fink

Sounds like an interesting change. Regs were a decent gold sink. Only thing I didn't like was buying up bulk, but you only had to do that once in a while if you did it right. There should be some level of maintenance needed for running a mage, currently it's zero. Alchemists & scribes seem to cope just fine with bulk reg requirements.

I have a number of characters who still use actual reagents, much to the surprise of some folks. It's really not that big a deal. I expect arcane charges would only be consumed/used 60% of the time too? ie: 40% of the time you'd need the backup of real reagents. Then again arcane items burn gems and have a finite number of uses between charges, so maybe they're okay as is.

/signed

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How about this? Go play on a shard where you can't run 100% LRC suits or risk losing them upon death?

Wait a second! What's that? I think there's this one great shard called Siege Perilous where you can play and stop trying to push your grief-encouraging playstyle on other players!

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ROFL. You seem to think that this would be a big deal on Siege. 100% lrc suits typically run 20-25k on a vendor.

It was merely a suggestion for discussion. You seem to have taken the thread personally. Not sure why, it's not like the developers ever make these types of changes anyway...Chill pill? Got any?...la

S

Stupid Miner

I'm almost positive some of the developers had discussed capping LRC at some time... anyone remember who/when that was?

K

Kazumi the Wild

Those names are likely a result of the combination of what you'd gain from such a change (namely, a boost to stealing unless the opponent does some seriously tedious resource management) and your... unique... charm.

I think, though, that when people respond to your posts with things other than insults and accusations, they'd probably be saying the same thing to any Devs that suggest something like LRC cap:

"Will this bring people back? Will this make people leave? Does this change help or hinder UO?"

Its a very reasonable question, as no one (I dare say, not even you) want to see this game decline due to suscribers leaving. Do you really think a cap like this will bring back old veterans? Do you think the portion of people who would leave due to changes like this would be insignificant?

I don't think I've seen you answer this question, and while you're no more an expert on this than anyone else (your talent in psychology to get under people's skin with a well placed ...la or two aside), I think the least you could do is respond to posts of SUBSTANCE rather than posts of attacks on your character.

D

DPudding

Hisrionic Personality Disorder

People with this disorder are usually able to function at a high level and can be successful socially and professionally. People with histrionic personality disorder usually have good social skills, but they tend to use these skills to manipulate other people and become the center of attention. Furthermore, histrionic personality disorder may affect a person's social or romantic relationships or their ability to cope with losses or failures. People with this disorder may seek treatment for depression when romantic relationships end, although this is by no means a feature exclusive to this disorder. They often fail to see their own personal situation realistically, instead tending to dramatize and exaggerate their difficulties. They usually blame others for failures or disappointments. They may go through frequent job changes, as they become easily bored and have trouble dealing with frustration. Because they tend to crave novelty and excitement, they may place themselves in risky situations. All of these factors may lead to greater risk of developing depression.

The symptoms include:

* Constant seeking of reassurance or approval.
* Excessive dramatics with exaggerated displays of emotions.
* Excessive sensitivity to criticism or disapproval.
* Inappropriately seductive appearance or behavior.
* Excessive concern with physical appearance.
* A need to be the center of attention (self-centeredness).
* Low tolerance for frustration or delayed gratification.
* Rapidly shifting emotional states that may appear shallow to others.
* Opinions are easily influenced by other people, but difficult to back up with details.
* Tendency to believe that relationships are more intimate than they actually are.
* Making rash decisions.
* Threatening or attempting suicide[6]

Sound familiar?

In Flames

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

No. Why no?

It's pointless.

It'd be more worthwhile just to push them to make some sort of pre-AoS (preferabley Pre-pub 16) shard.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No.

And if you have any more stupid ideas that would accomplish nothing but making people quit, please keep them to yourself.
If this got you to quit, it'd be the best ****ing idea ever.

So before you say any more stupid ****, please keep everything and anything you'd like to submit in text form on this forum... to yourself.

And this is a great idea. Next would be requiring paladins to carry GOLD in order to cast chiv spells.

K

Kith Kanan

sure as long as regs cant be stolen or arcane clothing blessed with cbd's , no thx to disabling mages in combat by stealing there regs.... Thy griefing days are over....

K

Kith Kanan

It didn't.

LOL yeah and pigs can fly..... OFC it has to do with stealing....

L

Lord Zephyrus

I would like to have a blessed or insurable reagent bag so i could actually get a full 70 suit without having to pay out the AZZ for it i play casually and i will NEVER buy in game gold so i cant pay 140 mil for the uber L337 lrc mr fcr 70s suits.

S

sandersism

I read this entire thread and I have yet to see anyone post a single reason why this would be a good idea. I'm not necessarily against it... I just tend to weigh things... and I can't find any need for this.

Claiming that it would once again help reagent vendors... while accurate... isn't nearly enough... the actual benefit in that area would be very very small.

Claiming that "other things are capped, why shouldn't this be?" is also fairly worthless. There are clear reasons why most other caps exist.

1. I do think that this would ruin quite a few suits... which in some cases people have pieced together over long periods of time. I can easily see many of them quitting as a result.

2. It would also enable everyone to build nearly perfect suits in every other aspect... once the need for LRC is gone, your options as to using other pieces would expand (I have a feeling this would hurt crafters in the long run.)

3. It would probably irritate most necros/mages to the extent that I'm sure some of them would quit. I realize that they have played without LRC in the past... but the problem is that they've now been exposed to having 100% LRC and going backwards would anger them.

4. If you're going to have LRC, it seems rather pointless to have it capped... and I think if you did cap it, people would simply stop using it. Honestly... is the minimal amount of gold you're going to save by occasionally not using regs REALLY worth having to sacrifice other suit attributes/modifiers? I think not. If they capped it, I have a feeling most people would simply carry around regs and build suits without LRC entirely.

5. As you said... there are ways to prevent losing all of a certain reg PvM wise... so realistically the only area that this would have an effect on would be PvP... and in that case... what is the point? I personally don't care about looting anyone else's regs, I can buy them just as easily. I also don't feel that it would take them very long to restock (buy more regs)... so that doesn't help either...

Feel free to respond with actual logic rather than the typical nonsense (aimed at irritating other people) you spout (which is probably the main reason people tend to dislike you)..

la...

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You wont get an honest reason as to the nature of the thread beyond...*this has nothing to do with a thief* or *this has nothing to do with stealing.* By actively denying *stealing* as the OPs motivation behind the initial post, what more can the OP say? Honestly...

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And this is a great idea. Next would be requiring paladins to carry GOLD in order to cast chiv spells.
I'm usually the first to jump on Rico, but I went along with this idea, but asked the question......which no one has answered.

"What about Ninja, Bushido, Chiv, Spellweaving........ which dont require any regs?

Why only punish mages and necros."

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, what the heck is up with the undue amounts of ad hominem attacks on Rico? There are a lot of people attacking him concerning his posts in OTHER THREADS.
It's simply because every thread/post Rico makes is a request to steal some worthless object.

I still LOL when I think about the thread where he complained about not being able to steal goza mats.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's with everyone attacking this idea so badly? Yeah he has had a lot of bad ideas but that doesn't mean he can't post a good idea every so often. I bet if someone other than Rico posted this there would be less trolling and personal attacks...

I do like the idea of capping LRC. Maybe around 50-75%

So I sign on for this idea.

/sign

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

What risk are you talking about? Risk of losing regs if a monster or PK takes them off the corpse after you die?

How, exactly, would that be fair when you can insure every single piece of a melee build's critical gear? Mage can do NOTHING without regs.

The only major issue I see, is that this would return to the days of having to "buy" your magery skill-ups because of the large ongoing demand for regs. And the hassle of having to carry around a heavy pack of regs everywhere you go. Or spellcasters having to run all the way back from an Ilsh moongate because they ran out of pearl.

Now that LRC is here, I see little benefit and only great inconvenience to mages in getting rid of it or nerfing it. And any mage who isn't also a tamer is pretty limited in terms of options at the moment anyway. Any situation where you can't EV and invis yourself, you are pretty screwed because of the huge amount of damage the better 50% of mobs in game do, and their huge healthbars. (Try killing a tsuki wolf by flamestriking it... good luck to you.)

I think a demand for placing a handicap on mage implies they have some big advantage over other builds. They don't. If anything they are far more limited in options. My true-mage build (not a tamer) is fairly useless for anything but a) EV and hide (which is not practical in many situations) b) heal dragons and rezz dead people.

Find a class that actually has a little too much going for it to ask for random nerfs. Go start a thread for vet to take 3 seconds on your own pet now. That would be more in line.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's with everyone attacking this idea so badly? Yeah he has had a lot of bad ideas but that doesn't mean he can't post a good idea every so often. I bet if someone other than Rico posted this there would be less trolling and personal attacks...

I do like the idea of capping LRC. Maybe around 50-75%

So I sign on for this idea.

/sign
Do you say this as a char who mostly plays a mage...or mostly some other template...

???

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question to all the "yes LRC sucks" crowd.... what is so wrong about it? I have no idea how your game will be more balanced or enjoyable getting rid of LRC. It just means people return to hoarding regs and driving prices way up, and people buying 100-each-reg bags off vendorhouses at mafia levels of inflation. This is good for the game how?

Mage is pretty, as I stated above, limited in options--- take magic out of the equation when you get rezzed or monster stole regs off your corpse and it's LOL good game. Do you guys think you'll be better off at your guild hunts waiting for people to run back from the moongate cause they ran out of regs or had them stolen?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no problem with LRC, I like it. I just don't think it should get go all the way to 100% I would prefer to leave it around 75%, or heck, why not 80%
I just find it a little ridiculous to make it so you will never need regs at all, require a little bit at least is what I say.

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play mostly a necro and have played a mage a lot.
What does it matter to you though?
It matters because I have serious doubts someone who plays any mage other than mage-tamer would think LRC is some extraneous benefit that needs to be nerfed.

If melee have to buy 100 gold sharpening stones they have to use multiple times throughout a hunt on their weapon, or when tamers have to feed 2,000 gold worth of meat to their mount every couple hours of battle... sure, nerf LRC. Till then no.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why are any of the modifiers capped then? Let them all reach 100%? I didn't ask for the mod to be removed...just capped like all of the rest...la
Seriously? You really don't know why HCI or DCI woud be capped? give me a break...this post you just made is trolling your own post...la-me

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd rather loose/revise insurance. And it has nothing to do with stealing.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play mostly a necro and have played a mage a lot.
What does it matter to you though?
I see the word necro is not immediately followed by the word mage. That tells me that you wear a dexxer suit and use necro regs for spells. Deep down you feel that others should subject themselves to the same inconvenience you must put yourself through every...time...you...die.

IMO...if you wish to have maxed dexxy stats on your suit, you should have to use regs to cast mage or necro. On the flip side of things, mages often cut out stats just in order to maintain the LMC LRC SDI balance. So why punish a mage who skips on the stats to go regless? seems backwards and one sided to me.

N

Nestorius

I agree. That is an excellent idea!

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see the word necro is not immediately followed by the word mage. That tells me that you wear a dexxer suit and use necro regs for spells. Deep down you feel that others should subject themselves to the same inconvenience you must put yourself through every...time...you...die.

IMO...if you wish to have maxed dexxy stats on your suit, you should have to use regs to cast mage or necro. On the flip side of things, mages often cut out stats just in order to maintain the LMC LRC SDI balance. So why punish a mage who skips on the stats to go regless? seems backwards and one sided to me.
Exactly, mages CHOOSE LRC in lieu of other benefits. My mage is a 2, 3 or 4 hit kill in any serious fight. If a serious mob is on me at a hunt or spawn or dungeon, I'm dead before crosshealing can save me. So acting like mages have it all... like we all have big stat bonuses and max resists and LRC all in one setup... is largely not true. My resists are junk and I die to physical attacks rather easily. That is the trade off I make to not be useless to my group and unable to do anything to help if I die, rezz, and a monster walked off with my regs or gold pouch. Once I get my gear back I can invis heal and rezz.

If some tetheran paragon walked off with my reg pouch all the time at hunts and I kept having to run back to the moongate and restock regs to function whatsoever in the fight... forget it. I'll just roll some ezmode class that doesn't require anything but bandages.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Wow, so because I didn't put the word mage right after you try to invent me as someone who wants to inconvenient others just so you can invent me further to attack my opinion.
So you so funny :D

Just because my main isn't a mage doesn't mean my idea is mainly to inconvenience people. I just think it's a good idea. Get over yourself, stop inventing posters here, and accept the fact that others who play necro's or mages like this idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.