• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

cap kinetic eater or cap damage eater?

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What would you choose?

Kinetic eater = only work with physical damge, cap is 30%.
Damage eater = work with all kind of damage, cap is 18%.

Im not sure what would i choose so i ask here, what would you do? (for a melee char)

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depends what you plan on fighting :) Damage Eater is a lot more versatile though, and the 12% extra for Kinetic Eater probably doesn't make that much difference.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
How does it work? I tried to use 15% damage eater vs UEV but didn't notice any difference (the same red numbers pop up over my head).

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it heals you by the % you have from the hit you receive. Example, you receive a 20 damage hit, and have 30% kinetic, it heals you for 6 points.

HugsNKissesUO

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
For PvP or PvM?

PvM I'd just go the full 30% kinect

Pvp depends on the shard, shards like LA with nothing but dexxers = kinect
Shards like Atl with a mix of everything = damage

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
30% Fire and 30% kinetic is possible, you just need to sacrifice some mods somewhere else.

Also, @CorwinXX if you equip the eater, and then watch your journal, you'll see some message that is roughly "you absorb life from some of the damage" or something to that effect. I think the effect has a 4 second cool down between uses. I am not sure if this is per eater, or for all eaters. For instance, if you're wearinbg the 30 fire and 30 kinetic, fighting a GDrag, and it claws you now, and you eat damage, then 2 seconds later it hits you with a firebreath, I have no idea if that will trigger your fire eater, or not.