• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can't turn Combat music off...

Kafka72

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... no matter what I try. I edit the main uo.cfg and the individual character uo.cfg and restart the client and something is editing the files back to CombatMusic=on. What am I doing wrong?? This is driving me nuts and any help would be greatly appreciated. I've tried just editing the main uo.cfg by itself, individual character uo.cfg by itself, and both at the same time and it keeps reverting back to being on. Thanks again....

Kafka72

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I think I just figured it out. I guess you got to be logged out of the character before you edit the uo.cfg file. Still doesn't make sense to me. I'd think that once you edit the files (main and individual) and relog the character that it would follow the edited uo.cfg and not change it back. Still any explanations from someone more tech savvy would be greatly appreciated !!