[Necromancy] Can't Tame Bake Kitsune

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 12, 2005
Atlantic
I have 115 necro and I can't tame a Bake Kitsune with my dark wolf out. It used to work even with 105 but it won't lately. Has something changed?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Cats/Europa
It has been like that for a while. You can control a bake kitsune with necromancy, but not tame it.

I'm not sure why that was put into place, but it was. I forget when exactly this happened, but I think it was in the last half year.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 12, 2005
Atlantic
I didn't see any patch notes that said necro can't tame bake kitsune anymore. Why would they nerf this? Not even at 120 necro?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
THE GREAT STATE OF WISCONSIN
Don't really need to tame them. Put taming on the char for a week and let the bake bond. Put necro back on and you have a bonded bake, just be careful to only issue commands when you have a wolf summoned.

V

Vaneca

With 120 Necor you can tame a bake at first attempt.
However, if you want it to bond, you need to put taming on your char anyway when you get the pet out of the stable after a week.
So I guess it doesnt really matter, unless you dont wanna have Taming on that char for a whole 7 days =)

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 12, 2005
Atlantic
I didn't want to bond really. I wanted to tame a bake so I can spice things up while with my dark wolf.
Like I said, I've done it in the past (less than a year ago) at 105 necro, but perplexed why it's not working anymore.

J

[JD]

bake kitsune, despite being pretty good pets, are actually a fairly low level (of ability required) pet and don't require 120 taming (unless you just enjoy the pain of grinding taming to 120).

50 taming + 26 jewelry + 5 birds of brit talisman should be enough to feed and bond one.

http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/anim.php

click sort by taming, taming attempts 0. bake kitsune may be tamed beginning at 80.7 skill

G

Gelf

this was nerfed awhile ago, can no longer tame. don't believe they posted info on this,think it was a stealth nerf.As for reason, I figure one of the dev's char's got PK'ed by a necro with a bake in tow.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 12, 2005
Atlantic
An official Dev response would be good so we know if this is a nerf or a bug on the dark wolf. I already sent a bug report.

J

[JD]

The bug report was probably the smartest thing you could have done. It's been said that is our only avenue of communication with them now. Given that the description is tame/charm ANY wolf, I'd say it's not working as intended...

J

Jonathan Baron

To resurrect a topic, I ran the usual web searches and could not find information on this whole facet of necromancy. I love those little fork tailed, fast moving casting foxes but I've only used them on my tamers.

Don't care if I can tame one on my Sampire or my Necro/Mage. I have my tamers that tame and my tamers that fight, meaning they have the minimum skill to control pets but fewer combat compromises.

Thus what I need to know is:

1. Can a tamer transfer a Bake to a character with GM or better Necromancy the way a tamer can transfer a Lesser Hiryu to a warrior with GM Bushido?

2. What does the neco need to employ for the Bake to obey him?

Naturally you're thinking, just try number 1 silly and find out for yourself. Problem with that scenario is that I've seen animals go wild during improper transfers. Farming and fully training a top Bake is far from trivial. I'd hate to lose the little guy.

I gather you need to employ a summoning familiar or the like for the Bake to take commands from the Necro? I guess this leaves the notion of running a Sampire riding a Lesser Hiryu with a Bake in tow is out of the question then.

Yet I can dream :)

Thanks folks.
-

C

Cloak&Dagger

To resurrect a topic, I ran the usual web searches and could not find information on this whole facet of necromancy. I love those little fork tailed, fast moving casting foxes but I've only used them on my tamers.

Don't care if I can tame one on my Sampire or my Necro/Mage. I have my tamers that tame and my tamers that fight, meaning they have the minimum skill to control pets but fewer combat compromises.

Thus what I need to know is:

1. Can a tamer transfer a Bake to a character with GM or better Necromancy the way a tamer can transfer a Lesser Hiryu to a warrior with GM Bushido?

2. What does the neco need to employ for the Bake to obey him?

Naturally you're thinking, just try number 1 silly and find out for yourself. Problem with that scenario is that I've seen animals go wild during improper transfers. Farming and fully training a top Bake is far from trivial. I'd hate to lose the little guy.

I gather you need to employ a summoning familiar or the like for the Bake to take commands from the Necro? I guess this leaves the notion of running a Sampire riding a Lesser Hiryu with a Bake in tow is out of the question then.

Yet I can dream :)

Thanks folks.
-
They should only go wild after multiple attempts to transfer that resulted in failure. You need to summon the dark wolf and transfer the bake to the necro, necro needs the dark wolf in order to control the bakes, so if the dark wolf dies you would have to re-summon to command the bake after that.

I am not sure but I do believe you need taming in order for the bake to bond though.

J

Jonathan Baron

Thank you!

Yes, it's on odd one - it feels like an idea someone thought better of after the fact.

Giving a Lesser Hiryu to a Samurai is one thing. Those have fewer hit points than a faction horse and cold resist so low that you could kill it with a slush puppy.

A Bake Kitsume, OTOH, is a serious combat pet....well...serious is perhaps the wrong word, as they often have that odd giggle of theirs.

Formidable...yes, with 350 HP, 220 STR, 450 mana, and a devastating rage attack at just two slots, if someone with zero taming could drag a couple of these into battle while mounted you'd see folks making all manner of necro warriors much the way you see players making legions of those absurd looking, wing flapping gargoyle throwers now.

-