• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Cant seem to find treasure

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have UO cartography and am in the general area I just cant seem to find treasure even if I use gm mining. About to erase the thunter skills and just be satisfied fishing up SOS. I use classic client any advice?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
what part of it are you having trouble with? Finding the area?

I know that for me, it's as if the T-maps are One screen width off from where they should be. It could be happening to you, too. As other seem to be able to find maps exactly where they are supposed to be, it's likely a bug only affecting some of us. It might be related to the bug that screws up house placement, if you move the game play window from its default position at the uppermost left of the screen.

Place some sort of marker (like a bandage or piece of bright cloth) where you THINK the chest should be, then spiral outward looking for it - you'll probably end up with the marker completely off your screen, if you're bugged like me. After you've cleared the spawn, see just how off the map location is from where the chest actually was, and assume that all your chests will be off in that direct by that much distance, and you'll have a lot less trouble with future maps.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have UO cartography and am in the general area I just cant seem to find treasure even if I use gm mining. About to erase the thunter skills and just be satisfied fishing up SOS. I use classic client any advice?

Try these links if they may be of help

http://stratics.com/community/threa...ease-read-before-posting.213147/#post-1762824

http://uo.stratics.com/thb/info/lostart.shtml

I recall also of another link with further explainations on how to better find a treasure chest location with the Classic Client, with a particular detailing on the Pin showing on the Map and the actual location of the chest (they seem to be a bit offset...) but can't seem to find the link now. Perhaps someone else can point to it ?

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what part of it are you having trouble with? Finding the area?

I know that for me, it's as if the T-maps are One screen width off from where they should be. It could be happening to you, too. As other seem to be able to find maps exactly where they are supposed to be, it's likely a bug only affecting some of us. It might be related to the bug that screws up house placement, if you move the game play window from its default position at the uppermost left of the screen.

Place some sort of marker (like a bandage or piece of bright cloth) where you THINK the chest should be, then spiral outward looking for it - you'll probably end up with the marker completely off your screen, if you're bugged like me. After you've cleared the spawn, see just how off the map location is from where the chest actually was, and assume that all your chests will be off in that direct by that much distance, and you'll have a lot less trouble with future maps.
I will definately try this, it sounds like the problem i am having

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or, if you can afford it, you can buy a Davies Locker, put the decoded map into it, and see the exact co-ordinates... Not an option for everyone I know, but the good thing is, the Lockers have security settings, so if you just know someone with one, you can ask if they'll let you have access to theirs to quickly drop maps into!

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or, if you can afford it, you can buy a Davies Locker, put the decoded map into it, and see the exact co-ordinates... Not an option for everyone I know, but the good thing is, the Lockers have security settings, so if you just know someone with one, you can ask if they'll let you have access to theirs to quickly drop maps into!