• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can't patch with new Win7 64 bit Comp

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just bought a new laptop with windows7 home edition 64 bit.

Loaded Uo discs fine but when I start Uo/patch it stops asap. I tried turning off both firrewalls(windows and/or McAfee)but still no luck.

It starts to download the patch but then immediately goes to:
error during session
client may not be latest
etc...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ty

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Enhanced Client is the new client CC or classic Client is the old client Either will work Enhanced client has a lot of features that are new
Here is a link to some screen shots http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-enhanced-client-beta-discussion/229011-screen-shots-ec-mods.html

and here is a link to the EC forum with all kinds of info UO Enhanced Client beta discussion - Stratics Forums

and here is a link to a video explaining the different options YouTube - tgnUltimaOnline's Channel
Hrmmm...

Now UoAssist does not recognize that Uo is installed. UoAssist cant find Uo on my comp

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the main reason to use enhanced client for pvp is the character acceleration is instant in EC where it takes a sec after turning to move in classic client.

this gives quite an edge if you trying to catch up with/run away from, someone using classic client.

i have reported this as a bug already.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
the main reason to use enhanced client for pvp is the character acceleration is instant in EC where it takes a sec after turning to move in classic.
This is not true if anything you have it backwards

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm no :)

try this in both EC and CC: hold right mouse botton and then move mouse in circles around your char real fast.

result in cc: you char will turn but not move.

result in EC: you char will move in circles.