• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

can't login(UOSA client)

A

astanar

So i've decided to give UO a try after a couple of years. I downloaded the UOSA executable and downloaded/installed the whole thing. When the patch starts I always get this(ive uninstalled reinstalled couple times):

Patch error!

The patch client encountered corruption in the file [base/waypoint.uop/b51c6f36e2818a15.meta] on the remote server.
please try the patch operation again.

So i just repatch and it works..

Now I enter my username/password and press "play"...and nothing happens. It just stays there forever.

few points:

-i run win7 32bit
-yes it is ran as administrator
-yes i have the lastest drivers for everything
-yes i've tried disabling UAC/firewall/made exeptions in it
-i have no interest in playing with the classic client

help me :(

P

PlugNPlay

I have a similar problem with one difference: I dont get any patch error messages. But i can't log in either.

I use Windows 7 Ultimate 64.
With Vista Ultimate 64 the client worked without any problems.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PlugNPlay, your problem sounds different. Unless you're also getting the "enter username/password, press play and nothing happens" thing, please create a new thread with more details so we don't derail astanar's.

Astanar, do you have another PC in your house, or access to one? Can you try installing the SA client on another PC, then copying it to your PC? If the patch is failing, it's likely something keeps getting corrupted. If you have another PC that doesn't get the patch error, then you can replace the corrupted install with a copy from there.

Edit: I realize it's not an ideal solution, but after 5 days with no other suggestions, it's the best I've got.

P

PlugNPlay

I think it is the same thing.

Patching works without problems. After that i get to the login screen, enter my username and password, click on "login" and the only thing that happens is that the windowcaption changes to "UOSA - MyAccountname".
After clicking on the Login Button the first time it isn't possible to click on it again. At least it isn't responding to the mouseclick. The back arrow works tho, and takes me back to the splash screen.

Btw. it seems to be irrelevant what i enter as username or password. There is no error message or anything at all even if i enter nothing.

J

JPDefault

Actually, looks like a communication problem with the login server.
Are you running an antivirus?
A so-called "personal firewall"?
Is the Windows Firewall active?
What kind of connection are you using?
What modem/router?
Did you try to disable IPV6 protocol?

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anything communication-wise should eventually time out with an error though.

Can you guys try entering your username/password, click next, then let it sit there for 3 full minutes?

P

PlugNPlay

Yes Avira Antivir Free. No difference when disabled.

Nope.

Yes, but tried it with disabled Firewall: Same Result.

DSL

What modem/router?
FritzBox 7050

I disabled the IPV6 protocol but it didn't help.

Can you guys try entering your username/password, click next, then let it sit there for 3 full minutes?
Done, even after 5 mins, no change.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to install UOSA to help you out, but mine keeps encountering corruption in the chinese note files.

Because the Chinese notefiles are integral to gameplay, it won't let me finish.

P

PlugNPlay

Thank you all for your help so far.
I guess i have to wait until EA fixes the problem.

The 2D client isn't that bad. At least it remembers me of the good old UO days ;) .

A

astanar

yep.

nop
yes but with proper settings. i even disabled it but didnt change a thing

What modem/router?
it aint the modem/router because it works on another of my computer running vista

yes

I mentionned that I did install the client on a vista machine, and it worked. I tried to copy the folder to my gaming rig and still didnt work. it has to have to do with how communication work in win7..:(