• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can't launch renderer

B

Beastmaster

I can't get the client to run on my PC of choice. Says it can't launch the hardware renderer and gives an option to use a software renderer which will not launch either. Says to check the minimum requirements.

I cannot find the minimum requirements listed anywhere.

Don't bother asking what my machine has, I want to know what the minimums requirements are that I'm supposed to check against.

Magnus

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Operating System: Windows XP or Windows Vista
CPU: Intel® Pentium™ III 1000 MHz or AMD® Athlon™ 1000 MHz
RAM: 512 MB or more
Video: 64 MB 3D graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting, such as NVIDIA® GeForce™ 3 class card or newer, ATI® Radeon™ 9700 or newer.
Exceptions: (the following cards are not supported) Geforce™ FX Series, Geforce4™ MX Series, GeForce™ PCX 5900, GeForce™ 6200 Series, Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3000, ATI® Radeon™ X300 Series, ATI® Radeon™ X1300 LE HyperMemory-32
DirectX® 9.0c and latest video drivers
Sound: Card capable of supporting DirectX 9.0
Hard Drive: 4.0 GB available space
Internet Connection: 56k or better

The recommended specs:

Operating System: Windows XP or Windows Vista
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 1800 MHz or AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 1000MHz
RAM: 1024 MB or more
Video: 128 MB 3D graphics card, NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6600 class card or above , ATI® Radeon™ x1500 or above
DirectX® 9.0c and latest video drivers
Sound: Card capable of supporting DirectX 9.0
Hard Drive: 8.0 GB available space
Internet Connection: Cable or DSL Connection or better

Subject to change.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A guildie had same error and I had her update her video card's drivers and then she got it to work.