• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can't inscribe scrolls

S

Slopp

I have 100 inscription, the right reags, 50+ blank scrolls. yet when i try to make a scroll such as recall, i get the message "you don't have the components to make that."

I'm able to make spellbooks just fine. but can't make scrolls. is my character bugged? or am I missing something here?

btw- i have waited for a gm for over an hour and then suddenly my help queue disappeared. didn't get any answer from gm. lol I have resubmitted but think I have a better chance of getting an answer here.

hope ya can help

thx

C

Clarifier

Do you have a spellbook in your pack with the recall spell in it?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make sure a filled spellbook is in the top layer of your backpack (i.e., is not inside a container in your backpack).

S

Slopp

yes i do, spellbook with all 64 spells in my main backpack.

:its not a regular spellbook though. scrappers compendium. will that matter?

C

Clarifier

Do you have a scribe pen? Only other thing I can think of you may be missing.

C

Corrupted Goblin

Make sure you have a full spell book in your hands if you have an empty one in your hands and a full one in your back pack the empty on in your hands takes priority.

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

Just to make it a little easier then trying to play a guessing game, grab a regular spell book and see if you still get the same message.

C

Corrupted Goblin

type of book doesnt matter i scribe using my full scrappers.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the only time i ever got that message (and was banging my head into the wall, same as you) is when i had an empty spellbook in my hand. it took me ages to figure it out. since that doesn't seem to be your problem, don't know what to tell you :(

C

Connor_Graham

Make sure you have all of these:

Spellbook
Scribe's Pen
Blank Scrolls
Correct Regs

C

Clarifier

Just tried making a recall while holding a blank spellbook and it worked fine :)

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

Just tried making a recall while holding a blank spellbook and it worked fine :)
You obviously had a full spell book in your pack, it doesn't matter if you hold an empty spell book as long as you also have a full one present, which in this case is what the other poster was saying, he didn't?

P

Pawl

My gm scribe get that too, but its cause i'm holding an empty spell book in hand and full one in back.

to fix it i drop book out of hand, open full spell book, close it, and can scribe fine.

Yes OSI before EA stated Book in hand over rides pack, BUT, also said last book used over rides all books .. like a catch 22 sotra thing...

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 100 inscription, the right reags, 50+ blank scrolls. yet when i try to make a scroll such as recall, i get the message "you don't have the components to make that."

I'm able to make spellbooks just fine. but can't make scrolls. is my character bugged? or am I missing something here?

btw- i have waited for a gm for over an hour and then suddenly my help queue disappeared. didn't get any answer from gm. lol I have resubmitted but think I have a better chance of getting an answer here.

hope ya can help

thx
Did you get a pen?

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

E

Eslake

I've had the same bug happen on occasion.
While holding a Full Regular spellbook, with several of Every reg and blank scrolls in the pack, GM inscription, and unable to make most scrolls.

The solution I've come up with is to make a spellbook, log to a different character, and log back.

I don't know the Cause of the problem, but that fixes it every time for me.

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
um, just for clarification recall needs bloodmoss, black pearl and mandrake... those are the regs in your pack correct?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This sounds suspiciously similar to some of the problems people have been having lately with their tailors when trying to enhance stuff. For some reason, resources or tools are not being recognized.

How's the ping to the shard you're on, Slopp, and do other things happen to that character too like casting spells and nothing happens, not even a fizzle?

S

Slopp

thx everyone for the reply. I decided to kill my character on purpose and what ya know after I res and looted my corpse I was able to inscribe the scrolls.

I had 64 spell scrappers book, black pearl, blood moss, mandrake root(for recall scroll), blank scrolls, scribe pen. just a note, the scrapper was in my main pack, I didn't have any spellbook armed.

its funny, a few days ago the teleporter in my house stopped working and I had to re-customize the teleporter to work again.

I'm beginning to think my account is bugged

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its funny, a few days ago the teleporter in my house stopped working and I had to re-customize the teleporter to work again.
that has happened to me Slopp - super easy fix for it - click your house sign, select a new foundation, and bingo, teleporters will work again. NO idea why, but much easier than going into customization mode :)

D

Doireann

that has happened to me Slopp - super easy fix for it - click your house sign, select a new foundation, and bingo, teleporters will work again. NO idea why, but much easier than going into customization mode :)
Just, if you have any parrots, ax them first. *mutters about stupid bugs*

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arghhh...and I went into customization mode everytime this happened to me :sad4:

Thanks for the great tip!

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thx everyone for the reply. I decided to kill my character on purpose and what ya know after I res and looted my corpse I was able to inscribe the scrolls.

I had 64 spell scrappers book, black pearl, blood moss, mandrake root(for recall scroll), blank scrolls, scribe pen. just a note, the scrapper was in my main pack, I didn't have any spellbook armed.

I'm beginning to think my account is bugged
That has been one of the oldest, time honored remedies for a lot of character related problems.

*Shrug*

Has been said many times (a long time ago in a far .... )

Nothing like a Death to clear the sinuses and get things working again.