• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cant choose stealth as a starting skill?

• Thread starter imported_xStrikerx
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_xStrikerx

Why cant you choose stealth under the advanced option of new character setup? Picture says it all.

I

imported_xStrikerx

Why cant you choose stealth under the advanced option of new character setup? Picture says it all.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it was because you need 30 hiding before you can train stealth.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it was because you need 30 hiding before you can train stealth.

P

Prudentis

Never tried it, but since you need a hiding skill of 50 to train in stealth, you might want to try this.
Try choosing a hiding skill of 50 and than stealth.

EDIT: Or 30 like Frarc said. I don't have a stealther, so he will probably be right

P

Prudentis

Never tried it, but since you need a hiding skill of 50 to train in stealth, you might want to try this.
Try choosing a hiding skill of 50 and than stealth.

EDIT: Or 30 like Frarc said. I don't have a stealther, so he will probably be right

T

Trukx

Cant start w/ it or with Remove Trap (as you also need a base in detect hidden before you can train it).

T

Trukx

Cant start w/ it or with Remove Trap (as you also need a base in detect hidden before you can train it).

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You know, with the introduction of New Haven, I don't see why anyone would even bother with a custom character anymore, except for tamers and bards.

Hiding and Stealth can be bought and/or quick-trained to the "custom" levels in New Haven, and it would be better IMO to pick the standard character type closest to the other skills you'll want on the character, then get the Hiding & Stealth quests at the place where Ninjitsu & Tracking also have quests.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You know, with the introduction of New Haven, I don't see why anyone would even bother with a custom character anymore, except for tamers and bards.

Hiding and Stealth can be bought and/or quick-trained to the "custom" levels in New Haven, and it would be better IMO to pick the standard character type closest to the other skills you'll want on the character, then get the Hiding & Stealth quests at the place where Ninjitsu & Tracking also have quests.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And the updated guide on UO.com says its 30 hiding.

http://guide.uo.com/skill_48.html

And of course i tested it on TC and you can stealth with 30 hiding.

They changed it because humans have 30 in all skills and they can learn stealth right away even when there hiding shows 0.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And the updated guide on UO.com says its 30 hiding.

http://guide.uo.com/skill_48.html

And of course i tested it on TC and you can stealth with 30 hiding.

They changed it because humans have 30 in all skills and they can learn stealth right away even when there hiding shows 0.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup its 20 in all skills for humans..... not 30 like i posted before.Thats what happend when you post at 5 am in the morning!

But the 30 hiding is right for starting stealth.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup its 20 in all skills for humans..... not 30 like i posted before.Thats what happend when you post at 5 am in the morning!

But the 30 hiding is right for starting stealth.