Can't call the guards in town?

• Thread starter TheOneAndOnly
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
T

TheOneAndOnly

Okay, so it should also be noted that I am on Siege Perilous if that makes a difference. But anyways, so I am a thief on SP, and have been in the thief's guild, stealing from players as one would think.

Lately, I have in effect been perma-grey. Players can attack me in guarded zones, while I am innocent, I cannot call the guards to my help, nor do they get counts...

Okay... so there is one player in particular whom constantly ganks me in town while I can't call guards, so I figured maybe it was the fact that I was in thief's guild, so I wanted to see this guy get guardwhacked, and so I could return the favor of drylooting. Anyways, I've been out of the guild for about 3 days or so now, and players can still freely attack me in guarded areas...

Anyone had any experience with this? Thanks!

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 7, 2008
florida
no idea what is going on there. I thought after the timer expired, you returned blue.

T

TheOneAndOnly

Yea as did I, I've tried everything pretty much, the person still flags as an aggressor to me, but after I die, with no assistance from the guards, the attacker is blue again, I don't appear grey to people, but am freely attackable in town, and am not given the option to give a murder count after all is done and I am dead.

S

Shinobi

Not sure about SP, but on prodo shards faction towns lost guards for a long time. It may be the same deal. However, i recently heard that GZ loss due to factions is over, so im not sure.

T

TheOneAndOnly

Sorry, I should've mentioned that this is happening in Luna, clearly inside guard zone (at the bank). Yeah *sigh* :(

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
well, first thing, if you're in the thieves guild, you cannot give counts to anyone upon death.

Second, remember that although you may appear blue to yourself you may still be gray to others. It could be possible that you did go gray and the people just kept flagging on you, keeping you gray to them.

If this happens again, just go somewhere or hide for 2 minutes.

T

TheOneAndOnly

I don't think this is related to timers, because this has happened to me where I haven't done anything that should flag me for the past couple hours at least and still get ganked in a guardzone basically

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
Hmm, try killing yourself after stealing?

If you're absolutely sure that they just aren't just retraining their flag on your after you go gray, whether it is through stealing or looting blue corpses, and has nothing to do with timers then perhaps we have an exploit/bug going on.

Curious to see if this is just happening to you or others as well.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
Some questions:

What color are they when they do attack you?
Are you wearing any "reflect" armor or jewels?
In a player guild?

T

TheOneAndOnly

Not wearing anything usually, pretty much naked besides by blessed knife :)

They are blue when they attack me, then they flag as an aggressor, but not a criminal

And yes, I am in a guild, not in factions, and the people attacking me are not in guilds that are warring with the guild I'm in....

C'est la vie :(

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
Hmm. Could be a bug with the guild war?

Not a common bug but occasionally some people report that the guild hasn't refreshed for some characters where enemies still appear blue to them but from the other characters point of view you would be orange.

Edit: That is, of course, assuming that those attacking you are in a guild that is actually warring yours and not allied to any guild that you warred.

S

Shinobi

Go outside of the Luna GZ, then run back in. Make sure it says "You are now under the protection of the town guards." If so, then something is wrong. If it doesn't say that, then for some reason the guards have been disabled in the area.

Also, are you sure you aren't red? lol