• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cannot patch

• Thread starter Regi the wicked
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
R

Regi the wicked

Everytime I try to start the EC the patcher crashes with a corruption on remote server error. I have fully uninstalled, redownloaded and reinstalled several times, but it still does not work. Any ideas?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you get that message you have to keep retrying patching. Sometimes it takes several times to get it patched. When you get that message its something over there not you.

R

Regi the wicked

I've done it 30 times in a row now and it still errors out. It is not always on the same file though, so I think you may be right.

R

Regi the wicked

Well this is just stupid. I have run it over 100 times now and it still won't even get to 1%. Is there somwhere I can just download the whole thing?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
you might try removing the patch file and trying again

R

Regi the wicked

I have deleted the patch log everytime. What other patch file is there?

R

Regi the wicked

Well this is stupid. I give up on the ec. I can not get it to patch. When I mean patch I mean from the initial install. So the 2 gb or so first patch never even happens. It is completely unplayable. I feel that this is unacceptable in every way. I will just go on with the 2d client that works fine and always has I guess. I just really wanted to try to play the ec more and get used to it for it's advantages. Thanks for everyone's attempted help.

R

Regi the wicked

If anyone wants to know I fixed the issue. I had to setup port forwarding on my router was all and now I am good to go. Thanks for the help.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
If anyone wants to know I fixed the issue. I had to setup port forwarding on my router was all and now I am good to go. Thanks for the help.
glad you got it fixed! i would not have even thought of that!:thumbup: