• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cannot log in Enhanced Client!

J

James1990

Hi, I am having an odd issue and I have never heard of this issue anywhere else so here it goes.

My father and I am play UO on separate computers. He plays on the enhanced client but since the last patch he hasn't been able to log into his account. He is able to log into the account on the classic client, but not enhanced client. Basically what is going on is that when typing his account name and password then hitting enter, nothing happens. Instead the login button becomes grayed out and unclickable and so does the arrow key to go to shards page. I cannot log intobmy account on his computer either. We can both log onto my computer just fine on both 2d and 3d clients. If it helps, his computer specs are:
-amd Phenom x2 dual core, 2.8 Ghz...
-nvidia gtx 260 video card
-700 Watt power supply
-asus mobo (we have the same mobos)
-320gb hard drive

Here is a list of things we have tried in order:
-reinstalled the enhanced client, 3 times, even copied the files from my computer. Nothing.
-cleared cache, cookies, cleaned up registry
-changed video card to brand spanking new nvidia gtx 550ti (runs direct x11)
-called tech support, many many times for 2 weeks
-tried to "run as administrator"
-turned off firewall and closed all programs
-checked for spyware/malware/viruses. System is clean as an unused toilet.
-tried windowed and full screen resolution.
-tried 3 different accounts, none work.
-checked the uosa.exe files, same as mine.
-tried running UO on administrator, nothing.
-tried logging in with different resolutions and different monitors (3)
-checked to see if he could even connect to the UO servers (even though he can play 2d still.)
-then a bunch of random, maybe this will work things that are not worth mentioning.

Anyways, nothing we have tried works. Everyone keeps saying called tech support. We have been for a month now, we even tried the old number that they not longer give out. We don't understand whats going on, anyone have any idea at all?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
ok first are you using A UI and did you install it correctly ? such as pincos? this is very important that it be installed correctly and in 90% of cases this is the problem

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Secondly you may try going into my documents and going into EA games ,stygian abyss, and cut the user data folder and place it somewhere like the desk top

then when starting uo again at the bottom there is a box you can check to perform a "full file check" check this box and then continue this may take a while to complete as its going to replace any missing files and check for them! (going to replace the folder you just removed )

If this does not work you can just place the file you moved to desk top back where it was and you are where you were before!

J

James1990

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the file is already on my desktop and full file check made no difference. I tried taking it off too, nothing is working. The latest patch does not agree with something on my fathers PC.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Are you using pincos UI?

do you have direct x 9c

Do you have .net 2.0 installed?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
also you may try posting in the EC forum thats where the resident EC people hang out and not always do they see the tech forum! here is a link

UO Enhanced Client Discussion - Stratics Forums

Sound like for some reason the ec cant communicate with the server, Ip blocker? firewall? (I know you said you checked this),Anti virus program blocking it?

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
remove nvidia network management, if you got it installed, EC don't like this :p